How is EAX implemented. Is it per map or an engine thing that is inherited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is EAX implemented. Is it per map or an engine thing that is inherited

when certain features etc.. are used in map. I'm just curious how EAX is integrated into the game.

Mine seems to work regardless of what map or even what game Im playing! :weird:

Dunno if Ive set it up wrong but its cool anyway, I love it

Comment

Originally posted by pyrothekilla200
      Mine seems to work regardless of what map or even what game Im playing! :weird:

Dunno if Ive set it up wrong but its cool anyway, I love it
      are you setting it ingame or forcing some EAX effects through the creative drivers?

Comment

i'm kindy wondering wich eax vision ut2k4 uses
        eax 1 2 or 3 or 4

Comment

I dont even switch it on when I play, ok the taskbar is at the top of my screen but I always turn the effects off before playing yet I can still hear stuff in 3D:weird:

Comment

As far as i know UT2004 uses EAX 3.0

Comment

They were talking about getting 2.0 support in 2k4, as well as 3.o, but that obviously never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
                They were talking about getting 2.0 support in 2k4, as well as 3.o, but that obviously never happened.
                2K4 has some sort of EAX support cause I hear it, and they claim to be a featured game on the creative website

Comment

Originally posted by audi2honda
                  2K4 has some sort of EAX support cause I hear it, and they claim to be a featured game on the creative website
                  I meant that they were talking about including 2.0 suport in addition to 3.0, but it didn't happen.

We only have 3.0 still

Comment

eax effects is set in the map's zone properties under ZoneSound...from there you pick the effect you want that zone to have...there's quite a few of them...as for what version of eax ut2k4 uses I would think it'd use eax 3...

Comment

Originally posted by PointlesS
                      eax effects is set in the map's zone properties under ZoneSound...from there you pick the effect you want that zone to have...there's quite a few of them...as for what version of eax ut2k4 uses I would think it'd use eax 3...

Do most mappers bother to use these features? CBP quality maps i mean?

Comment

I think I heard EAX effects once, in the lava pits in Deck 17. never again, though

Comment

i hear the goo gun say blup blup blup!
                          and then a splash goo skill!

Comment

That 1on1pack had a few maps with overly noticable effects. DM-Sae really has some bigass reverb.

Comment

EAX effects :

Asbestos, Lightning Gun Room has reverb/echo.

Comment

Working...
                              X