Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Key to Scroll Through Vehicle Seats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Key to Scroll Through Vehicle Seats!

I have worked out a way to scroll through vehicle seats with one key.
    Setting up is a little bit fiddly but it works like a charm!
    This will be handy for those arrow key users

Ok, here we go. . .

First, decide which key you want to use.

Open your User.ini file.
    Near the top you will see the Aliases listed.
    Go to the bottom of the aliases to where you have some free ones. Mine are 36 37 38.
    Set them to this:

Aliases[36]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | onrelease set input keyofchoice Seat2",Alias="Seat1")
    Aliases[37]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 2 | onrelease set input keyofchoice Seat3",Alias="Seat2")
    Aliases[38]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 3 | onrelease set input keyofchoice Seat1",Alias="Seat3")

Change the Alias numbers to the correct ones for you, and change keyofchoice to the key you want to use.

Next. . .
    Bind the key you will use as:

keyofchoice=Seat1

Finally. . .
    Go to your Enter/Exit vehicle key (your 'use' key) and change its bind to:

=use | onrelease set input keyofchoice Seat2

(again, changing keyofchoice to the key you will use to scroll seats).

What it does:
    You enter the Hellbender and press the change seat key. It will switch you to seat two, then it will rebind the key so next time it will switch you to seat three. . . then next time it will rebind it to seat one. . . and so forth.

Keep in mind if you are in a two seat vehicle and sitting in seat two you will still have to press the key twice to get back to seat one.
    If you are in the Levi it will only cycle you through seats 1, 2 and 3.

Now, the reason you edit your 'use' key is because:
    If you enter the vehicle and switch to seat two then exit the vehicle, next time you use the key it will switch you straight to seat three as thats what the key has been bound to do.
    The 'use' bind will reset the switching key each time you exit the vehicle, so you wont get shuffled to the wrong seat.

There you go
    A sollution

Well done, I won't use it myself but I think a few other people will

Comment

Nice. This will be very useful when custom vehicles start coming out with 4+ seats, I'll write it down and keep it handy. Cheers artofpain.

Comment

great , cheers

Comment

Hmmm - the Goliath only has 2 seats, so you will have to press the button twice to get from seat 2 back to seat one.

The Levi has 5 seats - so you'd have to set up 5 aliases and cycle through them....

If I'm driving a hellbender and need to snipe I want to press "3", not cycle through seats. If I'm in the corner of the levi and need to be at the other side I want to get there fast, not press a key 5 times....

Nice Idea, but it's probably easier to just use the numbers......

However I use this same setup to cycle through preferred weapons on keys - flack to shock etc...

Comment

Hey, I was asked if I knew how by someone who uses the arrow keys and didnt have three (or five) keys available, and they didnt want to move their hand across the keyboard and back again each time they changed.

Comment

Originally posted by artofpain
              Hey, I was asked if I knew how by someone who uses the arrow keys and didnt have three (or five) keys available, and they didnt want to move their hand across the keyboard and back again each time they changed.
              Just ignore the people who are mean about your bind, they just lack the imagination to see how it can be useful. eg it is clearly perfect for the scenario you mention above, many people use the arrow keys for their own funny reasons .

Cheers.

Comment

this is a good bind but my problem is i have NO aliases spots left can you add more like 40_43 or can you only have 39???? are there some you can delete???

Comment

Thanks Magwa!

It was a total pain in the a$$ before. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by eyemarten1
                    Thanks Magwa!

thanks for what i did nothing but ask a question the thread starter is the one to thank

Comment

Oh ffs.

I read the first post and must have seen your name as the last post.

Ok, well..... jump in the wayback machine.

Thanks artofpain!

Comment

well done dude :up:

Comment

About the extra aliases. . .

I dont know if it will work, but try adding more to the list. 'Should' work.
                          Dont know. I didnt have that problem.

Comment

Very neat idea, I'm use to doing it the old way nonetheless.

Comment

cool :up: gonna give it a go.

Comment

Working...
                              X