Not DDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnitall33
    DDOM is nothing like DOM. If it's double there should be 6 points...

:haha:

that's sig worthy:up:

Comment

Yeah, they've been pretty quiet up there for the last week or so... meanwhile I'm getting more and more stoked for it. Hope it doesn't turn into one of those things that falls apart...

/me crosses fingers and toes

Comment

Yes DDOM.

Comment

I would at least like an option for Classic DOM. DDOM is okay...

I guess I like Classic DOM because every little effort counts. The furious fights centered around the DOM points actually do something -- gain points for the team -- instead of just flipping back and forth -- "Blue Team Dominating!" "Averted!" "Blue Team Dominating!" "Averted!" "Red Team Dominating!" "Last Second Save!" -- over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnitall33
            i liked the UT99 3-way King of the hill version MUCH better...
            DDOM is nothing like DOM. If it's double there should be 6 points...
            You're right, they're nothing alike.
            If DOM was added to UT2k4 you'd just have another gametype screaming for attention. Not a good idea if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
              You're right, they're nothing alike.
              If DOM was added to UT2k4 you'd just have another gametype screaming for attention. Not a good idea if you ask me.
              Meh. Even if it doesn't go over any better online than it did first time around, I'd still be quite happy to play it offline.

Anyway, I managed to pry a teensy update out of Yournan (busy guy, it seems) here:
              http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...0&pagenumber=6

Comment

I want my domination back! Without the double! Double domination with 2 points is asking for a long game with 0 - 0 points. It is too hard to score on a well balanced game.

Original domination, on the other hand, couldn't have a stalemate.

Comment

double dom is damnwell good enough imo
                  the new maps for 2k4 are just sooooo ghey, i could kill myself
                  imo they killed the gametype

Comment

Originally posted by thekaLi
                    double dom is damnwell good enough imo
                    It is good enough...ehh, it can be...but you gotta find 2 really balanced teams...

i've only experienced that in LAN's w/ 9 or so of my friends that play 2k4. DDOM is still missing that unique 99 feel though...can't exactly put my finger on it. I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about. *sigh* memories

Comment

Originally posted by thekaLi
                      All but Aswan....Aswan rocks.

Originally posted by chrio500
                      so what are the chances of bring back Domination the way it should be played (99) ? back to 2k4 I mean.

http://www.provinggrounds.com/forums...w&fsection=288

Comment

ummm...I wish they had a drool smiley thanks a bunch annie

Comment

Originally posted by A2597
                          we can't pinpoint it...yet. the site is almost done though, alot of maps, alot of work...

just look up "DDom pack", theres info on the forums, specifically beta releases. (No release though). It's now called "The Domination Map Pack" since it has both classic and double dom maps.
                          Sweet...

I almost thought you guys had forgotten about that. Good to hear! :up:

Comment

I wonder if Younan2000 is working w/ Warlok on CDOM? (this is addressed to anyone who has fisited the provinggrounds link above.) Younan keeps talking about CDOM in the beta releases...

I hope like hell they aren't working on 2 different mods that would be a big waste of time when they could have been working together:bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by chrio500
                              I wonder if Younan2000 is working w/ Warlok on CDOM? (this is addressed to anyone who has fisited the provinggrounds link above.) Younan keeps talking about CDOM in the beta releases...

I hope like hell they aren't working on 2 different mods that would be a big waste of time when they could have been working together:bulb:
                              There was a classic dom mutator released for UT2k3 that was in MSUC as a Finalist I think. I believe they were looking into updating it to work with 2k4 (I think there's screenies of it in 2k4) and including that in the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicnut
                                I like the idea of bot DOM and DDOM but I would like the hot spots changed so that you had to stand on the pad for a second to trigger it. In the single player I got really annoyed by the last minute saves got by doing suicide runs!
                                Theres me hosing an opponent down with minigun and he gets a slight touch before he dies "last minute save!", more annoying than fun. If you had to hold it for a second you'll need to do more than run at the spot!
                                if you were leet and shot him with the LG then he wouldn't have made it now would he? gg minigun whoring.

Comment

Working...
                                X