The Translocator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReverendOzwould
    As far as my saying that this forum is turning into a warzone, I'm talking about the Atari UT2K3/2K4 forums as a whole.
    Yeah, it is quite a warzone.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver3
      erm you show me a league/ladder/cup/LAN tourney that uses superweapons???
      i never play in these and 90% of us don't either...not really important to this discussion...

Comment

And not all tourneys use the TL. Is this forum only about competition?
        erm you show me a normal weapons CTF league/ladder/cup/LAN tourney that DOESNT use the tranny?!?!?!?!

and no its not 'purely' about competition, its already clear from this thread that NON compeittive gamers see the same 'issues' as competitive players.

[EDIT]

actually show me a normal weapons CTF server that doesnt use the trans??!

Comment

Guyver3,do you mean to tell me that ALL tourney servers have the TL enabled? Do you have proof to back up your claim? I have played on servers where the only weapon was the IG shock rifle. Left and right mouse buttons fired the primary only. No zoom, no TL. Maybethey weren't tourneys, but I didn't know this thread only concerned tourney ppl.

I understand that many ppl do not like the TL the way it currently works. I suggest you find a server that has TL disabled. If you guys want to find someone to make a modified TL, go for it. There is nothing at all wrong with that. That's what is so great about the entire UT series. Mods galore.

Why do a lot of you ppl out there feel that Epic owes you exactly what you want? There are so many mods and mutators available and many more to come for UT, UT2K3 and UT2K4. Epic is trying to make games that please a wide variety of gamers. It may or may not be the formula many diehard UTers would like to see, but that is Epic's and Atari's decision, along with their business partners. We as a community are very fortunate that we have a forum such as this one. How many other companies do this? Take EA Games for example. I have yet to see an EA forum. Does one exist? Anyone?

I guess I should stay out your forum. If someone disagrees with you then you make them feel unwelcome. What a great bunch of gamers. And no, I don't have a thin skin. I just browse these forums from time to time to catch up on interesting developments in the world of UT. It just saddens me to see all the thoughtless and immature threads and posts. I'm talking about the entire UT2K3/4 forums. To those of you who are mature enough to work together here to accomplish something positive, I commend you.

Comment

Fhqwhgads

Comment

uyver3,do you mean to tell me that ALL tourney servers have the TL enabled? Do you have proof to back up your claim? I have played on servers where the only weapon was the IG shock rifle. Left and right mouse buttons fired the primary only
              jesus christ m8 cant you read!

i said quit clearly NORMAL WEAPONS NOT instagib

fs read before arguing with me next time

this ENTIRE thread is about NORMAL WEAPON CTF

NOT anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                Fhqwhgads
                Yeah... everybody to the limit.
                Calm down Guyver. I've made enough angry posts for TWO threads.

Comment

Guyver3, dude, chill. I didn't mean to tinkle in your wheaties. Yes, you indicated NW, but in no way did I see this thread limited to NW only. It was about the TL, AKA XLoc. You really should chill before you pop a coronary.

To all users in this thread: I still do not understand all the arguments here. While I see constructive statements about certain properties and capabilities of the TL, I see a bigger issue. It seems to me that most of you are more concerned about players abusing the TL. Some folks will find a way to abuse weapons or tools in a game to gain an advantage where they otherwise couldn't. Even if Epic were to further modify the TL to your specifications and/or suggestions, it would still be left up to the server admins as to how they employed the TL. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to get with server admins and tourney ppl and discuss whether or not the TL is to be employed at all for certain events or regular gameplay.

This is only MY opinion and suggestion. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                    1. You cannot destroy your own beacon with your weapons. The only way to destroy your own beacon is to throw it into most types of kill zones
                    2. If someone pulls the trick once, fire off a rocket or a flak shell at the flag base next time, if they left a beacon and didn't notice the rocket or shell, you'll get credit for telefragging them when they attempt to telefrag you
                    3. The trans beacon can be seen while in a flagbase, tho about 90% of the time, you'll miss it because A) all that will be visible is a fraction the flare it emits or B) lag or a 100 other issues causes the flare to not show on pubs/private servers

I've pulled that trick a few times myself, mostly out of boredom(or a cheap laugh) and you don't have to see the flag to watch it, all you need to do is be fairly close to your beacon and use the camera.
                    Ex: Player leaves a beacon in the flagbase on Face3, he hops behind the statue that is behind the flag, pops on the cam and waits

Also, it takes a lot less than 70 damage to kill a beacon, all you need it 1 rocket either hitting it dead on, or pretty close to it
                    thanks for answering my question so killing your own beacon is like friendly fire it won,t hurt it ok BUT is not the flag stand a solid object like a wall??????? you should not be able to put the beacon in there in the first place and yes using the camera is the way to do it and i can put the beacon in and you can not see any of it lol it is a bug.....

Comment

no the flag isnt solid, hence why you can run thro your own flag when its on its stand.

anyway, if you want to see TL abuse, then go back to 417 version or earlier of UT (i think it was 417 that put a stop to it).

i used to be able to go from one tower to the other without touching the ground (no boosting) with the trans, as could many others.

guyver, did you play much ctf in ut, i tohught u only played tdm!
                      changing the trans aint gonna make ut2003 ctf any better imo.

however, you run leagues. you no doubt know someone who can make a mutator. run it in your league and see how it goes :>

Comment

Originally posted by Morba
                        no the flag isnt solid, hence why you can run thro your own flag when its on its stand.

anyway, if you want to see TL abuse, then go back to 417 version or earlier of UT (i think it was 417 that put a stop to it).

i used to be able to go from one tower to the other without touching the ground (no boosting) with the trans, as could many others.

however, you run leagues. you no doubt know someone who can make a mutator. run it in your league and see how it goes :>
                        Ok now read this carefully you are saying the >>>Flagstand<<<< is not solid?????????? not the flag the flagstand the little part left on the ground after you take the flag..lol i just got through playing a map i played defence and they never got the flag one time i telefragged them on the flag each and everytime by putting the beacon inside the flagstand you do it by bouncing it into the flag stand.....this is not right ..it is a bug.....has to be

Comment

Actualy it's not a bu, it's ther so players dont get caught on the flagstand. But i gree, the flagstand should get some sort of crude cylyndrical collision model.

Comment

i played CTF solid for like the first 8 months of UT1's release, but DOA as a clan were'nt progrssing as much as we were in TDM at the time and made a group descission to concentrate on tdm instead.
                            [DOA]Raz0r played CTF for sRz when i had to leave online life for a while, and he is of the same opinion as me.

removing the telefrag, and giving back unlimited charges is NOT going to make ctf any different at all, in fact the unlimited charges might actually pull some ppl back to ctf. You'll miss the telefrag as a tool for all of 10 minutes before gettign back to just using the xloc as normal.

Comment

Option 1

Of course ...

The physical aspect of translocating is kept by keeping it as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
                                Ok now read this carefully you are saying the >>>Flagstand<<<< is not solid??????????
                                if you read what i said, you can see i said flag. but im sure you know that already.

Comment

Working...
                                X