Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    BF Vietnam is ahead by 20 players...

BTW, how the hell is Counter Strike 10 times everything else?

The Minigun is insta-hit also.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL try instagib with Super Berserk on

That is insane.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The5thviruz
    Instagib trains you in the following weapons:

Shock Rifle
    Lightning gun
    Sniper Rifle

And any other instant hit weapon i have forgot to mention.
    Don't forget hide & seek!

I love InstaGib and don't play NW at all. If I were then I'd do better than I used too because I'm better at dodging and aiming now (but still pretty **** as I'm often the leader in deaths ).

InstaGib on Maul with about 10 players is mental, although it can become a bit too much if you don't get a chance to move.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Instagib trains you in the following weapons:

Shock Rifle
    Lightning gun
    Sniper Rifle

And any other instant hit weapon i have forgot to mention.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The best practice for ONS is ONS. Even though you might learn to aim a little quicker in tight levels playing iTDM, Onslaught is about using large open areas, vehicles, and learning good strategies for different situations.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RedruM-X
    Insta does not train aim like you think it does !
    I think the only thing insta trains you in is how to dodge better, that's what it did for me in UT99

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I come from an exclusively IDM, ITM and ICTF background. I can't stand nw gametypes with exclusion of ONS because I find them to be the most unbalanced gametypes I've run accross. Wouldn't be playing UT if it didn't have the Instagib mutator. Come on whats the fun in owning you're copetition once you've learned all the maps and you happen to be the lucky one who spawned closest to you're favorite weapon. ONS is the only way I can stomach NW because you have the weapons lockers which places everyone on a more equal footing similar to Insta or any other single weapon gametype. I love ons as change of pace, though my roots will stay rooted deeply in insta. Those who get bored with ONS should try joining a team two or more people down and down to their last node. Nothing like turning the situation around and helping them win the game or at least stalemate the other team to only an overtime win. I love it when someone of the other team either says or type 'what the **** is happening' or WTF or so and so must be cheating.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LastPlaced
    are your really that dull or is that some kind of joke, or clever remark?
    I didn't know what it meant either, smartass.

I bet you're a hoot at parties. What do you do... stand in the corner by yourself and make snide remarks about everyone?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LastPlaced
    are your really that dull or is that some kind of joke, or clever remark? If so, can someone who gets it let me know. If you really are that dull then I suggest a quick search.

ictf can have trans if zoom-insta mutator is used, the regular insta mutator removes trans.

I actually find trans made ictf much more fun because otherwise it's a case of walk 2mins to base - instant death, walk 2 mins to base - instant death, etc. especially tedious in 5v5 high level clan matches where you have 5 players who never miss - flag touches are few and far between and there is little excitment.

But anyone else who has limited themselves to one gametype, id recommend you play through all of them to see which ones you enjoy - I would have thought this was pretty obvious and certainly the first thing I did when I got the game. This may save you from a djini style revelation that you've been missing out.

GL all.
    It's none of them...
    Dull would imply boring (?),
    Joke?... Nope I was seriously unaware that NW meant Normal Weapons... I just thought CTF implied normal weapons unless you put iCTF (Which means InstaGib)...
    Not clevar either... Just a question.

I suspect you mean't 'Am I Dimm' (as in stupid)... I'll have to say yes, if not knowing what NW meant... Sorry...

Anyway... You are very correct about your comments about limiting myself to one gametype... However, with my limited number of hours to play (Wife, dog, job, PS2, XBOX, Decorating, Family, Slot-car racing to name just some of the distractions) I decided (perhaps wrongly) that isted of playing all of the game types, I'd just concerntrate on 1 of them and devote 100% of my UT playing time, to ONS...

What I'm saying is... What the InstGibb players have been telling me all along, and I have been saying "NO! You are WRONG!" turns out to be quite obviously true, if I just *tried* it...

Oh Shambler... I didn't want to imply ONS and iTDM was games that are better/worse... I just wanted to comment on Similar to the above... insta feels FASTER, and is spammy* (in a good way) comparied to the tactical (and sometimes boring**) ONS...

* The action is unrelenting... constant firefights. ONS sometimes involves housekeeping like node charging, vehicle collection etc etc.

** Charging Nodes *is* boring...! Defending sometimes involves WAITING for attackers to appear...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: ONS Loving Player Converted to...

Originally posted by djini_hades
    Am I making more sense now? I know what I mean, just explaining it takes time...
    Yup. Got it. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I played ONS I don't really fight people like I would in TDM or any of the other game mods..

Instead of trying to kill individual players I just concentrate on the one's with Avrils and then just ignore and try to dodge the rest while I'm taking down their node (if I can get behind some obstruction the avrils aren't a problem either)
    If I'm in a vehicle I'll use it down to it's last 100 health then hop out over the node and pepper it with nades, easy..

When on defence I just use raptor/manta to kill people and other vehicles which is easy enough.
    The problem with ONS is that there aren't a lot of people that know how to play and I can never find any good clan servers that are populated (maybe someone can tell me a few)

To me ONS isn't comparable to any other gametype and you can't say it's "better" than dm/tdm or CTF because it's a completly different way of playing the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NW? WTF?

No idea what this is... Please help me out L)
    are your really that dull or is that some kind of joke, or clever remark? If so, can someone who gets it let me know. If you really are that dull then I suggest a quick search.

ictf can have trans if zoom-insta mutator is used, the regular insta mutator removes trans.

I actually find trans made ictf much more fun because otherwise it's a case of walk 2mins to base - instant death, walk 2 mins to base - instant death, etc. especially tedious in 5v5 high level clan matches where you have 5 players who never miss - flag touches are few and far between and there is little excitment.

But anyone else who has limited themselves to one gametype, id recommend you play through all of them to see which ones you enjoy - I would have thought this was pretty obvious and certainly the first thing I did when I got the game. This may save you from a djini style revelation that you've been missing out.

GL all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: ONS Loving Player Converted to...

Originally posted by Folk
    I read this as "ONS is a dumber game than TDM", but I can't understand where you're coming from. I'm an old school UT DM player since '99, and although I realize that in DM and TDM, map knowledge and weapon knowledge can improve your win ratio, DM (and TDM) are simply "kill it if it's not you" type games with not a great deal of strategy involved. ONS isn't rocket science, but it does have elements of strategy over and above DM or TDM.

I can understand how anyone can enjoy game type "A" over game type "B", but to infer that iTDM is somehow "smarter" than ONS is a stretch... especially since weapon knowledge isn't requred. Or did I just misunderstand your post?
    The context I meant it in was...

You think your ****-hot at UT and do REALLY good in ONS... then you go to the head-tripping adrenaline pumped small map iTDM with about 6 players on, and leave it after 30 mins shaking cause you're 20% Adrenaline, 80% blood in your system...

After iCTF, you go back to ONS and it feels slow... I'm serious...

So what I mean by special olympics (and my wife would kill me for 'using language like that') is that you do well in a slow-mo game, and it feels meaningless when you try the insta game types and get you a$$ handed to you*...

Am I making more sense now? I know what I mean, just explaining it takes time...

*I didn't get my a$$ handed to me (I done quite well considering), but it really felt like 'gaming on another level'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NW? WTF?

No idea what this is... Please help me out L)
    NW = Normal Weapons

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: ONS Loving Player Converted to...

ONS is fun in a 'special olympics' kind of way
    I read this as "ONS is a dumber game than TDM", but I can't understand where you're coming from. I'm an old school UT DM player since '99, and although I realize that in DM and TDM, map knowledge and weapon knowledge can improve your win ratio, DM (and TDM) are simply "kill it if it's not you" type games with not a great deal of strategy involved. ONS isn't rocket science, but it does have elements of strategy over and above DM or TDM.

I can understand how anyone can enjoy game type "A" over game type "B", but to infer that iTDM is somehow "smarter" than ONS is a stretch... especially since weapon knowledge isn't requred. Or did I just misunderstand your post?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X