What kinda servers do players want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kinda servers do players want?

OK, if I would make a server, I would like it to be a popular server (as anybody would like to).

I would've to choose the gametype, mutators (I would not take IG or LowGrav), blablabla...

Post here what would you like me to put on my server!

Now im my mind is a 16- or 32-player ONS-server with all stock-maps, ONS-Icarus, ONS-Aridoom, ONS-Ascendancy and no mutators.

****!
    I selected ONS instead of Assault

well then again ONS is very popular.

Comment

I'll use my vote as your AS then so I don't have to click "Show results".

Comment

I would have voted Jailbreak or ChaosUT 2.

We need more of those, don't we?

Comment

No IG, Low grav this sounds ok for a BR server. There are more than enough ONS servers out there, I have a hard time finding good variety of servers for other gametypes.

Comment

Custom ONS maps (good ones only )

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
              I would have voted Jailbreak or ChaosUT 2.

We need more of those, don't we?
              Good call:up:

Comment

TDM
                Theres loooooads of ONS servers, its rare I can find a decent TDM server that doesn't have a 12 player limit with maps like TrainingDay and Serpentine in the map rotation :bulb:

Comment

It depends if you want to have a server to satisfy the players, or a server that is gonna be played on.

I have never ever played mutant online because there are no servers [with reasonable ping] running it. There are like 5 servers total and the lowest ping one is 350 or so. For me it would be great with a mutant server I could play on. That doesn't mean I would play on it all the time (I dont even know if I'll even like mutant!) but it would be great to have it as an option in case I felt like playing it.

What I play most frequently is CTF, but there are already lots of servers running that and luckily I have no problems finding a match there.

So, if your server was the only one in the world, I'd say CTF, but since you are adding your server to a pool of existing ones I'd want something more rare that not many servers run. Out of those options I'd say DD or BR.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenOath
                    TDM
                    Theres loooooads of ONS servers, its rare I can find a decent TDM server that doesn't have a 12 player limit with maps like TrainingDay and Serpentine in the map rotation :bulb:
                    Right.Best would be: TDM Server,ttm( for warm up),8 slots(that´s right,not much but good ppl prefer smaller servers,the good default maps(no rankin :cry: ),the CBP2 maps,only very good custom maps besides CBP2(cuz ppl don´t like dling maps if they rnt good),no strange mutators like lowgrav or speed,kickiddler function,mapvote,kickvote and no weaponstay.<---- perfect server,I´ll add it to my favourites in 0.0003 ms cuz it´s teh r0xx0r!

edit: plz no ONS,there are too much ons servers out there :cry:
                    I get like 10 tdm servers with ping under 100 :down:

PLZ TDM :cry:

Comment

Oh yea, if you're going to be running "heavy" maps (that take a long time to load, like ONS or AS), please make them 2-3 rounds long before the next map!
                      I load maps pretty slow, it really sucks to join in when my team has already done half the objectives. That's why I love it when a new round can start without me having to load up the map again.

Careful with custom content that I have to download. If there is like a 10 meg file that downloads 0.1% a second, I'm out, no question about it. I think most of us has CBP installed tho.

And don't forget kickvote to get rid of those idlers

Comment

DeathMatch/TeamDeathMatch 5 19.23%
                        Onslaught 8 30.77%

plz,whatever you do,no ONS.Way too much ons servers out there:down: :down: :sulk: :down: :down:

Comment

InstaGib CTF, normal gravity. Not that there is a luck of those, but one more never hurts :heart: happens quite often that they are overfilled.

Comment

OK, I've gotten some information at the Administration forum and I'm bouncing between ONS (16- /32-player) and TDM (12- /16-player)... I'm thinking the map-rotation for the TDM-server if I host that...

FYI it's gonna be ( if I ever host it ) located in scandinavia (Finland).

Comment

My Favorite servers are the ones that work at Hooters and have the biggest

[TST]

Comment

Working...
                              X