The Translocator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DKoneII
    anyone who cries about nerfing the TL thats who.
    and how is it your job to say that their opinion sucks? you sir, are the noob, you MIGHT know more, but your attitude is completely noobish

Comment

Originally posted by yewnuhtee
      and how is it your job to say that their opinion sucks? you sir, are the noob, you MIGHT know more, but your attitude is completely noobish
      you said it yourself. its my opinion. not my fault you ladies get deeply hurt from what i say. get a life its only internet message boards.

rofl @ the noobs

Comment

Comment

i Do not believe it should be nerfed but i do believe there should be places it should not be allowed to go like inside a flag stand..that is lameness to the max ....

Comment

There is an answer to that : MutNoTelefrag, try to convince the admins to make them use it in the CTF leagues (clanbase ,wireplay, etc...) ...

Comment

MutNoTelefrag
              /me slaps Lord Hades with a sharp piece of melon

Comment

Couldn't agree more!

:up:

Originally posted by Malo Hombre
                How about an Option #4?

Take the **** thing out of the game entirely.

Once they have land & air vehicles, there will be no need for such tripe.

I don't play the team games because of the Translocator. It reduces play to a single skill—and I want combat, not sissy teleportation and telefragging. It's as bad as that sissy Tribes 2 with its lame skiing.

Comment

option 1. why? becuase if you can actually successful telefrag multiple people with intent to, then you have some serious skill, and should be givin a ****ing medal. I find it very difficult to telefrag people, its just not somthing you can do too easily, unless your skilled. I dont mind the translocator. It gets you around nice and quickly in CTF or BR. it dont do **** once you have the flag tho, so you better be fast on foot. What I hate is the dodge-jumping. Its kinda rediculous watching people leap 20 feet to the side.

Comment

It is pretty hard to take down skilled players with the TL, but when your fighting people that aren't skilled (Run in straight lines, dodge predicably) it is quite easy. This can get annoying.
                    I tried this out by joining the game under the name "player" with the default skin. I ran in straight lines and bunny hopped. Wow, I swear I got killed by the TL more than any other weapon. So I can see your point about it being too powerful.
                    Lots of people think that the TL is insanely good as a weapon but here are some tactics to stop the peskey people that use it a such.

That placing the TL in the flag holder:
                    1. Just fire stuff at it. The translocater is relativley weak and cannot withstand 70 or more damage.
                    2. Go in with more than one person. Have people guarding you and going in ahead of you to scout for that **** TL'er. The TL'er in order to effectivley camp the flag must be in view at all times of the flag. In citadel he should be relativley easy to locate. (However I have seen people hide up on the spike ball large mine thingy looking into the flag room from the spikes).

Stop yourself from getting telefragged:
                    1. Telefraggers have a tried an true method of getting their opponents and that is this. Fire the TL when far away from the enemy. Once the TL is close to the enemy translocate and rapidly fire the TL into the enemy telefragging him. (People running in lines are therefore prime targets for this). So to put them off balance dodge as soon as they fire the TL to either side of the TL'er. Think what he will be seeing when he TL's. if you dodge to the side he won't see you and you can flank him.
                    2. The shield gun method.
                    Simply equip a shield gun and run kamakazi style at the incoming TL. The TL'er does not expect this and will generally do one of these:
                    A. translocate prematurley putting him right in the path of your shield gun. BOOM They hate this and the generaly will leave you alone after this humiliating frag.
                    B. Be smart and cancel the TL. Even though he might do this the TL still could hit your shield gun. Which will automatically discharge on it, killing it. Causing him to die.

(2 is generally pretty unpredictable as it is dependent on their reflexs.)

3. Shoot it with the Lightning gun, rocket launcher, shock ball or shock combo, redeemer or whatever deals over 70 damage in a single shot.
                    With practice you will be shooting the TL and killing it easily, the TL'er will fear you.

Beware though, some people will use the TL ridiculously well and will repeatedly frag you and never switch to another weapon. This also may not work the first couple of times but practice and you will get better. This is how to deal with the majority of people that use the TL to frag others.

Oh and one pet peeve of mine:
                    I think that comparing the TL to the Insta rifle is incorrect IMO. Though both do instant kills, you do not have to be close to the player when using the Instashock to frag him. it is very dangerous to do close combat using the TL against a player with the Insta as he can frag you when you are coming.

The reason they put the ribbon on the TL is to make it more visable. It also shows its trajectory. Making the person as soon as they TL a prime target for the player who predicts.
                    BTW:
                    The TL does emit a light. And I've found out that if you are in the ribbon path of the TL you sometimes will get fragged. :bulb: Maybe I'm wrong with that but it happened a couple of times for me.
                    Hope I helped somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleFlower
                      IMHO when you make a telefrag, both players should die. That way you can still make a tactical telefrag if really needed. But good players won't be able to abuse newbies.

You could even make it so that a telefrag kills the enemy flagcarrier, but not return the flag. That way it is even more tactical to kill an EFC with a telefrag. You can do it only when there is a teammate nearby to return the flag.
                      Agreed!

Comment

ok mabye i am not being clear enuff when the trans beacon is inside the flagstand you can not see it or kill it (at least i can not kill it read my previous posts) i do understand how you can put it in a flagstand when that flagstand is a solid object just like a wall this is a bug a defect and should be fixed. If it is next to the flagstand then it is easy to see but when inside it you can not see it at all try it and see for yourself.......

Comment

OMG

I just added DKoneII to my ignore list and gained 20fps in UT2K3! Who would have thought such a thing could happen?

Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleFlower
                            IMHO when you make a telefrag, both players should die. That way you can still make a tactical telefrag if really needed. But good players won't be able to abuse newbies.

You could even make it so that a telefrag kills the enemy flagcarrier, but not return the flag. That way it is even more tactical to kill an EFC with a telefrag. You can do it only when there is a teammate nearby to return the flag.

Option 2 is not practical. Too complex and adds no real value.
                            Excellent idea !!!!!!!!

:up:

Comment

Please leave well enough alone

I voted for Option 1 because everyone should be mindful of their surroundings in a combat situation and prepare for these sorts of tricks. You can always shoot the beacon.

o/' Translocators, more than meets the eye,
                              Red team wages their battle to telefrag
                              The opposing forces of....the blue team
                              Translocators...more than meets the eye.... o/'

Comment

TL should not be a weapon.

TL in UT was fine as far as movement goes, and if they had eliminated the telefrag aspect, there would have been no problem with rapid-TLing, since it would have been pointless.

Comment

Working...
                                X