• replied
    we merged with KiA, who are you??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What happened to -LethaL- clan F-?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TomWithWeather
    My AMD64 3400+ runs flawlessly with all my hardware and software, which is still only 32bit. No bugs, no crashes. It is as fast, if not a little more so, as the comparible Pentium and was half the price. Combine that with my GeforceFX 5900 and 1 gig of Corsair RAM and I can play Farcry at max settings very comfortably. I built this computer for probably $1000 less than I would have if I had bought Intel.
    best avatar ever

especially in AS-Cirban

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the 3400+ is inflated, no one buys that. We didn't see the unthusiests complaining about the 3200+ 400FSB CPU being inflated a year ago, because we all knew it would eventually come down. And the motherboards are a lot cheapier. I was going to go 3.2.Ghz P4 w/ 875 chipset that was going to cost me $460, whereas I actually purchased the 3200+ when it was kinda inflated, however I still only paid $435, now my parts can be had for less. And intel's for the same, or more if you are looking for a northwood

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how much is the price difference?

I just went onto pricewatch and the price diff between a 64 3400 and a P4 3.4 is 9 bux.. ($390) Last I remember they were roughly comparable.. some games and apps one wins, some game and apps the other wins..

Originally posted by Turambar
    Well, it is your money to waste. But unless you are using encoding apps optimized for SSE2 there is just no reason to pay Intel's premium prices for an equal or lower performing product (gaming-wise). With the money I saved on my non-Intel CPU I was able to get a better PSU, RAM, and video card.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zer0kewl
    yes i want but no amd intell all the way
    Well, it is your money to waste But unless you are using encoding apps optimized for SSE2 there is just no reason to pay Intel's premium prices for an equal or lower performing product (gaming-wise). With the money I saved on my non-Intel CPU I was able to get a better PSU, RAM, and video card.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not saying don't go 64 bit cause the 64 bit althlons are great value (I think the 3000+ is meant to be a great o/c as well), but don't listen to everything people say.
    The 32 bit memory limit of 4 gig will not be a problem for the life of your new machine, by the time you need more then that the machine will be too old to play the games that need it.
    The 64 bit o/s will probably be out next year, however if it's anything like the switch from 16 to 32 bit I wouldn't want to use it for a year or two. There's a pretty good chance that anything you want to run not specifically tested and updated to run on a 64 bit o/s won't work properly - games are particularly likely to fluff up, so even though 64 bit windows will be new, trendy and slightly faster, it will probably just cause you grief.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ATI 64 bit drivers

ATI does have a 64 beta driver set available at the web site

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Go AMD for what he just said about 32bit performance and then rest easy that you WILL see slightly better performance gains with PCIexpress and 64bit game clients next year when games truly use the hardware and 64bit operating system. AMD gives more bang for the buck today and will provide better upgrade paths for next generation games due out this fall and next year. That alone is more money saved. After reading about Intels current overclock locks the answer is easy for gamers, its AMD Athlon 3800 when prices come down. Still waiting for a kickass chipset and mobo though since Nforce really doesn't thrill me that much. I'm hoping Abit pulls an ace personally....

Not to mention OCing ability without hinderance........

WTF are you thinking Intel? I'm not a fanboy, and I realize that the enthusiast crowd isn't the top priority, but do they realize that most gamers are overclockers and can generate huge negative press on tech sites even n00bs go too?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SwellFello
    Here is an article off FiringSquad that just went up today...it is right on point! (benchmarks latest Intel chips vs AMD Athlons)

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...pentium_4_560/

Yep, Athlon FX (64-bit) is best for gaming right now
    This is a good review of the new P4 motherboard CHIPSET! Not the processors. However the benchmarks still show that even with the faster memory, the Athlon 64 fx-53 kicks intels butt for games. Except for the Q3 engine, however it trails the P4 EE by only 4/5 fps where the P4EE is far below the FX53 on the other gaming tests. DON'T FORGET, THIS IS 32BIT PERFORMANCE!

ALL THIS AND THE ATHLONS ARE CHEAPER!

If your going top of the line, stick with the AMD and the new NForce3 250GB motherboard chipset. The only drawback is the lack of PCI Express.

If your not a top of the line gamer. Forget 32/64 bit and concentrate on the benchmarks for the processors you CAN afford. Don't go AMD64 just because it's 64bit, go for it if the 32bit performance outstrips the same price Intel or if they are same price and same performance, go for the 64bit chip. If it's a small stretch for the 64bit chip I would suggest going for it if there is no performance drop running 32bit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Turambar
    You are thinking last decade / last century / last millennium. Why do you think 64-bit chips are used in servers? Because they are fast. Don't you want to have a fast computer?
    yes i want but no amd
    intell all the way
    but kindy waiting for something

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have no idea what other ppl think I just know what I play on.

These are the specs I have that make me bench insanely high, get the 85FPS cap in ONS, and over 150+ in DM playing at 1600x1200 on holy **** details, while running a DM server in the background:

Athlon64 3200+
    ASUS K8v Delxue
    GeForce FX 5900
    1GB OCZ PC3200

So am I looking forward to putting my CPU into a 64bit mode? No. lol I have no need for it, but I do like its 32bit performance, I would recommend the A64 for 32bit apps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As others have said:

Wait

Leave a comment:

Working...
X