Not DDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not DDOM

so what are the chances of bring back Domination the way it should be played (99) ? back to 2k4 I mean.

DDOM without the.. Double? Could you imagine how insane that would be to have a server of say.. 32 people divided into two all going after one point? Did this mode actually exist in the original UT? *checks*

Edit: Ohh I see. It's not one point. It's fun tho! Domination with only one point for both teams to go after is just asking for low fps. I'd like to test that theory however

Comment

I like the idea of bot DOM and DDOM but I would like the hot spots changed so that you had to stand on the pad for a second to trigger it. In the single player I got really annoyed by the last minute saves got by doing suicide runs!
      Theres me hosing an opponent down with minigun and he gets a slight touch before he dies "last minute save!", more annoying than fun. If you had to hold it for a second you'll need to do more than run at the spot!

Comment

Ohh I see. It's not one point. It's fun tho! Domination with only one point for both teams to go after is just asking for low fps. I'd like to test that theory however [/B]

hahah...just a tad

Comment

I too miss the original DOM... I was da ownzor in that gametype. It was so fast and chaotic but still had some semblance of strategy to it. DDOM is nothing but shock whores sitting on the capture nodes spamming combo's and flak all day. bleh...

There was a mutator for UT2003 that would spawn 3 random DOM points in any DM map I believe...
          I'd at least like to see something like that and would probably play it WAY more than DDOM...

Oh and in response to the 1 DOM point idea above... there were quite a few "King of the Hill" type mutators/mods like that for UT and UT2003.. none for 2k4 that I've found yet though...

Comment

ahem...August....2004.

it's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by A2597
              ahem...August....2004.

it's coming.

!!!!!!If you could pinpoint the exact second in august it will be released, it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

or just the expected day would be ok too

Comment

ahem...August....2004.

it's coming.
                schweet:up: :up:

Comment

UT2k3 has a DDOM server that just upgraded to map vote and some good new maps.

FRAGISM

This server has a good following so stop by

Comment

ahem...August....2004.

it's coming.
                    How you know?

Comment

we can't pinpoint it...yet. the site is almost done though, alot of maps, alot of work...

just look up "DDom pack", theres info on the forums, specifically beta releases. (No release though). It's now called "The Domination Map Pack" since it has both classic and double dom maps.

Comment

ok...i'm just a little too excited

Comment

Ditto( no not the pokemon)

I loved the 99 Dom, DDom is really annoying, those last second saves really pi$$ me off

Comment

Bump.....

does anyone know the status of this Mod. They ppl working on it said it would be completed sometime in august... but i havn't seen or heard any news since.

I know about the thread in the beta release section... but there isn't any hard facts to be found...just that it's "under construction"

Comment

i liked the UT99 3-way King of the hill version MUCH better...
                              DDOM is nothing like DOM. If it's double there should be 6 points...

Comment

Working...
                              X