Vehicles and assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicles and assault

just wondering, how 'vehicle heavy' do you like assaultmaps?

As in RobotFactory. Different vehicles at different objectives, and variety is alwasy good.

Comment

There are more Assault maps with vehicles than without.
      I am striving for a few more on-foot only maps where you need to figure out some cool jumps to be able to use shortcuts and such.

Convoy is very rich with jump opportunities, and to me it's the best map because of that.

Comment

as much vehicles as possible ..what's assault without vehicles? I hate walking
        But not when vehicles are part of objectives (Glacier/Junkyard) this creates madness, spawn platform campers!

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
          There are more Assault maps with vehicles than without.
          I am striving for a few more on-foot only maps where you need to figure out some cool jumps to be able to use shortcuts and such.

Convoy is very rich with jump opportunities, and to me it's the best map because of that.
          yup thats also my point.. the fun about assault is that you find some tricks or new ways to attack/reach an objective...and I mis that on the vehicle assault maps..

I'm not saying the vehiclemaps like AS-confexia or thrust suck.. they are very good (confexia is my favourite costum map) but not the kind off assault maps I like to see..

Comment

I prefer no vehicles to use but, with vehicles you can shoot down those vehicle whores :P. What would be really cool is to have every vehicle in one assault map. Space fighting, ground combat with vehicles, then indoor weapon to weapon combat. I would like to make something like that except i don't know jack squat about the Unreal editor.

Comment

*bumperdeebump*

Comment

I do love a couple of vehicles in assault maps. Too many can ruin the gameplay. If there are few vehicles in a map (one or two), they should be on the attackers side as the attackers are supposed to have some kind of advantage.
                This is unlike those racing maps where there are hundreds of vehicles available but they do fit into those maps and make a fun gameplay. Personally, my favorite is few vehicles but I would say everything depends on the map. The number of vehicles should grow with the map size.

Comment

Enough vehicles so they're of some use, not so many that it looks like a used car lot out there and herds of them sit unused the entire match because there's no point in them being there to begin with.

I think it's also a good idea to put the big, slow, powerful vehicles closer to the power core, or otherwise relatively remote from the 'center of the board' so the advantage of having them tends to accrue to a team that's getting pushed back a bit.

Comment

As i said before, vehicles should be limeted to support roles or game specific objectives (junkyard, glacier) What i mean by a support role is for example: The attackers get a goliath and the defenders ahve a bunch of turrets, the goliath is meant to be there to take care of the turrets, not the players (robotfactory)

Comment

Originally posted by blh
                      Enough vehicles so they're of some use, not so many that it looks like a used car lot out there and herds of them sit unused the entire match because there's no point in them being there to begin with.

I think it's also a good idea to put the big, slow, powerful vehicles closer to the power core, or otherwise relatively remote from the 'center of the board' so the advantage of having them tends to accrue to a team that's getting pushed back a bit.
                      we're talking about assault

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
                        As i said before, vehicles should be limeted to support roles or game specific objectives (junkyard, glacier) What i mean by a support role is for example: The attackers get a goliath and the defenders ahve a bunch of turrets, the goliath is meant to be there to take care of the turrets, not the players (robotfactory)
                        Players can take out the turrents in less time with less death spam with the Goliath as a support vehicle suppressing foot troops.
                        Regerdless of how you play it, its a pretty good setup.

I like the idea more of comination use, stand trigger, and destroyable objectives using a few vehicles. I dont like AS-Jailbreak, Hellbender Race type maps. AS-Confexia is an exception to me cuz its new, realistic, and you actually do better on foot in most cases. Its a great vehicle support map.

Comment

Lots of vehicles. The only thing i don't like about that is when they're all gone/ hogging problems.

vvv Read sig vvv

Comment

as long as the map is balanced - with or without vehicles and is fun...then I don't really care...my map will feature the first two objectives that are pure running/walking and after that both teams will get access to vehicles...with the exception of one objective that requires the hellbender to cross you don't have to use the vehicles at all and the map isn't really that big for walking either...what I don't like to see is vehicles that take some 3 or so times of respawning to kill...it's just annoying

Comment

Originally posted by : DX :-THeGAME
                              Players can take out the turrents in less time with less death spam with the Goliath as a support vehicle suppressing foot troops.
                              Regerdless of how you play it, its a pretty good setup.

But the goliath will absorb alot more damage than the sinfantry will. Get the point?

Comment

Working...
                              X