The Node Deemer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Node Deemer

When you can see the node (Torlan for example), do you use Dumb fire, or manual for the Redeemer?

Personally, It depends how abandoned the node is and how under attack I would be if I were to launch it. Usually I smart fire it. and swerve it a lot, but sometimes it does that crazy 'screen whips out of conrol' thing.

P.S. Does anyone know why that happens?

i don't know about your problem but the best way to use the redeemer is to send it up really high and then send it straight down on top of the node. that way people don't see it coming.

Comment

lol I voted manual by accident - I dont have time to be guiding a missile in, i'd rather be disrtacting people with my minigun

Then again, i fire at almost point blank range with just enough time to get out of the blast range.

no time for them to react.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomZER0
        lol I voted manual by accident - I dont have time to be guiding a missile in, i'd rather be disrtacting people with my minigun

Then again, i fire at almost point blank range with just enough time to get out of the blast range.

no time for them to react.
        who cares about getting out of the way? just get within 2 feet, fire, and enjoy the ride :bulb: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by vladthedog
          who cares about getting out of the way?
          Exactly! It is worth the respawn in order to ensure that your redeemer hits its mark. I rarely use smartfire, dumbfiring the missiles seems smarter. Yes..... dumb means smart.
          :weird:

Comment

In ONS-Serverance, to save time (the enemies are running to take out or base node aswell), I jump out of Raptor and just before I hit the ground, I shoot the enemy's base node with deemer. That way, the redeemer is sure to hit the node and take it out. Sure it kills me, but I respawn on one of the side nodes, jump into Manta and drive to the base node.

Comment

i always dumb fire it (except for once yesterday i manualed and i got shot while guiding it) its just too easy to stop when its coming in from a long way's away, and you're vulnerable, i usually get close with a manta or raptor, shoot it, and make an attempt to get away, but if i die i've done what needs to be done

DUM = SMART

Comment

I find deemer suiciding at a node works well. Or flying over it in a raptor, getting out and shooting down. I almost never get denied.

Comment

Suicide works very well at times

Comment

Dumb fire from close... usually in mid air when i'm jumping out the Raptor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry1978
                      i don't know about your problem but the best way to use the redeemer is to send it up really high and then send it straight down on top of the node. that way people don't see it coming.
                      Absolutely. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :noob:

Comment

i personally like to manuelly fire it cuz i like having control of it, except when it gets denied then it really ticks me off cuz it was all me.

that suiciding from a raptor idea is good, i've seen it done maybe once or twice, never tried it myself....i'll have to do that

i also have a question, i had a deemer today in dawn (in a pub) and and was near a node, and i dumb fired it into the ground w/ about 2 or 3 people following me, and i knew i was gonna die, so i just shot it at my feet. i heard the explosion....no one died.......i kept getting shot....and i was ******. has this ever happened to anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by {T5K}Young'n
                          i personally like to manuelly fire it cuz i like having control of it, except when it gets denied then it really ticks me off cuz it was all me.

that suiciding from a raptor idea is good, i've seen it done maybe once or twice, never tried it myself....i'll have to do that

i also have a question, i had a deemer today in dawn (in a pub) and and was near a node, and i dumb fired it into the ground w/ about 2 or 3 people following me, and i knew i was gonna die, so i just shot it at my feet. i heard the explosion....no one died.......i kept getting shot....and i was ******. has this ever happened to anyone else?
                          ummm, if you shot it at your feet, you should have been vaporized....wierd

Comment

Originally posted by Yourself
                            In ONS-Serverance, to save time (the enemies are running to take out or base node aswell), I jump out of Raptor and just before I hit the ground, I shoot the enemy's base node with deemer. That way, the redeemer is sure to hit the node and take it out. Sure it kills me, but I respawn on one of the side nodes, jump into Manta and drive to the base node.
                            Next time try this tactic:I use it often its about a 50/50 deal depending on your life)
                            Jump out of raptor and main fire deemer, it travels faster then you and will impact and explode first then soon after jsut before impacting with the ground use your sheild gun. Land and start building node.

No reason for a casultiy if you can try to avoid it....as well as a jump on the competition.

Comment

That's happened to me before, Young'n.

Just once. It was on severance. I fired just as I landed on top of the node. I had 4 people shooting at me.
                              The blast went off, but I ended up getting gunned down a couple seconds later and the missile did nothing whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                              X