No announcement yet.

something really stupid about ONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was made in response to Main's post at the top of page three. It was a throwaway comment, a parthian shot, a point of interest. It's not meant to be taken personally, for goodness' sake.

Is it because you wanted people to agree with you that spider mines were cheap?
    I said nothing like that: I said I did not find them enjoyable! Please back off.

Is it because you wanted people to agree with you that spider mines were cheap?
    As you may have noticed, I have at no point disagreed with anything you have said.

Comment

What's PPH? :noob:

Comment

Points per hour ... onslaught's version of frags per hour ... I think

Comment

Originally posted by Varsity
          It was made in response to Main's post at the top of page three. It was a throwaway comment, a parthian shot, a point of interest. It's not meant to be taken personally, for goodness' sake.
          I said nothing like that: I said I did not find them enjoyable! Please back off.
          As you may have noticed, I have at no point disagreed with anything you have said.
          Alright alright. I wasn't ever really trying to be a jerk, I just noticed something that is a pet peeve on these forums. People seem so willing to make claims with very forceful language and believe that they are 100% right and everyone else is 100% wrong (I'm not talking about you Varsity, I'm mostly talking about all of the people that start threads here to scapegoat much like Iapetus22) and are unwilling to take the intelligent responses by the community seriously. I'm just frustrated because I'm starting to think that the same immature players who condescend others by calling them n00b and uninformed and cheaters are the ones who seem to have virtually unpenetrable perspectives about this game that are misinformed, yet they lack the rational capacity to read and try to understand what other people tell them. I am very open to persuasion. If someone makes good arguments, I listen to what they have to say and I think seriously about those arguments *before* I choose to either dismiss it or engage it.

Sooo, I apologize if you have gotten frustrated with my abrasive nature, I thought I saw some of that attitude in your posts, which as you have explained, didn't exist. I saw "Jesus Yes, you are so right, Spider mines are little aimbots and totally destroy any fun gameplay" and then when someone disagreed with that claim I saw "I don't care about anything you just said. I exclaimed they were boring, and I don't play games to be bored." It just seemed to me that that response to my post about accurate ways to destroy spidermines was out of line and kind of rude. It seemed to exemplify this attitude that I see so much in UT which is, "Who gives two sh*ts what you just said. I am here on a forum which exists for communication and I still refuse to rationally communicate. I'm just here to voice my opinion." And since I don't usually take that attitude very lightly on these forums, I engaged you.

Comment

Point of the game. Make me win, make you lose. I dont care how they win or how i win,, all the matters is who wins and if its fun to play. ONS is great if you ask me.

See there is one thing i have learned in my years of gaming and thats anyone that does the same thing over and over is simply easy prey. If you know what they will do, you can figure out a way to compensate for it, ro beat them to the punch cause predictable = lose. Sounds to me like your just getting beat and blaming it on map design. I would suggest elevating your game to another level of thought and strat. Dont take that the wrong way, im trying to help.

Personaly i think the maps are pretty decent. On most of them they will allow you a final stand point, meaning, the last node is a lil easier to defend and close to spawn points so you can fight a momentum swing. It makes for long games sometimes, but its that fight back and winning after being knocked all the way to your own node, that makes ONS worth playing, its the cherry ont he sundae.

My 2 cents anyway.

Comment

It's as much a problem with my ambiguity and inability to express clearly what I'm thinking. I keep telling myself to work on it but never manage to. :/

Comment

Working...
              X