I need a demo player..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a demo player..

Is there such thing as a UT2003 demo player? So I could like fast forword, pause, rewind so on and so forth? Maybe a codec for Windows Media Player or something? Anything other then playing them back in the game is what I'm looking for..
    Anyone?

i'v seen a mut i think that does something like that

although a demo aint a movie it's a dump of netpackages so basicly you need to run it inside of UT2003 it would NOT work on WMP

go into ut2003 open the counsole and write demoplay "the demo's name".dem that works but it dont got ff rew & pause only continus flow ut2004 gonna have all of em but maybe lack flowing rew (instead it would be a backwards in time jump)

Comment

i think i need a dem convertor program. Something to take it to avi or mpeg or something..
      Anyone??

Comment

fraps or any other screendump program works

it basicly dumps the output to the screen into an video file =)

use google and search for "fraps"

Comment

thats not a converter....

Comment

Originally posted by Kev5n24
            thats not a converter....
            well it's the closest you can get since .dem aint a movie

a .dem file needs to be opend inside ut2003 and besides you have to move the mouse if you want to see the stuff that's intresting anyway

there is no program where u give it the dem and it gives u a mpg/avi UT2003 + fraps (or some other similar app) is the only way to go

Comment

Originally posted by Krille
              you want to see the stuff that's intresting anyway
              That only works if its a single player demo recorded... one recorded from a server will only show you what was looked at when it was recorded.. and it CAN be done because we've all downloaded demos of us2003 b4 it was out and they were in avi or mpeg format...

Comment

as said you can make a .dem into a .mpg/.avi with fraps + UT2003

and no it's server demos that u can freely roam around while if a player records all you see is him + ppl around him

simply play the demo in ut2003 and have fraps rolling: bingo a mpg/avi file... :bulb:

Comment

dude.... do u think im fukin retarded? you much cuz im doing it right now and YOU CAN NOT look around in a demo recorded on a public server.. you also can switch from player to play or just fly around like you CAN when you record a demo of a single player game.. DO IT yourself befor you say twice u can when i'm telling yea you can't!

Comment

dude.... do u think im fukin retarded?
                    Well, I do now.

Comment

Kev, you probably should think about what other people are ACTUALLY saying before you rant and rave and act stupid.

A server-side demo is one that is recorded ON THE SERVER. This demo can be moved around in, switched between any player, third person views, spectator mode, etc. The type of demo you are talking about i one that YOU record while YOU are on a server. Not the server itself. These demos can only be watched from first person from your perspective.

The avi movies released before UT2003 were made with a program similar to fraps that Epic owns (hell maybe it IS fraps.) and just basically rips avi movies from the game while you are playing. Then they have a movie guy clip them together with a program like Adobe Premier. This is also how all the fan made movies are made.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz
                        Kev, you probably should think about what other people are ACTUALLY saying before you rant and rave and act stupid.

A server-side demo is one that is recorded ON THE SERVER. This demo can be moved around in, switched between any player, third person views, spectator mode, etc. The type of demo you are talking about i one that YOU record while YOU are on a server. Not the server itself. These demos can only be watched from first person from your perspective.

The avi movies released before UT2003 were made with a program similar to fraps that Epic owns (hell maybe it IS fraps.) and just basically rips avi movies from the game while you are playing. Then they have a movie guy clip them together with a program like Adobe Premier. This is also how all the fan made movies are made.

Comment

dude.... do u think im fukin retarded? you much cuz im doing it right now and YOU CAN NOT look around in a demo recorded on a public server.. you also can switch from player to play or just fly around like you CAN when you record a demo of a single player game.. DO IT yourself befor you say twice u can when i'm telling yea you can't!
                          heh:down:

geez the guy is giving you good advise and you say that...:down:

Comment

LOL :down: :weird: :down:

Comment

YOU CAN NOT look around in a demo recorded on a public server...
                              If a server is recording a demo, and you can then get hold of that demo, then yes; you can spectate it like you can do in an offline match.

The AVI/MPG demo’s you are talking about probably used these same server-demo-recording methods during their production process. Yes, you need to use FRAPS. Yes, you need to use software like Adobe Premiere to create an AVI/MPG out of the captured frames.

Comment

Working...
                              X