TTM 3.0 - Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz
    How do I hate TTM? Let me count the ways!

Nevermind I won't.

You can NOT tell me it's fair that I want to play with red and blue skins with no hitsounds and some other fetcher on the server is playing with my team neon green and his team grey/black.

And we all know the so called "pro community" is the biggest group of whiney bastages the gaming world has ever known, so it's no wonder they all use TTM. It might rightly be renamed TWM - or The Whiner's Mod. For now I'll stick with the Trash Monkey Mutator.
    You're calling pros whiners? Roofles. Read your own ****ing post you ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz
      You can NOT tell me it's fair that I want to play with red and blue skins with no hitsounds and some other fetcher on the server is playing with my team neon green and his team grey/black.
      To be honest, that can create a bit of an advantage at distances, since the teammates of the other guy would be harder to spot and therefore, less likely to come under friendly fire

Comment

And before you make any other statements regarding so, step back and assess what your threshold for "skilled" is. If said person has NOT been a member of a top 20 team in USA or EU, then odds are, they're a newbie.

Are you a member of one of those teams?
        yes he is.

as much as i find him very arrogant, and the way he voices his opinions rather narrow minded and pig headed, he's in [MD] ranked maybe 3rd in Europe.

the guys knows what he's talking about, and he IS right about 100% of the clan scene using TTM, i just dont like his abrasive, pig headed way of saying it.

on the positive side, hes a **** good player for MD.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver3
          yes he is.

as much as i find him very arrogant, and the way he voices his opinions rather narrow minded and pig headed, he's in [MD] ranked maybe 3rd in Europe.

the guys knows what he's talking about, and he IS right about 100% of the clan scene using TTM, i just dont like his abrasive, pig headed way of saying it.

on the positive side, hes a **** good player for MD.
          Allrighty then.
          Still find it hard to believe 100% of the pros like TTM.
          100% might use it, but I doubt 100% use all the features of it

All I can say is this, if a majority of the pro players are *ssholes like that, no wonder the game isn't as popular as it should
          New players don't like not only getting their asses handed to them, but hate it even more to get essentially called worthless by a pro, or even a player who is extremely skilled

People should start cleaning up their attitudes.

TBH, the only people I would consider truly pro is if they could take a fresh install of 2k3, no mutes, no mods, no TTM and still manage to be the best

Comment

I just dont see why people hate TTM so bad....you can probably change all the options you dont like about it. Im 100% sure that all the good out does the bad.

Comment

Cursives 'attitude' towards 'casual' players is VERY VERY UNcommon in the clan scene.

lets define something before we continue this discussion, pro = fatal1ty, he earns money from his chosem profession. cursive = a serious clan/competitive player.

0.5% of the entire Unreal series players are 'pro' . infact theres only probably 2 or 3 maybe 5 who truely are 'pro' and earn a living from it. there ARE however a very LARGE number of clan players who take part in a competitive 'scene' and community.

Cursive is a member of the latter, to which also I am a member.

As countless ppl have pointed out, ALL of ttm's options are CLIENT side switchable. Even if the server has all options enabled, the CLIENT still has the choice to decide what he/she actually wants to have enabled for themselves.
              Its kinda like windows in a way, when you get a new PC and it has windows on it, it has loads of little apps tucked away for you to use and try out, chances are you'll never use them, BUT microsoft dont 'force' you to use them, their there but you have a choice whether you actually use them or not. ( who for example has ever used Dr. Watson?? )

ttm is the same, although you may indeed join a server thats running ttm, you the client still have option of what YOU set to run from your machine and have turned on.

As for the arguments of "oh well, if someone else on the server is gonna have green 'glowing' skins then he's gonna have a MASSIVE advatage over me so i HAVE to enbable them aswell to level the playing field"

1. afaik the only ppl who dont like ttm are 'casual' players who find it takes something away from the game in its origianl form.

2. to counter point 1. i'd have to point out that 'casual' players are forever going on about how they only play for fun and they have no desire to get all 'competitive' coz they think clanners suck etc". So to this end i'd have to question your 'need' to compete on a level playing field by 'having' to enable all ttm's options? If your only playing for fun and you dont take it seriously then what do you care how other ppl play the game?? are you gonna end up complaining that just coz you dont use pipedWeaponSwitch coz u only play the game for fun, does that mean clanners and ppl who do use it are lame and should be castigated for using it??

Does that somehow trivalise the skill level to which most clans play at??

imho no it doesnt.

Real sports team wear kit that stands out from the area they play in.

Cricket for example has 2 HUGE white boards at either end of the playing field behind both wickets. their there to ensure the red cricket ball doesnt get 'losed' against the dark/cluttered background of spectators. That in a manner of speaking is a visibility aid, the same as brightskins. its there as an improvement, not a 'hack' or a 'cheat'.

Comment

The only thing I don't like about TTM is their brightly-colored shield skin over all players. The glowy shield effects cheapen the look of the game. UT2k3's brightskins mod looks so much better. Other than that one aspect, I think TTM is a brilliant edition to UT2k3. I don't see what the fuss is except for the gaudy glowing skins?

Comment

hmmm..................................heh

maybe I'll retry this mod sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X