Daggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daggers

I am getting extremely ****** how daggers are being treated in chaosut2k4. In duel mode they are constantly being called a newbish weapon that take no skill to wield. Frankly, this insinuation is all wrong. Daggers are one of the weapons that takes the most skill to use for multiple reasons.

1) Daggers have no range. The only way to actually hit somebody is to be right next to them or right on the side of them. People claim that all you have to do is lunge, but this can easily be avoided.

2) Daggers have no defense. If an attack is coming straight at you, the chances are that you are going to be hit or maybe killed. This is a factor that many people overlook before calling the daggers a newb weapon.

3) The main reason daggers are called newbish is because that if you are fortunate to get an attack off the damage could be lethal (even if you are in medium stance). This is because the daggers are capable of multiple attacks and if held on an opponent long enough will surely kill him.

Pretty much it comes down to daggers having no range or defense, but dealing lots of damage. That fits seeing as if the damage was reduced the daggers would be rendered useless.

I hope that by reading this the criticisms of daggers will be greatly reduced as they are becoming extremely annoying.

The point of this thread was? You want us to all say... "Yeah you are right!!!!!" ? :weird: Im lost...

Comment

what is a dagger and were can you get one

Comment

Funny that this thread and this thread popped up in the same day.

Comment

Bah, i can't stand when people call weapons noob weapins. It's all good, they're all fun, just ignore the weapon haters.

Comment

Slow motion headshots with the huge mace rock.

*SPLAT!* Now if only they would get a better announcer voice for it.

Comment

Yes i hate the chaos announcer too.

Comment

lol i looked at that link and the poster is sparticus man whorus. He is one of the main people who ticked me off into writing this post by constantly complaining that daggers where cheap and that I was a dagger *****, let alone he was a katana *****. He may post again today as he yells at me every time we are in the same server for no apparent reason.

Thats ironic that that happened in the same day, kinda makes me laugh.

Comment

Is the katana really the weapon with the shortest range?
                  oh well, i find myself highly proficient with the katana, ******* sword and daggars.
                  even againsed GODLIKE bots (there so much fun to play againsed a enemy that is at least half as intelligent as i am)

the only thing i find spammy about the daggars is that they attack twice, but thats minor.

what is a dagger and were can you get one
                  you get them from chaosUT

Comment

Originally posted by Tu(n)a_335
                    lol i looked at that link and the poster is sparticus man whorus. He is one of the main people who ticked me off into writing this post by constantly complaining that daggers where cheap and that I was a dagger *****, let alone he was a katana *****. He may post again today as he yells at me every time we are in the same server for no apparent reason.

Thats ironic that that happened in the same day, kinda makes me laugh.
                    Whiners get banned on my server, especially when they are nasty to other plays and try to tell them how to play the game. (I hate that)

Comment

I like pie.:up:

Comment

I still need to try some of the weapons I didnt know I had:bulb:

FLAK I got that texture file if you want it

Comment

Flak said it best. I can't stand when a weapon is called a noob weapon. And I hate when others try to tell you how to play. If a weapon is there and you can use it... use it if you want to... otherwise stfu. (I added the stfu part )

Comment

Originally posted by Dis Skillz
                            I like pie.:up:
                            Daggers are a noob pie slicing weapon though... use the axe :bulb:

Comment

Working...
                            X