wow that's the last time i answere questions... :bulb:

Comment

Looks like Kev got

Comment

Originally posted by Raz
        Looks like Kev got
        HAHAHA :up:

Comment

Server Side Demo: Recorded on a server, (you know, those things in that lil online server browser list, you connect and play on them) If a demo is recorded on that server, or any server, you can freely move around and spectate players.

Client Side Demo: Demo recorded on your computer (you join a server (see server definition above) and hit tilde (~) key and type demorec asshat) These demos will only have your view. No spectating, no switching to other players. Deal with it.

Idiot Side Demo: See Also (Kev5n24)

Converter: There are no direct .dem to .avi convertors. Use fraps or a similar screen recording application to make record the demo to an avi file.

GLHFR374RD

Comment

Originally posted by Invalid user ID

GLHFR374RD
            That´s; Good luck have fun ******. :haha:

Comment

Kev = ****ing retarted newbie.

Comment

Enough of the ganging up already,i believe Kev must have had one of those temporarily insane moments.
                If he just admits to that i´ll be happy to switch team and frag all you others asses!

Comment

Kev does need a lesson in politeness, but lets leave that for now.

A demo is basically a network stream, which contains stuff like 'player x changed direction', 'player y pressed fire' and so on. Its NOT possible, in any way, to view a demo except from within the game (or from within something developed upon the UT2003 engine).

However, with some apps like fraps you can make an .avi from a demo, but you need to realize that the movie made will be maybe 100 times as big, and then you will have a rather bad quality.

But to answer your first question: no, there is no demo manager for UT2003 that can perform fast forward and similar stuff. There will be a demo manager in UT2004 though, which will support atleast some of those features. Exactly what remains to be seen, but pause and fastforward will be available.

/Kronon

PS: a server demo will let you switch to any player and switch between first person and third person. It will also allow you to fly around free.

Comment

oops
                    sry, answered in a wrong thread

Comment

is there anything like fraps that is free? the fraps demo only allows 15 seconds....

for CS demos i have a program that takes every frame and puts them into a folder as a bmp

i then use ANOTHER program to change the bmps to jpegs

and then i use yet another to put the jpegs together.... there's no sound though... a program like fraps would be awesome since there's sound-- it's not worth paying money for though

Comment

Originally posted by EXIT_WOUND
                        for CS demos i have a program that takes every frame and puts them into a folder as a bmp

i then use ANOTHER program to change the bmps to jpegs
                        When playing back the dem file add the switch -recordmovie

for more info read: THIS

p.s. I didnt relise FRAPS now includes sound!! Probably is worth buying now :up: time to look at www.fraps.com :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Kev5n24
                          dude.... do u think im fukin retarded?
                          ***.hole. You are fukin retarded.

Comment

KoS demo player

The clan Kill on Sight made a cool music video titled Attack the Alpha and after it there was an advertisemt for their KoS demo player. So far, I have not found it yet, it it exists...

Comment

Re: KoS demo player

Originally posted by Lopar-XL
                              The clan Kill on Sight made a cool music video titled Attack the Alpha and after it there was an advertisemt for their KoS demo player. So far, I have not found it yet, it it exists...
                              There is one on their site, click on this txt... its under the "other" section.. BUT the link is dead:down:

Comment

LOL.. well I saw their d/l page has various differnt links, so I chopped some of them apart and tried various combinations.

Guess what... this one works Kos Demo Player :weird:

AND I don't know if this has f/w etc I can't try it out till I get home... buts its called a demoplayer, its hosted on KOS.. so????:weird:

Comment

Working...
                                X