X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg a 3d fps shooter in 96 kb | and it looks freaking amazing

hello,

i just stumbled on a website : http://www.theprodukkt.com

These people have managed to create a fps game in 96 kb.
    i was like yeah right, let me see this piece of ****.
    once i started the game i was like wtf. it's looks so amazing with different kinds of big rooms, places to wander, enemy's to shoot at music and that in one holy moly 96 kb.

these are not just plain silly graphics, it has bitmap bumping, all kinds of light effects cool weapons, you name it it's in here.

it's still has bugs but he 96 kb for this kind of work

check here the beautifull ingame shots :

then i was thinking, if they can do it in 96 kb why would we need 6 discs for 1 game ? 5.5 gig

omg

you can even download the editor to make your own creations with it.

also they have amazing demos in just 64 kb

if you did not see it yet, then you are have to see if for yourself.

you need a strong computer for it and a good graphics card but he if you can play ut2004 then this is go.

enjoy

greets,

lisa

The reason is because many, many times more hours were spent on OPTIMISING and COMPRESSING it than were spent on actually creating the system on which it runs.

If that happened with a commercial game of the quality we see today, it would not be released in good time.

PS: Check your memory usage when running the game, it peaked at 300Mb for me. Cunning use of mathematics to generate textures.

Still cool.

Comment

I saw this ages ago, but it still amazes me how they have done it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ejg
          uhm i just wanted to post this because i thought it was interesting for other people to see.

arrogant remark

lisa

Comment

Ahh sarcasm, what a wonderful thing it is

I wouldn't take it too personally Lisa

Comment

**** thats cool. how the hell do they have such a small file that loads aver 300MB in to ram to make such cool looking game?

Comment

hey Foo

Comment

You're a **** liar - it was 97kb :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Foo
                    The reason is because many, many times more hours were spent on OPTIMISING and COMPRESSING it than were spent on actually creating the system on which it runs.

If that happened with a commercial game of the quality we see today, it would not be released in good time.

PS: Check your memory usage when running the game, it peaked at 300Mb for me. Cunning use of mathematics to generate textures.

Still cool.

oke but 96 kb you know how freaking small this is ?
                    you make it sound it so easy

whatever it uses or what it does it's something to think about.
                    if they would have like 100 mb for creating a game, what kind of things could happen then if you see what they already can do in 96 kb

Comment

Re: omg a 3d fps shooter in 96 kb | and it looks freaking amazing

Originally posted by lisa_ut
                      you need a strong computer for it and a good graphics card but he if you can play ut2004 then this is go.
                      There ya go! More CPU usage is probably needed to compensate for the compression. For you to use compressed technology it must be uncompressed right?

Comment

Maybe they can compress UT so it doesn't take up so much friggin' room

Comment

then be willing to upgrade your entire system.

Comment

Re: Re: omg a 3d fps shooter in 96 kb | and it looks freaking amazing

Originally posted by eJesus
                            There ya go! More CPU usage is probably needed to compensate for the compression. For you to use compressed technology it must be uncompressed right?
                            oke for all those smarty fruit cakes who post non related posts

i did not make it. i just posted it to let other people see what could be done in 96 kb.

what does it matter what it uses or what it does. it's programmed in 96 kb and it does everything realtime.

just be amazed instead of going to talk in mombo jumbo.

enjoy it.

lisa

Comment

Originally posted by lisa_ut
                              if they would have like 100 mb for creating a game, what kind of things could happen then if you see what they already can do in 96 kb
                              That's amazingly naïve. Not in a bad way though.
                              But realise they do have 100MB to create a game. Putting it all in a 96kb file is the challenge of it all. If they did have 100mb to make it, the result would be the same, except it wouldn't take years to develop.

Comment

Working...
                              X