Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How NOT to get flipped head-on when landing a scorpion from heights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How NOT to get flipped head-on when landing a scorpion from heights?

Recently I have seen these race maps appear on various assault servers where you get to drive a vehicle on tiny platforms and your objectives are to reach certain points, lower bridges, etc. I quite like these so called "races". But after a while of playing, I noticed that something doesn't go as it was supposed to. When I jump from a greater height with a vehicle like scorpion and/or hellbender going full speed in a nice horizontal position and attempt to land on another totally horizontal platform several feet below I almost ALWAYS get flipped head-on (when I see some other players land properly without problems).

In the picture below you can see what I mean. You can see that the platform where I landed is horizontal. If driving at full speed, jumping like that from a horizontal platform and landing like that on another horizontal platform I would expect it to land horizontally and not vertically like it does. Why does this happen? Is is a bug in unreal engine? What is the trick to prevent this and land normally?

I landed in a horizontal position and for some odd reason it flips me head-on as you can see. Weird. :bulb:

dont know why those maps are called "Race" maps, there is as much racing as fishing....

Comment

Because you take your finger off the gas when you jump, so when you land the momentum and weight bounces u forward - keep your foot on the pedal and you will land and shoot forward but on all four wheels this time. :up: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by PacMaan2004
        Because you take your finger off the gas when you jump, so when you land the momentum and weight bounces u forward - keep your foot on the pedal and you will land and shoot forward but on all four wheels this time. :up: :up:
        I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. The image was taken after doing exactly what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyro
          I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. The image was taken after doing exactly what you said.
          I thought you might lol :weird: - Well it works for me, its def. down to technique :up:

Dont make me Cow you!

Comment

yep it's a technique, I land fine but I don't know how - must be natural

Comment

dont know if this helps, but extend the blades while in air and keep out until u land - becareful you dont land at an angle otherwise bye bye blades

Comment

Originally posted by VenomZER0
                yep it's a technique, I land fine but I don't know how - must be natural
                Well at... least describe what you do before you land fine.

Originally posted by badger_fruit
                dont know if this helps, but extend the blades while in air and keep out until u land - becareful you dont land at an angle otherwise bye bye blades
                I've seen people land fine without blades out. What about in hellbender - no blades?

Comment

It doesnt make one bit of difference - but you have to do it, as well as honk your horn at the same time :up:

Its a matter of style and grace :up:

Comment

lol :haha:

teh evil scorpion glider

Comment

Originally posted by PacMaan2004
                      It doesnt make one bit of difference - but you have to do it, as well as honk your horn at the same time :up:

Its a matter of style and grace :up:
                      Just wanted to say that honking does the job for me.

seriously I don't know what it is. sometimes I'm just fine going full throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyro
                        Well at... least describe what you do before you land fine.

Originally posted by VenomZER0
                        I land fine but I don't know how

Comment

Working...
                        X