No announcement yet.

The Translocator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave it as is... telefragging is part of Bombing run and CTF. If you keep getting telefragged, learn to move better.
    However, I do agree that leaving the TL in the flagbase is lame. Perhaps make the disc 'decay', as in after its been on the floor 3-5 seconds it disappears, so you dont get flagbase TL camping?

Comment

If you keep getting telefragged, learn to move better.
      /sigh

this has already been discussed, read boksha's replies, the increased speed and flatter arc of the new trans combined with instant xloc ability makes it impossible to dodge at close quarters.
      its got NOTHING to do with being **** at dodging/moving.

Comment

Still odd that I've never had problems avoiding it. But then again, I must have only been playing n00bs

Comment

I agree with wolf. In the servers I play on, I never see ppl abusing the TL. It is used in gameplay as a weapon but most ppl do not use it that way. Maybe my problem is that the servers I play usually have mature players on them, so I rarely ever see abuse of any kind. I said it earlier, I believe is the entire issue here is that there are ppl who abuse the TL. No matter if it is changed or even taken out of the game, someone wil find a way to gain advantage in a less than fair manner.

Comment

rofl at this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver3
              the tranny doesnt 'decay', if you fire a blob of GES it will self explode after a couple of seconds, the tranny you can leave forever.
              :bulb: who is going to WALK onto a translocator?

In UT2004 the TL will be exactly like it is now except it will have an extra charge and recharge faster, so TL whores wont be able to abuse it but it wont be nerfed... and that sounds fine to me.

Comment

make the trans unlimited if anything.

Comment

who is going to WALK onto a translocator?
                  someone who doesnt see it because its been hidden inside a mesh thats not solid (flagbase is prime example)

weapons bases/Powerup bases iirc are also non solid and can be similarly 'abused'

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver3
                    someone who doesnt see it because its been hidden inside a mesh thats not solid (flagbase is prime example)

weapons bases/Powerup bases iirc are also non solid and can be similarly 'abused'
                    he didnt read the first post obviously lol

Comment

Option 1 and let's stop wanting to change these weapons. Either get used to it or go play another game.

Comment

I have never exprienced anyone seriously abusing the T/L. Some people frag me with the t/l and I say, dang I suck, I need to avoid that next time. And I do and all is better again.

As for the flag base, shoot a rocket at the base and he trys to telefrag and he dies.:haha:
                        Or you could feint taking the flag? You could trick the person that's trying to kill you into translocating onto the flag, then you frag them!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaadu
                          I have never exprienced anyone seriously abusing the T/L. Some people frag me with the t/l and I say, dang I suck, I need to avoid that next time. And I do and all is better again.

As for the flag base, shoot a rocket at the base and he trys to telefrag and he dies.:haha:
                          Or you could feint taking the flag? You could trick the person that's trying to kill you into translocating onto the flag, then you frag them!
                          ok that might work but you are missing the point here ...why should i have to announce to enemy base here i am by firing rockets at the freekin flagstand lmao people it is a bug and a bad one if the person is watching from his camera then he will know i killed his beacon point is you should NOT be able to put the trans beacon INSIDE of a solid object in the first place.!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X