Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zer0kewl
    yes i want but no amd intell all the way
    Well, it is your money to waste But unless you are using encoding apps optimized for SSE2 there is just no reason to pay Intel's premium prices for an equal or lower performing product (gaming-wise). With the money I saved on my non-Intel CPU I was able to get a better PSU, RAM, and video card.

Comment

how much is the price difference?

I just went onto pricewatch and the price diff between a 64 3400 and a P4 3.4 is 9 bux.. ($390) Last I remember they were roughly comparable.. some games and apps one wins, some game and apps the other wins..

Originally posted by Turambar
      Well, it is your money to waste. But unless you are using encoding apps optimized for SSE2 there is just no reason to pay Intel's premium prices for an equal or lower performing product (gaming-wise). With the money I saved on my non-Intel CPU I was able to get a better PSU, RAM, and video card.

Comment

the 3400+ is inflated, no one buys that. We didn't see the unthusiests complaining about the 3200+ 400FSB CPU being inflated a year ago, because we all knew it would eventually come down. And the motherboards are a lot cheapier. I was going to go 3.2.Ghz P4 w/ 875 chipset that was going to cost me $460, whereas I actually purchased the 3200+ when it was kinda inflated, however I still only paid $435, now my parts can be had for less. And intel's for the same, or more if you are looking for a northwood

Comment

Originally posted by TomWithWeather
          My AMD64 3400+ runs flawlessly with all my hardware and software, which is still only 32bit. No bugs, no crashes. It is as fast, if not a little more so, as the comparible Pentium and was half the price. Combine that with my GeforceFX 5900 and 1 gig of Corsair RAM and I can play Farcry at max settings very comfortably. I built this computer for probably $1000 less than I would have if I had bought Intel.
          best avatar ever

especially in AS-Cirban

Comment

What happened to -LethaL- clan F-?

Comment

we merged with KiA, who are you??

Comment

I am No One...Many

Comment

umm okay

Comment

Working...