The Translocator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wreckanize
    If you get killed more than once in a map by a trans left on the flag you are a complete idiot. Leave it as it is.
    well sir i can put the beacon in the base of the flagpole where you can not even see it it does not show at all so how do you know if it is there ...try it your self it is impossible to see and if some lamer is hiding just watching the flag you have no chance all you have to do is touch it and boom you are dead better to check out stuff before spouting off about idiots.....

Comment

Like I said, if you get killed more than ONCE. The first time you go for the flag and get telefragged like that it will be annoying. But if you go in there the next time, and dont shoot at the flag, just run up and get telefragged again, you're obviously an idiot. Like that old saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Comment

Voted option 3....I don't mind the teleport functions..makes sense..but telefragging is one of the dumbest things.

Comment

Originally posted by wreckanize
          Like I said, if you get killed more than ONCE. The first time you go for the flag and get telefragged like that it will be annoying. But if you go in there the next time, and dont shoot at the flag, just run up and get telefragged again, you're obviously an idiot. Like that old saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
          ok i just went into citadel and put my beacon on my flag post you could not see it at all i then unloaded rockets minigun and bio at it zilch nothing happened it don,t move.....am i missing something ??????i should be able to kill or move my own beacon...please enlighten me ......i hate being a idiot and i hate talking to one so please show mw the error i am committing here yes annoying it is and when you have no idea if it is rigged or not well i guess you just look at the flag and wonder....

ps after unloading my ammo at it i teleported to the flag

Comment

stupidest thread ever.

people whining to nerf the TL = complete and utter noobs

Comment

Originally posted by DKoneII
              stupidest thread ever.

people whining to nerf the TL = complete and utter noobs
              no one's whining...simple question..simple answers..

Comment

no one's whining...simple question..simple answers
                what you reading?

Problem:
                the translocator as it is at the moment is the most powerful weapon in the game and totally unbalanced.

whine

regardless of health/sheild/booster the translocator can kill any enemy. that means an attacker who plays a clever game and collects vials and shields to build up to 199/150 and possibly a booster as well for good measure is basically still a sitting duck to either a lucky (common) or timed/skilled (not so common) telefrag.

whine

one of my clanmates tactics in fact on a certain ctf map is to leave his trans on the flagbase, hide out of immediate sight, as soon as the attacker goes for the flag he just telefrags him....

whine

while it certianly helps us in defence, for gameplay balance its totally UNbalanced.

whine

tranny should still have the ability to telefrag BUT should have a balancing factor, for example you can only telefrag an opponent if they have no shield and are under 100 health. (just an example)

rofl @ the noob

the translocator should NOT be a weapon, and should be purely used as its name suggests, as a transportation device. there are 8 other weapons in the game after all.

rofl @ the noob

ok for option 3 for me personally i would be quite happy for the tranny to go back to its unlimited charges. for me its the totally overpowered godlike weapon status of the tranny that caused it to be abused ( esp in UT1 ). but this of course is purely subjective to personal taste and experience.

whine and rofl @ the noob

Comment

I agree some change is needed, especially with a more powerful TL in UT2004, but I'm not sure that any of the poll options are the best solution. I myself wouldn't mind stopping telefrags altogether but this wouldn't be a consensus solution.

Some of the ideas here would result in definite improvements: require more 'accuracy' to telefrag (just make it harder, less common); add noise and visibility to the TL; maybe make the beacon easier to destroy; etc. I don't agree with a delay though.

Comment

jesus man. the TL is BY FAAAAR the hardest weapon to kill people with and you guys want to stop telefrags?

i think its just peoples ego getting dented when they do get tele fragged, so they come here and whine about nerfing it to make themselves feel better.

unreal tournament with out a TL that can tele frag would not be unreal tournament. the nerf on it in 2k3 sux *** (5 use limit and slow refresh) now you guys are crying to nerf an ALREADY nerfed TL??

wow

i really really hate when people say this but it could not be more fitting for this discussion. learn to play the game.

Comment

durrr I'm DkoneII and i think i'm really smart and have something valuable to say. people that have good arguments are losers and whiners. if they were really that l33t they would go into threads and post bull**** about how the thread sucks, like this:

1+1=2

whine

grass is green

whine and rotflmao ololol @ nubyn00b=yuo=pwnedkthxbye

DKoneII is an idiot who apparently thinks he's superior while he's just an annoying ***** that doesn't hold a bit in a discussion

whine and... hey that's actually true! gee, i just proved it by posting this completely ridiculous post!

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                        blah blah im trying to be cool but making no sense at all blah blah

rofl @ the noob

Comment

rofl @ the noob
                          Hey, look at that. Instant deja-lu! Oh, that's right. That's your reply when you have nothing sensible to say for yourself. Now GET OUT OF THIS THREAD. We had a good discussion going on here and then you come around and post some **** nobody here was waiting for. Nobody wants you here.
                          Oh, you don't really have to leave if you don't want to. I'll just add you to my ignore list so I don't have to see your crappy, badly thought out, space and bandwidth wasting posts anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                            Hey, look at that. Instant deja-lu! Oh, that's right. That's your reply when you have nothing sensible to say for yourself. Now GET OUT OF THIS THREAD. We had a good discussion going on here and then you come around and post some **** nobody here was waiting for. Nobody wants you here.
                            Oh, you don't really have to leave if you don't want to. I'll just add you to my ignore list so I don't have to see your crappy, badly thought out, space and bandwidth wasting posts anymore.
                            nononono

you dont want to hear it because you thought "gee, i suck at the TL and this game, the ******** talking about me"

so again

rofl @ the noob

kthnxbye

Comment

nononono

you dont want to hear it because you thought "gee, i suck at the TL and this game, the ******** talking about me"

so again

rofl @ the noob

kthnxbye
                              and you're the one asking about a UT classic mutator that already exists and has for the longest time.. i dont even play ut2k3 and i knew about it.. now whos the noob?

Comment

Originally posted by yewnuhtee
                                and you're the one asking about a UT classic mutator that already exists and has for the longest time.. i dont even play ut2k3 and i knew about it.. now whos the noob?
                                anyone who cries about nerfing the TL thats who.

Comment

Working...
                                X