No announcement yet.

Unreal 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a load o' bollx - do you seriously think Epic & Atari are gonna turn their back on one of the biggest money-spinnin' franchises in the history of Gaming, just because it might upset a few community peoples??? Get real :bulb: lol

I remember all that time ago having just upgraded my PC - and the first game i installed to go with my *****-hot powerhouse state-of-the-art VooDoo² monster was the original Unreal. A few hours later my brain melted from trying to take in the awesome graphics which were light years ahead of anything else. I remember sitting there thinking "Well thats it, this is gonna be as good as it gets - how could you improve on such perfection??" - well they did, and all these years later i'm still getting blown away by each new release of Unreal. Its a benchmark, and will be for a long time to come. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by ErecT
      Hopefully next game in the series will be UT2007.

This aint fifa...

Stupid to release new version each year.. Will only divide the community.
      A new bonuspack each year would be ok though.

:down: That would be pretty sad :sour: if we had to wait an entire year for another bonus pack!:cry:

Comment

Too many good games coming out thank goodness there isn't another one coming out next year.

Comment

UT2004 still has LOTS of room to grow. I don't think there will be, or that there will be a NEED for UT2005.

Just look at what people were doing with UT99 by the time 2003 came out.

Already we are seeing maps with features/effects that are far beyond what the stock maps offer (and that also cost some performance lol).

I think there's a hell of a lot of potential buried in UT2004 that most of us aren't even realizing yet.

I also think there's going to be a lot of maps in the future with plenty of "wow, look what they've done with this one" type of stuff happening...

Comment

Originally posted by Twist4
            10th thread about it.There will be no ut2k5.Go home people,nothin 2 see here
            :up:

Comment

Originally posted by ^vs^Bazza
              so UT2005 will just be UT2004 + Bonus Packs kinda like UT:GoTY?

if so then thats good, that should boost up the community a bit
              Well UT2004 is kinda like a souped up BP for 2003... Like enough content for 2-3 BPs and like 3 patches worth of changes...

If the series does end up going to 2008 or so, they oughta just start packaging the game on an 20gb IDE hard drive or something.

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                More than just 2005, this is asking the question of where is UT headed in the future?

IMHO, Epic/DE will face a problem. The new engine is going to be very expensive in terms of time and human ressource needed.

How are they going to renew the classic gametypes such as DM/TDM/CTF.
                Each time they introduce a new gametype (BR/ONS) they are creaing themselves a potential problem for the next iteration of UT : Is the new gametype worth being returned or not?
                Each new gametype has its fanbase. They will have to estimate how much would cost developping new maps for any of these gametypes compared to how much it would cost them in terms of image if they just dropped the gametype.

In addition, UT2004 is already quite abundant in content and gametypes and maps. How would people accept a new game which wouldn't be as rich content-wise as its predecessor?
                Good points there. I just can't imagine what it will take to create custom stuff for UE3.0 (by that I mean mapping and making new player models/skins, both will require lots of texturing with special layers for bump-mapping etc.).

Comment

For 2005 I just want to be able to use my UT2003 CD-KEY on UT2004, cos it's rotting on my shelf, with absolutelly no use.

In fact, I've NEVER used that key, I was forced to buy UT2004 because i could not use it, I wasted 100 reais (~30usd) in that game and never played it ¬¬, besides, I brought the UT2004 SE and it came on a stupid dvd box, the painting over the dvds is worse than those made by pirates, the manual was missing and I didn't get the headphone ..

And I hoped to get something like de US special edition.. Atari Brasil needs some serious work to do things straight..

UT2003 sucked hard, but i like ut2004, and would like to use the UT2003 key to give it to my brother, since there is absolutelly NO UT2003 server here in Brasil (Brazil) anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003
                    Well UT2004 is kinda like a souped up BP for 2003... Like enough content for 2-3 BPs and like 3 patches worth of changes...

If the series does end up going to 2008 or so, they oughta just start packaging the game on an 20gb IDE hard drive or something.
                    nah 2004 is totally a new game and is worthy of being a game on its own and not BP's. . . . . .

ofcourse thats just my opinion

Comment

zzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by coldplasma
                        it's hard to imagine that the Unreal Tournament series has much life left in future production..after the release of the UEngine3, Epic will probably shift away from the Unreal series and start work on another few new titles...:noob:
                        I agree with your first point. But you are probably wrong about the second.

The UnrealEngine 3 will be used to make Unreal 3. It will be fairly different from the current crop of content we have in the unreal series now. The Unreal universe does need to evolve.
                        IMO heres the list:

UT2005 (UEngine2)
                        Unreal 3(UEngine3)
                        UT2006 (UEngine3-Tweaked)

Thats how its always been and will remain(i think )

Comment

Originally posted by Dai
                          won't be an Unreal-game:

Eurogamer: Will you ship on PC or next gen consoles?

Mark Rein: We don't know what platform we'll ship on first time, it's too early to say.

The first game Epic is creating with this technology isn't in the Unreal franchise at all, so it's a little confusing, but this is Unreal Engine 3, the third generation Unreal engine.

We have no current plans for Unreal 3, but eventually we'll do one.

For sure we'll do another Unreal Tournament game, and we'll do it with this technology, but the big game we're making right now is a single-player-focused game in a totally new franchise, but it'll be a while before we can talk about it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55942

yay?

Comment

Originally posted by ErecT
                            Hopefully next game in the series will be UT2007.

This aint fifa...

Stupid to release new version each year.. Will only divide the community.
                            A new bonuspack each year would be ok though.
                            I agree, it is not fifa... it is way better! I would not mind at ll, if Epic decides to re-make another UT200(?). I'm really excited about this new engine and it's true potential.

Comment

tim sweeney and mark rein said recently that they "maybe they will do unreal 3", they will SURELY do another ut game and it will be on u3 engine...and they ARE working on other franchises for both next gen pc's and consoles...

Comment

Next UT will be on U3 engine = no 2k5. Maybe 2k6, probably 2k7.

Comment

Working...
                                X