Unreal 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well the way I see it as much time you spend playing a video game as opposed to say buying some DVD’s or even some music CD’s, video games are a bargain.

Programmers cost money and I’m sure good programmers cost a lot of money.

If I have to pay for some top quality games even if it’s once a year I will.

Money well spent for your entertainment value I think.

It’s not only the games but how many people buy new computers so they can play these games. If it wasn’t for games I would still have the some computer I bought 5 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic have officially said they will make UT a yearly franchise. There will be UT2004, 2005, 2006 etc...

Thing is, owners of UT2004 will most likely be able to download a free upgrade to make it UT2005. This is the only way to go, because making people buy a whole new game each year would totally kill off the whole franchise.

I've said it before here; Imagine a mod team, that work many hours a week to get it done. They also want their mod to be played for more than a month.

So they look at the options. They can make it for UT2004, but people will only play it for 8 months and then get UT2005, making their mod obsolete. They can make it for Half-Life2, a game which will remain on the scene for a good 5 years, as the first Half-Life did. Then there's Doom3, which will be just as popular.

This would be plain stupid, and I too would abandon UT if I were made to buy a new game every year, just to keep up with the active community.

A bonus pack, one that would cost around 1/3 of the price of the whole game, would also be acceptable, but ONLY if the changes are actually more than just a patch to change some logos to "2005" instead of "2004". And none of that ****ty Windows Update sort of thing either, where you are left sort of "in-between" the new and the old, in a sort of limbo. I remember installing 98 as an upgrade from 95... it never worked quite like it should have.

Anyway, Epic are smart enough to realise, they cannot release a full-priced game every year. If they do, they will lose even their most ardent fans, such as myself.

:sour:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After you play a DM match I want the room to look like a battle just took place. Blood and guts kind of stuff.
    Would require a lot of RAM....but then again if they gave us "Highest" on graphics, they could do this also...(forever stay decals, blood, gibs....)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bonus Pack sounds a lot better than 2005.

Kinda like Expansion Pack for D2, new game types, maybe new vehicles, weapons, hell a new team! hehe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    coldplasma - it's hard to imagine that the Unreal Tournament series has much life left in future production..after the release of the UEngine3, Epic will probably shift away from the Unreal series and start work on another few new titles...

Mark Rein - For sure we'll do another Unreal Tournament game, and we'll do it with this technology

Mark says UT will be using the UEngine3.

I want more weapons. More gibs. More things like door, lifts, and stuff like that.

Better graphics of course. Spiders that can climb over a rock. Sticky mines that stick.

I want the ripper back. Yeah it’s spammy but its also like pool a will placed bank shot that takes off someone’s head is soooo sweet.

More vehicles. Better sounds. Better taunts. Better maps with more traps on the DM maps like pressure in the original.

After you play a DM match I want the room to look like a battle just took place. Blood and guts kind of stuff.

I want all the characters humans, not robots and aliens. I want game slowed down to a pace where you can enjoy the carnage. Right now its like a kaleidoscope of colors and you are shooting at anything that moves and people move like pinball’s bouncing off walls.

That’s all I want.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Meh tryin to figure out next game right now is impossible, then again guessing whats going through epics head is impossible lol.
    www.ut2005.com has been taken as a web URL. lmao

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rlyeh Ftaghn
    tim sweeney and mark rein said recently that they "maybe they will do unreal 3", they will SURELY do another ut game and it will be on u3 engine...and they ARE working on other franchises for both next gen pc's and consoles...
    They better make an sp Unreal 3...I loved the first two, and if they for some reason dropped the sp series and focused ENTIRELY on the ut sereis...I'd be dissapointed. I love both UT and jsut Unreal, It'd be a shame if they dropped either...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    still tryin to learn 2004... no need for any new games..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Next UT will be on U3 engine = no 2k5. Maybe 2k6, probably 2k7.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    tim sweeney and mark rein said recently that they "maybe they will do unreal 3", they will SURELY do another ut game and it will be on u3 engine...and they ARE working on other franchises for both next gen pc's and consoles...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ErecT
    Hopefully next game in the series will be UT2007.

This aint fifa...

Stupid to release new version each year.. Will only divide the community.
    A new bonuspack each year would be ok though.
    I agree, it is not fifa... it is way better! I would not mind at ll, if Epic decides to re-make another UT200(?). I'm really excited about this new engine and it's true potential.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dai
    won't be an Unreal-game:

Eurogamer: Will you ship on PC or next gen consoles?

Mark Rein: We don't know what platform we'll ship on first time, it's too early to say.

The first game Epic is creating with this technology isn't in the Unreal franchise at all, so it's a little confusing, but this is Unreal Engine 3, the third generation Unreal engine.

We have no current plans for Unreal 3, but eventually we'll do one.

For sure we'll do another Unreal Tournament game, and we'll do it with this technology, but the big game we're making right now is a single-player-focused game in a totally new franchise, but it'll be a while before we can talk about it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55942

yay?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by coldplasma
    it's hard to imagine that the Unreal Tournament series has much life left in future production..after the release of the UEngine3, Epic will probably shift away from the Unreal series and start work on another few new titles...:noob:
    I agree with your first point. But you are probably wrong about the second.

The UnrealEngine 3 will be used to make Unreal 3. It will be fairly different from the current crop of content we have in the unreal series now. The Unreal universe does need to evolve.
    IMO heres the list:

UT2005 (UEngine2)
    Unreal 3(UEngine3)
    UT2006 (UEngine3-Tweaked)

Thats how its always been and will remain(i think )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    zzzzz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Iceboy2003
    Well UT2004 is kinda like a souped up BP for 2003... Like enough content for 2-3 BPs and like 3 patches worth of changes...

If the series does end up going to 2008 or so, they oughta just start packaging the game on an 20gb IDE hard drive or something.
    nah 2004 is totally a new game and is worthy of being a game on its own and not BP's. . . . . .

ofcourse thats just my opinion

Leave a comment:

Working...
X