Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't know what it is about this map.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Descentia
    hehehehe! Cool smilies!!! :up:
    :haha:
    More smilies in sig.

Help yourself, I did.

:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by §uper-]V[oose
    If anyone cares.
    http://www.mapraider.com/maps/search...estyle=&score=
    http://pcgamemods.com/1719/
    Thanx, Moose! :up:
    Originally posted by Climb@ize
    OOPS! HA!

Wrong forum!

hehehehe! Cool smilies!!! :up:

:haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds awesome. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am lazy, so here I have an exact copy of an post of mine at the Skill-Club:

Originally posted by fuegerstef
    OK, I didn't wanted to give it away that early, but I am working on a Spacenoxx remake (see reasons above).

Don't complain about the graphics, it is in a very early stage. I don't even have a Skybox yet, and the light is only there, so that I can see something. I want to make sure the gameplay is good before I go for the eyecandy.

Please discuss my ideas:

The cyan paths show where you can dodge/dodgejump. The blue paths show the double jump possibilities.
    I made dodging up the outer pillar a bit harder, because of the giant metal support, you have to bypass when dodging up, but therefore you can also dodge to the lamps to sniper a bit .
    A good thing as that you can only see about 45% of the map from a lamp, so that this sniper point isn't "overpowered".

Dodgejumping across the "energy-circle" (no picture) in the middle of the lower platform is very easy and fast, which speeds up the gameplay a bit. You cannot reach the DoubleDammage with a dodgejump., you have to double-Jump across the circle to get high enough for it. And you need a good timing to get over the circle with a double-jump without dying (I didn't make it too hard, because I want that to become a fun map).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    but I think you must be registered at the forum to view it, don't know, sorry.
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I posted some infos about my gameplay-approach over at the Skill-Club.

Here's the thread:
    http://forum.skill-club.com/showthre...&threadid=5765

but I think you must be registered at the forum to view it, don't know, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not perfect but it is the best version released so far.
    I'm looking forward to trying yours. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That one seems the best imo.
    Hm, this version is ok, but it has less visual detail than the original.
    And you cannot dodge up the pillars.

So if something has been substracted from the visuals AND from the gameplay, I do not know why I should use it. I still think a remake or remix should add to the original concept, at least when it comes to visuals. But taking 3 of 4 ways to get to the upper ring out just ruins the original style, IMO.

And in the readme to this map it says something about that you have to adjust gamespeed, add a few mutators and even tweak you .ini settings :bulb: to get close to the original feel.
    Isn't it easier to doubleclick the original UT-icon on your desktop then... ...especially when you get advanced gameplay and visuals then....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dammit why'd you have to show me this. Now I'm going to go play UT for several hours.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://pcgamemods.com/1719/
    That one seems the best imo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha
    Yeah, I see.
    I just made an edit to my previous post. It's your map, and doing it with repeating static meshes WOULD be hard.
    It wouldn't be that hard, but too hard for a remake of a fun-map-remake from UT1.
    I am doing it because I like a lowgrav-game once in a while without putting the lowgrav mut on, so I like to put a lowgrav-map into the LAN rotation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I see.
    I just made an edit to my previous post. It's your map, and doing it with repeating static meshes WOULD be hard.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha
    Dude, the UT2k3 engine doesn't care if you throw 50000 polygons at it, as long as it's not BSP. There is absolutely no reason stick with a 16 sided platform if you take the right approach.
    I know that, but with a custom static mesh it would be too much work (with all the blocking volumes that have to be adjusted to a round SpaceNoxx). And since it is only a remake that I think will fit into UT2k3 (visually and gameplay wise) I do not want to have too much work with it.
    I will work on texturing and so on, so that it will look right, I am picky, when it comes to consitency. So I want a map that looks right in the UT2k3-Universe (Most important of all is gamplay, though)

So I think it is the right approach for me. I do this map mainly for myself and our LAN. It will be released to the public, perhaps others like it too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I stayed with a 16 sided SpaceNoxx, though, because a 32 sided does look worse than 16 sided, because it looks not round enough to be a round circle and not edgy* enough neither; it only looks messed up somehow.
    More sides (40 or 64 would fit) are too much triangles, because spaceNoxx isn't just a flat platform at the bottom but rises to the middle of the ring (many more polys). Then you have to consider that a least the lower (and the upper ring for consistant look) need to be 64 sided too. this would be too many polys, since you can overview the whole map with it's lowgrav gameplay.
    Dude, the UT2k3 engine doesn't care if you throw 50000 polygons at it, as long as it's not BSP. There is absolutely no reason stick with a 16 sided platform if you take the right approach.

(edit) Just did a test in a few maps: DM-Shuddercreek has about 85000 polygons visible, I get 53fps. DM-Inferno: 106000 polygons 42fps. DM-TreeOfAges: 88000 polygons, 40fps.
    As you can see, the amount of polygons matters, but what matters more is how often staticmeshes repeat. You could for example make one part of the ring a static mesh, then rotate and repeat that part, and it wóuld be possible. It's a matter of taste tho', and it's your map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -)AO(-Necron99
    Regular maps > space maps.

:up:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X