something really stupid about ONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something really stupid about ONS

When lame asses get tanks in maps like primeevil and get waaaaay too many kills, it's just pathetic. Almost exploit style. It gets really borign trying to fight these people who have a distict pattern down down for ONS maps.

They obviously know what to do right away from the beginning of the map, TOTALLY ruining for anyone else who is not that "lame l337" to be able to do such ****.

I continually see the same players doing the SAME THING on every ONS map they are familiar with. (which is pretty much all ONS maps by now)

It's just plain annoying and sends my drive to play into the ground. I can't stand playing with people that do it. sure your going to find it in pub matches all the time but I personally find it to be a flaw in the map design. Like in arctic stronghold, or primeevil, or torlan (when the defending team is pused back to thier base, or dria. HELL almost all ONS maps are like this.

Let's not forget the manta whores............that should be a whole nother thread together.

To get right down to it i am getting sick of this ****. It makes for boring gameplay just to take out the one camping ***** just to have him respawn instantly and wait for his ***** device.

BORING

dont cry if you keep getting killed by a tank or a manta
    mommy will hold you

dude, use tactics, you can dodge a manta or use shock / balls / combo to push them back.

a tank is easy prey in artic stronghold, just go on higher ground and pound it with whatever you got

I prefer rockets or flack ball

and if you still hate it so much
    dont play ONS if you cant keep up

you know what you should try?
    chaosUT2 evolution, now that's my idea of fun

Comment

obviously you have no idea what i am talking about

Comment

Re: something really stupid about ONS

Originally posted by Iapetus22
        When lame asses get tanks ...

They obviously know what to do right away from the beginning of the map...
        Look at the two lines I quoted.
        Do you notice something wrong about it...???

Comment

Re: Re: something really stupid about ONS

Originally posted by fuegerstef
          Look at the two lines I quoted.
          Do you notice something wrong about it...???
          ooh, ooh! I do!!

Comment

yeah........duh, can you say map flaw? (or maybe something similar) otherwise people woulnd't be getting wicked sicks with that type of ****.

You guys all think it's natural to be able to do that kind of thing and think "hell yeah i'm kicking as thier team sucks" and not expect the opposite team to be able to retaliate. As in it's "ok" to totally camp out the opposite team giving them no chance what-so-ever to even attempt a comeback in any fasion. How boring for the opposing team........=SNOREVILLE

after that point more than half the opposing team almost literally gives up and waits for the next round where they "might" be on the winning team.....

Comment

It's not lame, if it is in the game.

Comment

ok ok, i'll confess, i've done this a few times. where the enemy has like a 1 in 50 chance of being able to hit me while i play kill all the suckers with the tank. personally i found it boring.

I rate it right up there with the people who use aimbots. boring to watch, boring to do, just plain boring/game ruining

Comment

There will always be someone doing something you don't like.
                  Deal with it or play another gametype.

Comment

I love it when some people buy a game and think it's great... then come here and beotch about those that play the game and kick his butt.

The tank on Primeval is wicked.... it's a small map and I play it on Cain's, 32 man and plenty of kills waiting.... but you'd best know how to use it.... back off and take care of it. And your team better know how to heal it... or you will lose it and the match....

You see, it's not so much about the tank driver's kill total... it's about the team winning the match.... and if the tank driver doesn't have his head up his **** you will win the match...!

That help any with your issue? 'cuz you ain't gettin' no hugs from me.

Comment

I can't count the times I've had to face a tank with my weapons in hand.

Oh... wait.. that's a challenge and keeps things fun...

Sorry... I forgot you wanted to whine.

If you know someone is going to do that... learn to defend against it. If the tank is in your base cause that's where you are pushed back to, grab some weapons and hammer away. They kill you. Wah. You are going to respawn IN THE SAME PLACE. Keep beating the tank and one of two things will happen. THe "idiot" driver will get out and try to heal it (super secret hint: If they do this.. you can jump in and perform whats called a 'carjack') or it'll blow up.

Oh... did I forget to mention more times than not the base has a vehicle or two. I know mantas are a weeeeee bit faster than your average Goliath can turn to aim...

Sorry... I'll let you get back to your whine.... Can I offer you some cheese?

Comment

Another person that TOTALLY missed the point of this thread.

I'm going to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Iapetus22
                          Another person that TOTALLY missed the point of this thread.

I'm going to bed.

What was the point of this thread?
                          To ***** about the tank?

Comment

Obviously the point of this thread is on top of his head.

Comment

*snore*

Comment

Working...
                              X