Try These system tweaks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try These system tweaks.

My system isn't the best but its ok, my video card is my bottle neck, its only a gf4 mx440 w/128mb. i have a DFi nForce ultra II w/ an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ @333mhz, 2x256mb dual channel ddr @ 333mhz.

I tried these tweaks and my avg fps went from 20 to 30fps.

i highly recomened these site to everyone, even if your system is TOP OF THE LINE you will still see a huge increase in performance.

i followed the tweaks to a "T" for a gaming rig, seeing as thats all i do with my rig is play games.

www.blackviper.com click the articles link on the upper left of the main page and enjoy

edit: okay since a few of you are lazy and cant seem to find what you need,i'll post a couple more direct links.
    http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/articles.htm this one will lead you to different articles for OS specific guides. for those of you running WinXP (home & Pro.) follows both of these links.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/supertweaks.htm

When you get to the part about disabling different services you dont need to follow it to a "T" like i did, if you are unsure of what a service is or think you may require it all you have to do is follow the link of said service and it will give an explanation of what the service is for and what it does, after that decide wether you want to disable it or not.

If you find this useful please post your results.

I seriously can't find any "gaming" tweaks there.
    Direct link plz.

Comment

Yeah, I've been looking for ten ****ing minutes. I don't seen any tweaks pertaining to gaming either. ;/

Comment

Re: Try These system tweaks.

Originally posted by Hexx Da Millian
        www.blackviper.com click the articles link on the upper left of the main page and enjoy

MULLET

Love the plumage on that sucker....:up:

Comment

Black Viper is just general system tweaks. They're great. For specific gaming tweaks, try this:

Gaming tweaks

Comment

More game tweaks:
            www.tweakguides.com
            includes the oft-linked UT2k4 guide.

Comment

I think he meant these

They are good tweaks also

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/supertweaks.htm

Comment

Some of his services tweaks are really stupid. If I had followed that by the book, I wouldn't be able to burn CDs, or connect to the internet...

Those configurations may be suitable for him, but definately not for all gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                  Some of his services tweaks are really stupid. If I had followed that by the book, I wouldn't be able to burn CDs, or connect to the internet...

Those configurations may be suitable for him, but definately not for all gamers.
                  well the fix for that is quite simple. if you need a service than dont disable it, DUUUHHHH!!!

you obviously didn't read his article very carefully.

i have the cd-burning type service disabled because that service is only inherent to windows and will not effect 3rd party cd/dvd buring programs.

also there is nothing in the services page about disabling anything that will not allow you to connect to the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                    Yeah, I've been looking for ten ****ing minutes. I don't seen any tweaks pertaining to gaming either. ;/
                    follow this link http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

when you scroll down to the list of services and look at the 2nd column from the right you will notice the column that says gaming.

Comment

follow this link http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

when you scroll down to the list of services and look at the 2nd column from the right you will notice the column that says gaming.
                      As you can tell from my above post, I eventually found it. Thanks anyhow. :]

Comment

Re: Re: Try These system tweaks.

AVOID any website where the author feels obligated to post his mullet head

Originally posted by Mr_GutsfuX0r
                        MULLET

Love the plumage on that sucker....:up:

Comment

For those that have tried it, what are your results?

Comment

these tweaks are so standard!
                            all things i known i known since win 98 win 95
                            me!

even xp

anyway best solve is more ram!!
                            disable auto run progz you not need
                            disable eye candy (btw not really needed in some case's it even starts slower)

run defrag once a week if got 120 gb or higher
                            directly after clean install with drivers etc!

believe me your hdd is showing off all red
                            and its bad! can lose lots off data that way

then again 1 tip cpu operate's best at 25c any lower does't mater much

-1 or 0 is kindy danger!

btw if got a nice balance between temps mean more performance!
                            check out msconfig for fixing probz or disable a program from running

if cant clean a virus for example

Comment

uh, maybe if you are neophyte

Ya mullets are for queers but the site is chalk full of goodies

Comment

Working...
                              X