No announcement yet.

The Translocator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have been just fine if the TL was never a device that could telefrag. But as a recovering telefragaholic, I must admit I had no compunctions about using it.

Comment

the insta shock rifle is way to overpowered, and should be toned down........

i cant believe that weve now got onto saying that the trans is overpowered.
      your just being pedantic now

for a start theres nothing else in instagib except the shock rifle. theres no health/armour/adrenaline, no weapons,ammo.

plus if you think about it, in zoom instagib where you can use the trans, its instant kill ability actually makes sense. you either get an instant kill with the insta rifle or and instant kill with the 'insta' trans.

when you play normal weapons, every weapons needs balance ( subjective yes, im fully aware that none of us will never agree on this ever)

BUT you have the situation at the moment where u have a weapon in normal weapons games that has instagib properties.

Comment

i wish the TL were never created :up:

Comment

then make it harder to gib with. simple really :>

i think its a damned good addition to the game

Comment

i didnt say it wasnt a good addition, just its implimentation wasnt thought out proplerly in the environment it was designed for.

a weapon with instagib properties doesnt belong in a normal weapons environment.

en make it harder to gib with. simple really :>
            option 2 would satisfy that viewpoint, but taking away the ability to telefrag wouldnt 'destroy' the translocators use, neither would it destroy the ctf gametype, it would just force ppl to use their weapons more usefully and get rid of cheap telefrags, and would force ppl to use the translocator for its intended purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Morba
              then make it harder to gib with. simple really :>

i think its a damned good addition to the game
              Precisely my idea. After all Guyver1, the exact same thing could be said about the biorifle. It can also gib you when you have 100 health and 150 armour, and you were quite against changing it.

ATM, the translocator IS overpowered though, mainly because throwing it makes no sound and you can translocate instantly. Effectively, the translocator makes the flak useless. (flak: doesn't kill with one shot if opponent has more than 100 health and 50 armour, refires slower, can't be used for transportation and makes more noise)
              That's why there should be a 250ms to 400ms delay between firing the trans and being able to teleport. Also, there should be an audible sound when throwing the translocator (not just a soft hiss), and an even louder sound when you translocate.

Comment

option 3 a transportation device only that way you will not be sitting flag room trying to telefragg some pore sob and also in this mode you will be carefull about using it since you are weapon less at the time ....good idea

BTW also you should be able to shoot your opponents trns beacon and kill him by doing it when he trans jumps he dies if his beacon is dead...and you get the frag or he looses a frag

PS we need a option box with all this info so we can set a server up how we want it then let the play determine how sucsess full it is......

Comment

the exact same thing could be said about the biorifle
                  erm not 'quite' accurate bokky m8

the tranny doesnt have a 'limit' whereas teh ges does. the tranny is in effect and 'genuine' instagib weapon. the GES only does 349 damage IIRC. while that is ALOT of damage, its NOT an 'true' instagib weapon. also the tranny doesnt 'decay', if you fire a blob of GES it will self explode after a couple of seconds, the tranny you can leave forever.

but thats getting past the 'issue' into symantics.

tranny = true 'instagib' weapon
                  GES = usable (finally) normal weapon that packs a massive punch.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleFlower
                    IMHO when you make a telefrag, both players should die. That way you can still make a tactical telefrag if really needed. But good players won't be able to abuse newbies.

You could even make it so that a telefrag kills the enemy flagcarrier, but not return the flag. That way it is even more tactical to kill an EFC with a telefrag. You can do it only when there is a teammate nearby to return the flag.

This sounds like a very good idea to me.

:up:

Comment

Option 4: take the **** thing out altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver3
                        erm not 'quite' accurate bokky m8

the tranny doesnt have a 'limit' whereas teh ges does. the tranny is in effect and 'genuine' instagib weapon. the GES only does 349 damage IIRC. while that is ALOT of damage, its NOT an 'true' instagib weapon. also the tranny doesnt 'decay', if you fire a blob of GES it will self explode after a couple of seconds, the tranny you can leave forever.

but thats getting past the 'issue' into symantics.

tranny = true 'instagib' weapon
                        GES = usable (finally) normal weapon that packs a massive punch.
                        Yes, the bio has a limit. But still, if you have 100 health, it doesn't make ANY difference if you pickup the 100 armour even if you pick up the 50 armour after it, and you said that the uselessness of armour was your main gripe with the trans.
                        Well, I know pretty sure that someone having more than 250 points of armour+health hardly ever happens in CTF, so in that sense, the biorifle is just as instagib as the tranny. (heck, I mean, what you're saying is just as valid as saying "but the trans does only 400 damage, so it's NOT an instagib weapon!)
                        As for the tranny being somewhere forever... you're not saying you're getting telefragged by people that actually LEAVE their trans somewhere, are you? Because if you do, you seriously have to be more careful. Anyway, an easy fix for that would be to let the dish make a constant sound like in UT1. Maybe add a nice glowy light to it.

That's effectively why I don't see the need to have the trans "unweaponed". Now, on to why I don't want it to be unweaponed: making telefrags is fun and adds some speed to the game. It's an extra weapon, and more is better, especially if more is original more. However, it SHOULD be possible for your opponent to evade it, because otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to use another weapon. And no other weapons is less, and less is less fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                          Yes, the bio has a limit. But still, if you have 100 health, it doesn't make ANY difference if you pickup the 100 armour even if you pick up the 50 armour after it, and you said that the uselessness of armour was your main gripe with the trans.
                          Well, I know pretty sure that someone having more than 250 points of armour+health hardly ever happens in CTF, so in that sense, the biorifle is just as instagib as the tranny. (heck, I mean, what you're saying is just as valid as saying "but the trans does only 400 damage, so it's NOT an instagib weapon!)
                          As for the tranny being somewhere forever... you're not saying you're getting telefragged by people that actually LEAVE their trans somewhere, are you? Because if you do, you seriously have to be more careful. Anyway, an easy fix for that would be to let the dish make a constant sound like in UT1. Maybe add a nice glowy light to it.

That's effectively why I don't see the need to have the trans "unweaponed". Now, on to why I don't want it to be unweaponed: making telefrags is fun and adds some speed to the game. It's an extra weapon, and more is better, especially if more is original more. However, it SHOULD be possible for your opponent to evade it, because otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to use another weapon. And no other weapons is less, and less is less fun.
                          more and more i am running into this exact problem peeps are leaving the trans beacon on the flagstand it is very hard to see and most of the time when you grab the flag you don,t have time to look at the groundd to do a search..it is a very cheap kill done by morons who think it is funny when actully all they are doing is ruining the game.....and the game needs no more problems than it already has. simple solution make it so you can not frag with it

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
                            simple solution make it so you can not frag with it
                            Actually, though it's simple, it's VERY radical. Also, UT1 proved that making it noisy makes it more balanced.
                            If you know A will fix it, why try B?

Comment

If you get killed more than once in a map by a trans left on the flag you are a complete idiot. Leave it as it is.

Comment

i do feel bokky might be onto something with the 250-400ms delay before you can actually translocate after firing it.

/me waves at bokky in irc

Comment

Working...
                                X