Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i compress files?

i dont mean buy zipping them.

i mean like high res-screenshots an other pics. i have a photobucket account but all my pics are just too big and have to be rescaled so it they get all pixelated is there any way to compress the file size?

Resave them as a gif or someother type that is smaller.

Comment

Open with paint,choose "save as" and save as a jpg.A 1024x768 jpg got about 22 kbs.

Comment

thanks guys, jus i wanna post in "weekend desktop"

Comment

Not a prob.

btw if you save it as a giff it will be a lot smaller but it will look a little lees...good but you can't realy tell a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by X202X
            Not a prob.

btw if you save it as a giff it will be a lot smaller but it will look a little lees...good but you can't realy tell a difference.
            lol, that would depend on the complexity of his wallpaper actually, a really nice looking image will look like **** in 256 colors

and by the way swirlymonkey, dont use photobucket for your desktop screenshots because they will scale and compress them (not to mention brand them) use the screenshot archive, they have no size limit, no signup, and nothing you upload will be modified in any way

www.screenshots.haque.net

My gallery on haque.net: http://screenshots.haque.net/screens...s/?&maxDisp=40

Comment

Working...
            X