Improved Sniper Rifle (Mutator & embedding method) for classic maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improved Sniper Rifle (Mutator & embedding method) for classic maps

Improved Sniper Rifle is a mutator (also can be embedded in maps instead) that changes some attributes of the Classic Sniper Rifle to make it balanced better.

From the readme:

Changes to Sniper Rifle:
    -Now does 70 damage like the lightning gun, instead of 60.
    -Weapon switch times are about the same as the lightning gun.
    -Removed smoke puff.
    -Adds a little push when you get shot similiar to UT99's sniper rifle.

Installation instructions for installing this as a mutator on your server is located in the ImprovedSniperRifle.txt file. Also for the mappers who just want to embed the Improved Sniper Rifle in their map (like boots of jumping), directions for that are in there as well.

Download:
    http://teaminfamy.net/jedi/files/Imp...niperRifle.zip

Re: Improved Sniper Rifle (Mutator & embedding method) for classic maps

Originally posted by Outsiders71
    Improved Sniper Rifle is a mutator (also can be embedded in maps instead) that changes some attributes of the Classic Sniper Rifle to make it balanced better.

From the readme:

Changes to Sniper Rifle:
    -Now does 70 damage like the lightning gun, instead of 60.
    -Weapon switch times are about the same as the lightning gun.
    -Removed smoke puff.
    -Adds a little push when you get shot similiar to UT99's sniper rifle.[/url]
    How is that better balanced? It's pretty **** well balanced already.

Comment

Re: Re: Improved Sniper Rifle (Mutator & embedding method) for classic maps

Originally posted by Boksha
      How is that better balanced? It's pretty **** well balanced already.
      It's not balanced.

Classic Sniper:
      -60 damage per shot
      -Massive delay when switching weapons
      -Smoke Puff

Lightning Gun:
      -70 damage per shot
      -No massive delay when switching weapons
      -No smoke puff

"I do love the sniper rifle but since Epic chooses to "balance" it by making it weaker than the LG and add a delay when switching weapons, I'd rather see the LG used for this map too." -[Z]Moose

"Okay, I think I will replace the Classic sniper with the Lightning Gun - it seems everyone prefers this weapon (I do to, bloody delay AND smoke, it's hopeless...). I just stuck it in there because of the "classic" thing, and that the other -classic- remakes had the classic sniper aswell. " -SpoonDog (CTF-Lavagiant-Classic author)

That is the general opinion of the current sniper rifle.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Improved Sniper Rifle (Mutator & embedding method) for classic maps

Originally posted by Outsiders71
        That is the general opinion of the current sniper rifle.
        Ya got my vote. Sounds like this mute gives the sniper some teeth, I'm all for it. :up:

Comment

keep the smioke puff but make it not obscure the view throuigh the scope.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Improved Sniper Rifle (Mutator & embedding method) for classic maps

Originally posted by Discord
            Ya got my vote. Sounds like this mute gives the sniper some teeth, I'm all for it. :up:
            Thanks. Hopefully map authors who are interested in using the sniper rifle instead of the LG will consider embedding the improved sniper rifle into their map so there's no need for the mutator to be running on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
              keep the smioke puff but make it not obscure the view throuigh the scope.
              Eeeh... I could see how maybe this version of the sniper would be a prob in ONS, what with the ranges involved and all. Can't say for sure as I don't play a lot of ONS.

For DM and CTF it's just what the doctor ordered, though. One less weapon for me to have to throw. :haha:

Comment

We're running spoon's sniper mod http://www.spoonware.org.

I REALLY don't like the settings for the stock 2k4 sniper. Congrats on the mod!

Comment

Weee! :up:

Comment

ffs always people are whinning, play the game how it mean to be played or some....
                    but this is a mut so no biggie

Comment

the UT2k4SR in its stockform is the ghey brother in a tutu compared to the UT99SR, however the UT99SR was a bit to much mussle....

Comment

Originally posted by CatShaver
                        the UT2k4SR in its stockform is the ghey brother in a tutu compared to the UT99SR, however the UT99SR was a bit to much mussle....
                        Yeah, UT99 version was a bit of a whoregun. You should check this one out though, it feels pretty nice.

Comment

Awesome mod Outsiders71!

Comment

Originally posted by Discord
                            Yeah, UT99 version was a bit of a whoregun. You should check this one out though, it feels pretty nice.
                            although i take your word for it, i would like to see the stock 2K4SR beeing changed, because using the mut will get me only 1-10 servers, not to mention league play, so its just comes down to cheating myself and losing the feel if there is any with the present 2K4SR...hence the pain :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by X202X
                              Awesome mod Outsiders71!
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X