Clans Good Or Bad ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ejg
    When they meet on public servers and all switch to the same side, completely screwing up the team balance, they can suck my hairy balls. :down:
    Most clans with a clue will take places on both sides. Playing mixed teams as a clan is one of the worst modes of practice and only serves to bash others.
    Needless to say, this is of interest only to clans that play to win, even from lesser opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Virus002

Fun clan- This is a rarety and perhaps one of the hardest to join. a clan that doesn't participate in battles but is a group of people that play just for fun. *Note this clan is incredibly hard to stop*
      Made up of skillful, modest, great people Recruitment time could be about 3Months. (and yes i have seen 1 of these )
      Yup...stop around sometime:

Bubba's House Clan

Comment

I find there's only a small line between a fun clan and a long lasting clan. In fact, both can quite easily change from one into the other, although it is defenitly easier to go from a long lasting one to a fun one than vice versa, as the latter actually requires effort from the members.

Comment

My respect-o-meter instantly drops when I see someone with a clan tag. Sure it's profiling, but it's usually accurate in my experience.

As stated, an ideal clan will not stack sides on pubs, but it almost always happens.

I always expect to read or hear "OMG, BS, CHEATER," etc., when I kill them. Then there's the whole vote to kick the guy that's kicking the clan's butt ****. Annoying as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Leprechaun
            My respect-o-meter instantly drops when I see someone with a clan tag. Sure it's profiling, but it's usually accurate in my experience.
            Definite self-fulfilling prophecy material.
            I've hardly ever had trouble with people with clantags, and have never seen anybody without a clantag have trouble with someone with a tag either. Yes, I've had my share of complete clans acting like arses, but that was only in and around clanmatches, never on pubs.
            How some of you people manage to ONLY have negative experience with clanned players is completely beyond me.

Comment

make of clans what you want, i personally don't see a downside to them :P

and i won't vote in that.... poll :P

Comment

I don't like the idea of having to show up for practices and follow clan rules, or clutter up my name with a tag. I do realize that there are the good and friendly clans out there who aren't morons, and they're cool, but there are plenty of bad ones. The ones I especially hate are the ones who refuse to be on opposite teams, no matter how uneven they get. What most up-and-coming clanners don't seem to know is that starting and maintaining a clan actually takes work. And don't think I know nothing about clans, I was part of one, it wasn't that great.

I just like to keep my gaming fun, and clans just kind of turn it into a chore for me. This is probably the same reason why I don't care for stats: I play for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
                  /me thinks that for the clans to grow there needs to be official support for clans and a system that can punish bad clans and their members ...

Think of it like the rating-system used on e-bay and similar sites combined with a website that's supported by the industry (and and official 'virtual sport'-organisations) themselves.

Until that happens clans are not going to outgrow the public image of just being a bunch of elitist cheating ********.
                  http://ut2k4.info/phpBB2/index.php some of us are trying to work on it mate but it needs a lot more input from the clans that want it to succeed. so clans please do visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Leprechaun
                    As stated, an ideal clan will not stack sides on pubs, but it almost always happens.
                    you must have seen some very bad examples ;P
                    normally shouldnt happen

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                      Yes, I've had my share of complete clans acting like arses, but that was only in and around clanmatches, never on pubs.
                      How some of you people manage to ONLY have negative experience with clanned players is completely beyond me.
                      I can remeber one of my first experiences with a clanner was a 1on1 public non-arranged game where he stopped and typed "Hey... want some tips?" in the messages after he gibbed me 10 times in a row...

/me learnt a lot that night... *waves to [SO]Defender*

There are people in this community who ENJOY helping others... and there are a$$h0les, just like in every 'sport'.

My slotcar racing that I do for example... Some people race for fun, some competitively, some turn up every week, some only sometimes, some are Ultra competivive and secretive, and few of them spent HOURS helping me build cars, learn about getting fast lap times... this is no different from UT2k4 in many respects.

The relationship between if someone is a clan member or not and the relationship between if someone is an a$$h0le or not are NOT related... One does not imply the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X