Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's cheating Jim, but not as we know it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's cheating Jim, but not as we know it...

does it get on anyone elses nerves?... playing, and every time you meet the 'top' player you almost always beat them 1-1, but they always end up with double your points & at the end of the game there is like 3 players all 10 points ahead of the rest - then you discover by catching an obvious blatent instance, that they are working an 'insider team' arrangement with each other in a DM game - that is so sad

was playing today and thought "This is weirding me out, HOW can they be always winning cos they are **** when you meet them 1-v-1"... Then I was fighting one guy 1-1 and his mate jumps down right next to him from above and they fire at me as a pair, this is happening more and more on servers.

the other day i was fighting 3 players in the Asbestos RL 'pond' - I had three DM players lined up on one side fragging at me all together while they were less than 6 ft apart ignoreing each other as opponents.. lol

i dunno, obviously there's no way to prevent it (is there?), but why dont they play TDM???

anyways - grumble over, but f*ck man, it's sooooooooo annoying

CTF and ONS = Point Whores

Comment

definately not - it starts with you suddenly getting killed always when in a 1-v-1 with another player and you never see the third man

you think it's wierd that when the 3rd player fires on your '1-v-1 fight', YOU always die, never the other guy... after a while you suspect it cant be coincidence, then you catch them at it - this is on standard DM servers always.

Comment

I have seen this aswell, well if they all team up on you, have them make mistakes, lead them into one another or simple frag them both

Comment

Clanmembers/friends using TeamSpeak, right?

Comment

Dont take this badly but I have done this once before ... ( not on any servers you play on BTW)

My roommate is just learning to play UT, so he is a bit slow on the controls.

One day I got home and he was playing online, so I joined the server and every time he encountered someone I would wear them down from the side.

While they where fighting (without him knowing thus giving him a false sense of domination).

I did this because he really thought he was bad at the game and as far as I can see it , I gave him a bit of a confidence boost . (flame me all you want, I got my fire proof suit and a bag full of marshmallows)

it was funny as hell too :up:

Comment

Play 1on1s then

Comment

Teaming isn't allowed on my server, I've banned 2 clans for it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                  Teaming isn't allowed on my server, I've banned 2 clans for it so far.
                  Yeah, it's always the clanners. They'll swap sides to all be together (no matter how much it unbalances the teams) in team games, and they'll never shoot at each other on DM servers. Pretty classy, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by AoA Reclaimer
                    I have seen this aswell, well if they all team up on you, have them make mistakes, lead them into one another or simple frag them both
                    If you see two people not moving much (pretty much just circle strafing and jumping), fire a shock alt-fire in it, time it right, and detonate it and kill them both. Why did I quote Reclaimer, you ask? Cause I KNOW he LOVES the shock rifle.

Comment

I said dont take it badly , and that I only did it once im sorry and I feel ashamed :down:

Comment

I think you're imagining things. As for an explanation of why they're on par in 1on1, but better in FFA, there are many possible reasons. Here's a few:

1) Map control isn't nearly as much of a factor in FFA

2) They might be more of a defensive player; this would mean less deaths and more frags in FFA, while hardly affecting the score in 1on1.

3) They often frag from the sidelines, by destroying people preoccupied with an alternate opponent, as opposed to engaging in battle every single time.

4) Luck

Anyhow, I suppose it's possible, but not likely. Unless they're clanners, but even then, I doubt it's intentional... probably habit. Btw, Reclaimer... if you can, IM me on AIM (viraxxpro), I'd like to set up a 1on1 with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                          1) Map control isn't nearly as much of a factor in FFA
                          I agree but if you have constant control of the 100 and DD then the rest generally takes care of itself. On several occasions Ive noticed that players on a FFA have little concern with getting the 100 or DD on a timed basis. Ive timed both and came out very well on numerous occasions. I agree that it isnt, as you said, as big a factor as it is in 1v1 but it can help greatly.:up:

Comment

You know what, cry me a **** river.

In general its a very smart choice to shoot at a player already engaged in a firefight, and the more people on him the smarter it is; he now has to divide his fire amongst more people, he can’t keep track of all of you and your shots, and odds are he is weak and near death, it’s a very smart tactic to employ.

What should people do?

Gee golly whiz, here is this easy injured target that has his hands full and is an easy frag, let me not kill him. Yeah that’s smart.

Yeah, it's always the clanners. They'll swap sides to all be together (no matter how much it unbalances the teams) in team games, and they'll never shoot at each other on DM servers. Pretty classy, eh?
                            Bullsh1t, that rarely happens.

Most of the time you won’t encounter clanners (at least from good clans) running around in pubs in hordes. Hell if I got 4 on it makes so much more sense to get a scrim than group up on a server.

As for deathmatch games, well that’s a blatant assumption to. I know I sure as hell get a kick out of stealing my teammates kills, and shooting at them when they are out numbered and picking on them (leading to much cursing and hilarity on teamspeak). I got much more pleasure fragging somebody from my clan, or a clan I know than some random person I probably won’t see again. The only time I have seen clanners gang up on people, is when it’s a friend. Hell I have no issue gaining up on a member from a buddy clan thats funny.

You guys need to quit blaming all the woes of the world on clanners. Or maybe clanners should start blaming the noobishness asshatry on servers on the non clanners.

Comment

Originally posted by Varion
                              I agree but if you have constant control of the 100 and DD then the rest generally takes care of itself. On several occasions Ive noticed that players on a FFA have little concern with getting the 100 or DD on a timed basis. Ive timed both and came out very well on numerous occasions. I agree that it isnt, as you said, as big a factor as it is in 1v1 but it can help greatly.:up:
                              True, but in this case, that's yet ANOTHER reason someone could be ahead in FFA, but not in 1on1. ;P

Anyhow Bin Drinkin', reaedy what Saito said... he said what I wanted to, but was too lazy to write.

Comment

Working...
                              X