Most n00bish moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most n00bish moment

Okay in response to the Best Moments thread...
    What was your most n00bish moment!

Mine was about 10 minutes ago when I finally realized you can actually switch positions in a vehicle...

/me slaps my forehead.

How many times have I wondered why people tore-a$$ off in a hellbender by themselves...

... Not to mention how many times I've LEFT hellbenders thinking I couldn't man the guns myself...

...And HOW many time have I hopped out and in of a Goliath to switch weapons...

I've only had the game since May but ****, LOL.

Me feels berry n00bish for that one!!!

(DON'T yell RTFM at me either cuz' it doesn't tell you in there! )

hmm, did you kno that there is a camera in the translocator also? throw it and then press some button, dont remeember which one offhand.....but its usefull if you are defending you can put it outside the flag/balll room and keep watching when enemies go by...

Comment

Originally posted by GinGT
      hmm, did you kno that there is a camera in the translocator also? throw it and then press some button, dont remeember which one offhand.....but its usefull if you are defending you can put it outside the flag/balll room and keep watching when enemies go by...
      Press Q.

Comment

One of the several times where I didnt know I had the flag and ran back to the opponents base like a freak.

Comment

Jumping around with the flag trying to take the enemie's flag thinking; "Who the *uck has the flag!?"

Comment

Originally posted by SealClubber
            One of the several times where I didnt know I had the flag and ran back to the opponents base like a freak.
            or off the side of a cliff

Comment

Originally posted by swirlymonkey
              or off the side of a cliff
              or was so utterly convinced you had the enemy flag, made the most amazing flag run back to your base only to find that you never picked it up in the first place :bulb:

Comment

LOL (I've done that one as well...)

Gin and Dart, I know ALL about the tranny
                (Q is my SR, Shift is my tranny... it's so much quicker with the pinker man! Try that out if yer a WASD person and dont use shift for anything else important)
                You both need to spout yer n00bishness. Didn't ya read the thread title!

/me kicks Gin and Dart in the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Deacon
                  or was so utterly convinced you had the enemy flag, made the most amazing flag run back to your base only to find that you never picked it up in the first place :bulb:
                  :haha: classic :up:

As you can see from my title,im still a noob.
                  And one recent stupidity just made me realize even more that its not just some self ironic joke.
                  In a practice clan match against another clan,playing CTF-Grendelkeep normal weapons,5 vs. 5 the other team got a good and firm grip of the match from start.
                  Was playing midfield and supposed to backup attackers,so i translocated fast to be in position right outside enemy base and ready for backing up when i heard the CTF team leader say over teamspeak "Fitsp1re,what are you doing back at our base?".

First thing i thought was;Hell no!You got it all wrong!So i half screamed over teamspeak "No im no....!" then i looked around and realized that i indeed in the confussion and stress had brought my stupid *** back to our base instead of the enemies.

Felt like i had a glowing text on my forehead reading "MORON!". :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Tobbe

Felt like i had a glowing text on my forehead reading "MORON!". :cry:
                    i have had smiliar feelings, only my test reads more obscenities.....

Comment

not knowing the blast raidus and promtly dumb fireing the redeemer only to frag myself....

Comment

well, you know how you can make the rockets fire in a tight spiral? well the entire time i played UT2k3 (which was almost since it was released till 2k4 came out) i thought it was completely random as to whether it went into a spiral or spread out in a line. i didn't find out till i read one of those tips in 2k4 that told me how to do it....man i felt so stupid...

or was so utterly convinced you had the enemy flag, made the most amazing flag run back to your base only to find that you never picked it up in the first place
                        sadly that's happened to me at least once (i'm sure it's happened more though)

Comment

realizing that despite the fact that i have a learner's liscence, i can't drive the 'bender' worth ****.

:haha:

:sour:

Comment

Another one I remember doing, on a DM pub on Deck-17, teleporting to the redeemer, picking it up, noticing 3 or so people duking it out on the main bridge, trying to be clever and instantly firing the deemer through the window gap but terribly mis-judging it so it hits the edge of the floor in front of me.............

...see pic above :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by The_Deacon
                              Yep thats the one that gets me :down:
                              Heck people chase you down to make it even more convincing!
                              Must remember to check flashing large text when making flag run

Can't think of anything else atm...

Comment

Working...
                              X