Are People offended by auto-taunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are People offended by auto-taunt?

I usually have it truned off, but I find as soon as I put 'Auto-Taunt' on, people are like, 'please trun that off.' I don't understand what's wrong, does it have to do with the fact that I'm using Ravage, who talks more 'gothic' or 'ancient-evil-like' than the others?

Or maybe it's coupled with having a glowing red name to boot... until the latest patch kicked in, of course.

people find it annoying to hear random voice spammed when they are fragging. or hearing "you suck" after you frag them.

Comment

It´s just ...newbish.Just turn it off,no reason to annoy people.

Comment

I have mine on, i think they're fun and add to the games. It feels more rewarding to frag someone then for your character to say something to them. Then they can get you back later wtih the same and you have a war going on. Without them, it would be a little boring i think.

Comment

Isnt there an "ignore auto taunts" option? Why cant they just turn that one on?

I have autotaunts enabled, people use those taunts too rarely so they add a little vocalisation to the match I reckon. I'm an avid taunt and communication user. I love stringing up voices so they almost form a sentence (I have a lot of voices bound to my keys).
          "I've got the enemy flag, I need backup! I'm all alone here!"

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, absolutely! I can't stand auto-taunt. I have it off for myself (always) and the bots in single player.

Besides, I can only listen to those taunts so many times before they become downright old and annoying.

And I do complain about it when I hear someone spamming auto-taunts.

I'm not sure whether the positive taunts like "nice" and "not bad" are still in UT2004. If they are, I would not mind if people binded these to keys and used them to compliment other players. I don't think anybody would get tired of hearing that.

Comment

Yeah, auto-taunt is annoying.

A taunt should be deserved, after an intense firefight something like, "And stay down!" not some random "You fight like nali" **** that the auto taunt decided to blurt out.

Comment

amusing at first, for a few rounds.

but highly annoying afterwards. especially when you kill them over and over and over again.. turn it off...

I agree with Eeep

Comment

disable tuants, in game chat, voip and all that yip yap

Comment

Originally posted by Saito
                    disable tuants, in game chat, voip and all that yip yap
                    Play with bots, it's more social

Comment

auto taunts are anoying....just bind some keys print out your vox binds if u cant remember them....auto is anoying just because its just the pc doing the taunting NOT YOU!

Comment

Annoying!

Especially taunts like: "I'm on your team!"

Hell, I know that! Just get out my way.

Comment

Originally posted by breadbaker
                          Annoying!

Especially taunts like: "I'm on your team!"
                          Oh yea, forgot about that one, ugh. Especially annoying if the autotaunter is in the middle of the action and you are spamming it with the mini or something.

"I'm on your team, idiot!"
                          "I'm on your team!"
                          "I'm on your team, idiot!"
                          "Same team!"
                          "I'm on your team!"

Comment

Re: Are People offended by auto-taunt?

Originally posted by CodenniumRed
                            I usually have it truned off, but I find as soon as I put 'Auto-Taunt' on, people are like, 'please trun that off.' I don't understand what's wrong, does it have to do with the fact that I'm using Ravage, who talks more 'gothic' or 'ancient-evil-like' than the others?
                            If those players cannot figure out how to turn them off, they deserve to be autotaunted

Fuzzlebunny
                            With FriendlyFire=100% thats a very costly spam then

Comment

I think you can turn off being able to hear auto-taunts, so I don't care that much... What bugs me is when people have poses bound to their movement keys so they run around dancing and humping all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X