Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI*r^2

Comment

2004 needs to get out thier..........people such as my self will grab 2004 and play it all day...then during the night play Doom III and Half life 2 through the night...........2004 has a much greater replyability than any singal player game..........those are both off line games which realy pose no threat to 2004 in terms of on line players.

Demo is over due....... :up: When it ready

Comment

Fight the power!

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
          Erm... just a question: Where did you hear that Doom III is planned for late 2004 ? AFAIK the release date for DIII is sometime in Q1 2004.
          I may have that wrong. I don't follow D3 very much, but I thought I read third quarter 2004 somewhere...
          Still, a first quarter release date is almost garuanteed to be at least second quarter And either way it makes the OP a moot point. 2004 is the only one of the 3 that will make it out this year (unless Valve pulls something really **** fast).

Comment

In the end, yes the game is the primary factory. But an initial shock style play factor can be heavily influenced by release strategy. This is my main point. Releasing ut2004 early will not affect sales as much as it will initial players.

Players will play ut2004 and then move on to hl2 and d3 (but they might come back, and likely will if they are fans), but if ut2004 were released simultaneously, it would have a parallel affect, forcing players to get a taste of everything.

I strongly disagree with the 1 game 1 player notion. Especially with games of this incredible magnitude. After buying these games there is likely little else a player would need in terms of revolutionary game play.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
              PI*r^2
              what does the area of a circle have to do with anything? Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSobe
                what does the area of a circle have to do with anything? Or am I missing something?
                Ya I don't quite get it either.

Comment

dont you get it, i need to go eat my pi

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
                    dont you get it, i need to go eat my pi
                    And lots of them.

Comment

I thought this was obvious to every one!

Comment

E=MC HAMMER

Comment

imagine Duke Nuken Forever actually came out and then every one was like "WOW OMG DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS OUT OMG" and went and baught that and then id, valve and Epic went out of bussiness and 3D Realms became the next microsoft :bulb: and took over the world turning schools into strip bars

it could happen and when it does don't say i didnt warn you

Comment

Don't you see? Now that the HL2 source code is out, DNF will actually be completed!!

Comment

Just wait for ut2005. :haha: :up:

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X