to those that want to complain about 2k4 especially ONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Main

I play for one of the best ONS squads out there (best ONS squad lol), but I'll be the first person to tell you that Public ONS games are unbelievably queer.

The game also has a number of elements that are queer in any game of ONS, ie. Superweapons (thank god a few leagues turned them off) and the Manta.
    You play in the best ONS squad, and you think Mantas are queer... Does not compute. What squad is that again?

9fel

Comment

Originally posted by PaintMonster
      everytime i have seen someone post this it's not only valid but the person that is bishing says '... i can't stop this from happening...'. then go find a group of players that will play with you and you can work as a team. most of the times you can't win is because your team can't work as a team. everyone for themself. so when another team steam rolls you it's mainly because they earned it. you don't like pubs, then leave. i happen to like both clan matches and pubs

if you are bishing about the deemer. you can leave. i take them down with the alt fire of a link gun like i was shooting a avril at a manta. it's easy and fun and i love to hear them whine that their shot was a waste.
      I play for TheBrothel, #3 PG (**** you t5k), #1 GGL, etc. We don't really play Onslaught outside of matches, or at least, I personally don't, but we've never had much of an issue steamrolling other teams. Our team strategies are excellent, and ONS leaves alot of room for that. All in all, with the right mutators its an excellent team tactical modification, and our old-school UT assault skills have allowed us to excel at it. I've played with the same core group of guys for years, and I would dare say that you wouldn't hold a candle to any one of them.

I was complaining about three things:

#1: Public ONS. Horrible. The teams are always distorted, and always end up with either my team steamrolling to victory in three minutes, or me alone holding the other team at my primary node until we lose in overtime. Either way, its never any fun at all unless I'm playing with my close friends, and even there its just for kicks and to relax a bit.

#2: Superweapons, especially the deemer. It does NOT mix with the manta or the raptor. On torlan, its not so much a problem because you can keep tabs on it from anywhere on the map.... but in ArcticStronghold, Severance, and other maps that feature it, it means nothing but the instant death of a node everytime. Its annoying to have to keep tabs on it, its annoying to have it end a comeback (and trust me, I've shot down deemers 3 feet in front of the core before... sometimes, if the person rides in on a manta and hits it just right, there's NO stopping it)... its just annoying.

#3: Manta Kills. By itself, a manta doesnt mean much (although since they apparently nerfed avril locking, they're a bit tougher)... however, they're so fast and silent that they're beyond annoying when your attention is diverted elsewhere.

Its not like I don't do the same... I've probably made 5 manta kills myself for every time I've died at the hands (or blades) of one. However, that doesn't mean I still don't hate it.

Its an indispensable tool for personell transporting, and if they fixed the sound so that you could actually hear it coming before you were dead, it might not be such a problem. But it is, on publics at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Main
        I play for TheBrothel, #3 PG (**** you t5k), #1 GGL, etc. We don't really play Onslaught outside of matches, or at least, I personally don't, but we've never had much of an issue steamrolling other teams. I've played with the same core group of guys for years, and I would dare say that you wouldn't hold a candle to any one of them.
        Considering that 9inchesofafro is working hard to build a solid ONS community, your post is an antithesis to that end and is a rhetorical disaster.

9fel

Comment

The problem the original poster has... is that he is playing ONS.

Hell I play it, I have competed in it... but I am not going to deny that there are many things very, very wrong with it.

The game type is a good idea... it's execution can be **** poor at times. From disjointed maps (that blow in some cases), to craptacular vehicle balance.

There is no point in *****ing about how unballanced the gametype is... because we all know it's totaly unbalanced and wrecked.

Hell lets take a walk back to the demo.

Blue team is faster to the center node, and their first node, and the deemer. But wait it's get better.... once pushed back to your core you have no tanks and they have both. But wait it's still not totaly borked, so we make the manta silent:bulb:

We have known since the demo that the gametype had massive problems, so whats the big suprise here.

I totaly agree with main here on the issues.

Comment

Hey dude, this is all my personal opinion, and is only in regards to Public onslaught, and a few flaws with the game in general; not Onslaught as a whole.

I'm sure anyone could see that the community is really coming together. There are a whole slew NA teams that are good, even matches for each other that are currently active: us, SCK, t5k, Kº, MuT, DM, FiTH, (9), et. al.

And there are quite a few second-tier clans that are improving every day, and i wouldn't be surprised to see them give all of us a run for our money very soon.

However, I don't feel the game works with superweapons at all, I don't feel that public onslaught games are fun because of teams, and I personally don't like the silence of manta kills.

I'm saying all of this a little more spitefully than I would usually in order to get at the guy who made this post, because I get tired of people who dismiss all complaints as whining because some complaints are definitely valid. I'm sorry if you disagree, but I hardly feel any of my posts were a "Rhetorical disaster".

Comment

Comment

If you play on the "best" ons squad, a man on ground should be able to own any manta.

The "best" should not miss with any weapon!

Personally I think you exaggerate about your "best" squad, but thats just me!

Comment

No, The Brothel is an incredibly good clan. I will even support his claim that they are one of the best. However, the "rhetorical disaster" I was talking about is claiming that I (or whomever you were addressing) couldn't hold a candle to any of the members.

This may be true, it may not be. Doesn't really matter. But impolite would be a modest description of that comment.
                  Incredibly stupid would be a better description, since the members of your clan are great guys and they are working hard to build a solid ONS community. By invoking them in your insult, you are putting all of them and the reputation of your clan behind your words. If anyone unfamiliar with The Brothel associates your clan with your boasting and insults, I would find it incredibly disappointing. Naked, Fro, et.al are a friendly bunch and really fun to play.

But it's really none of my business, really. You may conduct yourself however you please.

9fel

Comment

Comment

There needs to be a picture for "Complaining about complaining" like the bunny with a pancake on its head.

Comment

Re: to those that want to complain about 2k4 especially ONS

Originally posted by PaintMonster
                        don't.

if you need to complain that you can't handle playing against better players, go tell someone that cares.

it is really getting old to see the hourly post of "... the map suxxor because i can't win on it...", "this weapon(s)/vehicle(s) should be removed/changed because i can't use/kill/defend it...", "...pubs suck because (fill in lame reason) and i don't know how to leave...", and my favorite "...people that know every map and how to play them should be banned because noone can play against them..."

i am not some 1337 super player. i play to have fun and win whenever i can. sometimes i get my butt kicked by people, other times i pwn the server. sometimes i get so pwned that i get upset and have to leave the game. but that's part of playing it. so STOP WHINING AND JUST PLAY THE GAME!!

The clown says: Boo-hoo, someone needs a diaper change.

Comment

Originally posted by (9)Felon
                          No, The Brothel is an incredibly good clan. I will even support his claim that they are one of the best. However, the "rhetorical disaster" I was talking about is claiming that I (or whomever you were addressing) couldn't hold a candle to any of the members.

This may be true, it may not be. Doesn't really matter. But impolite would be a modest description of that comment.
                          Incredibly stupid would be a better description, since the members of your clan are great guys and they are working hard to build a solid ONS community. By invoking them in your insult, you are putting all of them and the reputation of your clan behind your words. If anyone unfamiliar with The Brothel associates your clan with your boasting and insults, I would find it incredibly disappointing. Naked, Fro, et.al are a friendly bunch and really fun to play.

But it's really none of my business, really. You may conduct yourself however you please.

9fel
                          First of all, I wasn't talking to you, I was only addressing the person I quoted, who is the original poster of this thread. (I am very aware of notorious 9, and it would obviously be wrong of me to say something like that to you. By the way, is this Toe I've seen on your roster the infamous Stinky_Toe? That's the only other toe I've known, an old friend of mine).

My post was directed squarely at proving that his apparent assertion that all people whining are just people who can't cut it was wrong, and in this case my only basis for proving him wrong was my own ability.

If you look through a few of my previous posts, I've never used TB's ablity in arguments similar to this (I always use SCK or T5k, two other awesome teams), specifically to keep myself out of the argument. I didn't see another option in this case.

Secondly, this is INA. I come to INA with an vastly different attitude than I do to any other forums in existance. I am sorry that this had to be my first impression with you, because this is me with my jackass meter at 10, but I think you'd find that in matches, scrims, IRC and on other forums I can be just as constructive and delightful as anyone else in the community.

I really and honestly only come here for one reason, and that's to troll threads specifically of this nature, for two reasons:

#1.) It helps me blow of some steam. I have a very mentally taxing job IRL, and I just come here to goof off for a bit and point out comments that I think are vastly misinformed.
                          #2.) I like to keep opinions like this in check, because I'm more than convinced it was uneducated, inexperienced whining that caused 2k3 as a whole, and now Assault, to be horrible.

I didn't mean to be rude (well, maybe a little bit), but please, don't think any part of this reflects on my typical demeanor, and ESPECIALLY don't think any less of my mates because of this. That would be an unmistakable injustice to them.

[/drama]

Comment

if people are *****ing about balance issues (as half of the initial post seems to indicate) then as long as they have decent arguments there isnt really a problem

Comment

as, uh, someone said...
                              There's to much complaining about all the complaining so don't complain unless you have a real complaint.

Comment

i guess all i have to say to main is don't play pubs and Saito go build your 'perfect' map. but what i hate is to hear whaaaaas they they were pwned. i happen to like the pubs alot. i like having a team that works together. i like having one that does not. I learn from the battles i loose.

some lessons are, the team didn't work together. some lessons are if you worry so much about one weapon, control it. or be like me and not care.

so someone comes in with a deemer manta. shoot the **** manta down before they can deemer. if they bail because you have kept them at bay then shoot the deemer (they had to shoot from a distance because you did such a great job defending). i mean you know where the deemer is being used.

so some maps blue can get to point x faster. but red can do other things that blue can't like snipe point y. if you want your maps to fold over in perfect reflections, go build your boring boring boring maps. if you need them to be that way for matches i say HF. in pubs the 'non-perfect' maps make the game fun. the rounds don't become a machine or tool. it mixes the game up. maybe one side has to work harder. if that side the wins it becomes alot more rewarding.

my point in the end is i have yet to see a vaild point to the whining. if you don't like it, there are plenty of places that will setup the game how you like it. it might not be in pubs and you might have to be nice and actually play well to be able to hang out there. please go.

me? i'll stick to pubs and enjoy the heck out of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X