Im tired of this bull sh*t!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im tired of this bull sh*t!

Programmers of Epic or whatever...you can take your patch and shove it so hard up your ***...I dont know how hard but its up to you!

I can NOT play a single game without your CRAPPY/BUGGY patch giving me an error message. Not a SINGLE game, every 5 or so minutes I get an error....from what?! Your useless, buggy patch that does NOTHING BUT cause problems...

The only reason I installed it because "Again" you ****-for-brain programmers screwed up the game so hard I had to reinstall the game, a mod, and the patch 5 fu*king times....so I could play ChaosUT2.

Before the patch everything ran perfectly, not a SINGLE error or problem.

Next time, Epic higher some worthy geeks that could do at least something right!

Edit: I love the game, its a beautiful game...you have some great graphic designers and artists, but your programmer dorks cant do ****!

newest patch working great for me... why dont you try re-installing... sounds like you have more problems than a patch...

Comment

Normally I refrain from feeding the trolls, but I'll take the chance that I can help.

First of all, a program the size of UT2004 is going to have bugs. Some won't be serious, others will be. I am a programmer (but not for Epic), and I can promise you that seemingly obvious bugs can be very difficult to track down. All you can do as a programmer is work to fix the bugs you find and make your code deal with other bugs as gracefully as possible.

Secondly, this patch does not cause the behavior you describe for the vast majority of users. Clearly there is something special about your hardware and software that makes UT2004 unstable for you. It is impossible for Epic to promise that their program will work on every possible combination of hardware and software. What you can do to help is describe what your system setup is. Your post is 100% useless to the programmers. There is nothing there that will help them fix the problem you are having.

I suspect you are running the Windows version, but in case you are using the Linux port, there are some extra steps you can take besides posting to this forum. Users have direct access to the bug reporting system for the linux version. Search for reports of similar bugs and add your problem if it hasn't been reported. Use the mailing list: the guy who manages the Linux port will discuss bugs and work to fix them (Linux users get extra patches to fix problems that show up in the "official" patches).

I'm not sure if there's a similar process for the Atari-supported Windows version. Post as much information to this list as you can. Look at log files and see if there are any error messages. Tell us what OS/CPU/graphics card you are using.

Remember this, the programmers want you to enjoy this game. Financially, one customer might not matter. But for their own sake, I'd bet that they would want you to enjoy this game and would do whatever's possible to help you. Complaining with no useful feedback doesn't help them anymore than it helps you.

Comment

Re: Im tired of this bull sh*t!

Originally posted by Cenobite
        Programmers of Epic or whatever...you can take your patch and shove it so hard up your ***...I dont know how hard but its up to you!

Comment

Dude, go back to bed and get out on the other side.

Comment

Riiiggghhhtt.... and it couldn't possibly be anything else to do with your machine/hardware could it?!?

I mean - lets face it - the patch is probably fine on 98% (else this board and others REALLY would be flooded with this sort of ****) of all PC's anyhow... so it *must* be the programmers fault when *your* machine keeps crashing.

Comment

The only problem with the Internet is that you miss out on the bad breath and flecks of spittle that you can only get from a face-to-face encounter with a ranting maniac.

Oh, wait, that's actually not a problem.

Comment

Dangit, the patch screwed me up too!! My FPS went up, graphics got better and overall game play enhanced....*Shakes fist at Epic*
                Oh wait...never mind, thats all GOOD THINGS!!
                :-P (I lost my smileys)

Comment

if ur system was working so perfectly.. why did u patched?

Comment

Ummm...the word Patch is there for a reason...

Shouldnt it FIX problems instead of creating them?

Tell us what OS/CPU/graphics card you are using.
                    WIN 2000
                    Athlon 2200+
                    Radeon 9000

newest patch working great for me... why dont you try re-installing... sounds like you have more problems than a patch...
                    That would have to be my 7th re-install then...I might, but I wouldnt be able to play CUT2...

Comment

Because ChaosUT2 requires the new patch...If it didnt I would **** on the patch

Comment

Because ChaosUT2 requires the new patch...

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                          Dude, go back to bed and get out on the other side.
                          Beh, and to think I was going to surprise you with a picture of necris chick you wanted...

Comment

This happens with every game and every patch... Something is wrong so of course it's the games/patches fault, therefore you must come to complain to the official forum and demand the developers to use their supernatural analyzing skills to instantly realize exactly what is causing the problem from your insult ridden vague description and release a super-patch that will solve your individual problem.
                            My bet is you don't have every driver etc. up to date on your PC, start with that. But you have to also realize, there are millions of different hardware/software configurations and it's impossible to make software that is guaranteed to run flawlesly on each and every one. The main reason for this kind of problems is the user though , the patch hasn't caused problems for the huge majority of players, so don't go slagging of Epic programmers.

Comment

This dude don't know what real problems are!

Comment

Working...
                              X