• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: Try These system tweaks.

Originally posted by regniguy
    AVOID any website where the author feels obligated to post his mullet head
    No love for the mullet? **** you and the horse you rode in on. Be thankful he didn't have the Hulk Hogan skullet action..

Dicky B

ps- If you think one mullet is bad, watch a few minutes of Purple Rain, Buckaroo Banzai, MacGyver, or hell, anything made in the 80's. Every time I see one on a TV show or movie, I yell out "MULLET!" Play the drinking game. Anyway, I missed one last night, and The Woman yelled it for me. That's why we're still together. That, and if I'm in the kitchen and there's boobage on TV, she'll yell "BOOBS" for me. Yep.. She's a keeper.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just like Freezerburn, I've been checking Black Viper's site for years. His guides are great, and chances are if you come across another WinXP tweak guide, it was based on BV's work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The effect on my UT2k4 performance was massive :bulb: (haven't tried other games yet). I had done some of the tweaks that was there already, but found some new ones too.
    Be sure to check these out, even if he has a mullet .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    after you do stuff he says to do, you really can see a diff..

ive been using that site for a while now, and i love it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Try These system tweaks.

4 points

1. the mullet
    2. more importantly the narcistic nature of someone feeling obligated to post a picture of them on a tech page - who gives a sheet.
    3. the site is noobish, so this thread belongs in that forum
    4. wake up dude/dudette, the world revolves around visual queues.

Originally posted by Virax
    Avoid conversing with any person who feels obligated to insult people because of their looks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: Try These system tweaks.

Originally posted by regniguy
    Avoid conversing with any person who feels obligated to insult people because of their looks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I printed Black Vipers service guides for XP and 2000. I keep them handy. I have been using them for years. I recommend this to anyone. I use my system for a variety of things and I only use the "Safe" configuration. Works very well though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    uh, maybe if you are neophyte

Originally posted by Hexx Da Millian
    Ya mullets are for queers but the site is chalk full of goodies

Leave a comment:

• replied
    these tweaks are so standard!
    all things i known i known since win 98 win 95
    me!

even xp

anyway best solve is more ram!!
    disable auto run progz you not need
    disable eye candy (btw not really needed in some case's it even starts slower)

run defrag once a week if got 120 gb or higher
    directly after clean install with drivers etc!

believe me your hdd is showing off all red
    and its bad! can lose lots off data that way

then again 1 tip cpu operate's best at 25c any lower does't mater much

-1 or 0 is kindy danger!

btw if got a nice balance between temps mean more performance!
    check out msconfig for fixing probz or disable a program from running

if cant clean a virus for example

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For those that have tried it, what are your results?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Try These system tweaks.

Originally posted by Mr_GutsfuX0r
    MULLET

Love the plumage on that sucker....:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hexx Da Millian
    follow this link http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

when you scroll down to the list of services and look at the 2nd column from the right you will notice the column that says gaming.
    As you can tell from my above post, I eventually found it. Thanks anyhow. :]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I've been looking for ten ****ing minutes. I don't seen any tweaks pertaining to gaming either. ;/
    follow this link http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

when you scroll down to the list of services and look at the 2nd column from the right you will notice the column that says gaming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some of his services tweaks are really stupid. If I had followed that by the book, I wouldn't be able to burn CDs, or connect to the internet...

Those configurations may be suitable for him, but definately not for all gamers.
    well the fix for that is quite simple. if you need a service than dont disable it, DUUUHHHH!!!

you obviously didn't read his article very carefully.

i have the cd-burning type service disabled because that service is only inherent to windows and will not effect 3rd party cd/dvd buring programs.

also there is nothing in the services page about disabling anything that will not allow you to connect to the internet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some of his services tweaks are really stupid. If I had followed that by the book, I wouldn't be able to burn CDs, or connect to the internet...

Those configurations may be suitable for him, but definately not for all gamers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X