Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So 2004 will include an in game clock.....will it have an ALARM?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So 2004 will include an in game clock.....will it have an ALARM?......

So 2004 will include an in game clock.....will it have an ALARM?......Will the clock in the top left have a timer or an alarm that you can easly set?......if not PLEASE include that feature, so that we can set a timer for say 30min and get a pop up box or warning in a cornor of the screen that we have been playing for that time, and the ability set it to go off at a designated time ex. 4:00am.........

Also can you make the time visible some were so that you can see what time it is were other people are playing.

[screenshot]http://www.unrealops.com/images/ut-series/ut2004/nalicity/buzz1.jpg[/screenshot]

Thanks,

Zen

Wait so that's just not a 'time left in map thing'

oh please let it have an alarm, despitre being a little odd it would be sooooo usefull.

Comment

....sometimes i find myself wondoring if its worth the brain hurt to find out info on this game.

Comment

That's just the remaining time. Real clock is kinda usless, just makes the hud clunky.

If i need to know the time, i got this anolog clock (one with the long and short arm, with numbers!) hang on the wall. I just take a glims at it and i instantly know what time it is. Quite amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Arclite
          That's just the remaining time. Real clock is kinda usless, just makes the hud clunky.

If i need to know the time, i got this anolog clock (one with the long and short arm, with numbers!) hang on the wall. I just take a glims at it and i instantly know what time it is. Quite amazing.
          wait a min, so your saying you turn your head? while playing!?

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
            wait a min, so your saying you turn your head? while playing!?
            Oh yea, strange but true.

Sometimes i blink while playing. Rest assured, i'm not a freak.

Comment

Clock could be helpful for timing powerups. There's been hundreds of debates about the ethics of timing and using timers(in-game and outside). I wonder what kind of reaction this will get from competitive players.

Comment

if you play on ttm moded servers, you should be used to the clock by now.

Comment

Why not just have a general announcement about powerups so we don't have to bother with all that counting? Just have a quick message flash up on the screen thusly:

THE 100A IS ABOUT TO SPAWN!

THE 50A IS ABOUT TO SPAWN!

THE ELF SHOT THE FOOD!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
                    Why not just have a general announcement about powerups so we don't have to bother with all that counting?

THE ELF SHOT THE FOOD![/size]
                    LOL, I remember that game, Gauntlet. :haha:

I'll concur with Arclite about the clock; just use your own. If you really insist on a clock, I supoose a 'tator could be made for that, though I'd suggest the clock would only be shown by a keypress (like in Flashpoint), and would disappear after you let go of the key. Glad to see a new picture.

Juggernaut needs adrenaline pills...badly.

Comment

The only features extra feature I think the clock needs is a blue/red skin. I saw in some reports that people were looking at the clock colour to see which team they were on.

Comment

LOL :haha:

Comment

Lol @ Arclite

As fer the clock skin, it was reported that it only had one colour (red i think), and folkz were running about fighting on the reds side, only to find out halfway thru that they were in fact on Blue

I'm sure it will be fixed tho, don't fret

Comment

WOW - that works for you ?! j/k - :haha:

I agree... wear a watch or something if you want to know the time. I have a Timex $50 cheapo watch that takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' - it's been with me Since I started in the Marine Corps, to several continents, On a mission in the Persion Gulf, run over by a forklift, survived my motorcycle accident, and still keeps better time than most other watches i own. It has an alarm, and a timer

Comment

I think some of you guys are missing the point with a clock in the HUD, but I can't be bothered to go into this timer discussion again so I wont.

Its nice to see Epic listening to atleast some of our feedback.

/Kronon

Comment

Working...
                              X