New Ownage Arenas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ownage Arenas?

I'm usually well-known around here for creating rather in-depth, lengthy posts. However, I just woke up, it's too **** hot, I haven't eaten breakfast, and I need to feed the fish. So, I'll keep this one short and to-the-point.

(Afterward, I may kill two birds with one stone regarding the whole breakfast/fish situation.)

On the official Unreal Tournament 2004 Game Server Rental Program page (located here), I've noticed this little quote:

Originally posted by Atari/Epic
    Our users can now enjoy some of the most popular custom maps out for UT2K4. We have added the following to your list of maps:

AS-Frigate2k4
    AS-Germania
    ONS-EvilMood
    ONS-Icarus
    ONS-Biohazard
    ONS-UrbanStrike
    ONS-ChainsIsileFinal
    DM-FlightUnleashed
    DM-zX-Matrix-Arena
    DM-1on1-Raize
    DM-FST-Sacrifice
    DM-FST-SpaceNoxx
    Since these arenas are being given an official spotlight, I am curious as to why ONS-Icarus is the only one on the list that is displayed in the Ownage Maps tab of Unreal Tournament 2004's in-game Community section.

If these arenas are worthy enough to be supported by the game server rental program hosted by Atari and Epic, surely they are worthy enough for everyone to download into their own personal collections, right?

Please feel free to vote as well as post your responses and support here.

And for God's sake, people ... keep the flaming and off-topic inevitability to a minimum.

Not being to be an obligatory first post troll here but some of those maps ARE rather ***. Confuses me as to whether an Atari person has just visited an unreal site for the first time, grabbed the first maps they saw pimped and went OMG.

Comment

Originally posted by anarkist
      Not being to be an obligatory first post troll here but some of those maps ARE rather ***. Confuses me as to whether an Atari person has just visited an unreal site for the first time, grabbed the first maps they saw pimped and went OMG.
      *talks with his mouth full of fish*

In all fairness, I have not played any of these arenas except for Icarus. I only assumed that since they were given special treatment in the server rental program, they would be worthy of being considered Ownage material.

I respect your opinion, Anarkist, and thank you for voting.

To be honest, even if these arenas don't ever appear in the Ownage section, I wish more maps would. I check the list every day, and all I ever see are Icarus and the Community Bonus Pack 2. It's time for some new material ...

Comment

Originally posted by anarkist
        Not being to be an obligatory first post troll here but some of those maps ARE rather ***.
        uhm, that's the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Urban Stirke? Hope you got a nice video card.

Icarus is OK but you can kiss your framerate goodbye.

Biohazard? ugh.

DM-zX-Matrix-Arena? Can you say shieldgun fight?

Comment

Working...
        X