Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear ONS public players: Please Link primary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear ONS public players: Please Link primary.

I have spectated this technique in various clangames but only was able to do it once myself, and it works like a charm:

If you don't have a vechile* and want to kill a node fast use Link Primary from a distance. The shots will take a while to reach the node, so the other team won't recognize it immediately.
    Now if one or (better) two people link up to increase link-primary's firepower the node is gone in no time. You can stop shooting before the first shots reach the node and go for capping the node yourself. Simple tactic, but nobody seems to do it.

So if you see someone with a link-primary hitting a node (from a distance or close)... ...help win the war and link up please.

*)For me it's still a vechile, vehicles are for n00bs

Re: Dear ONS public players: Please Link primary.

Originally posted by fuegerstef
    I have spectated this technique in various clangames but only was able to do it once myself, and it works like a charm:

If you don't have a vechile* and want to kill a node fast use Link Primary from a distance. The shots will take a while to reach the node, so the other team won't recognize it immediately.
    Now if one or (better) two people link up to increase link-primary's firepower the node is gone in no time. You can stop shooting before the first shots reach the node and go for capping the node yourself. Simple tactic, but nobody seems to do it.

So if you see someone with a link-primary hitting a node (from a distance or close)... ...halp win the war and link up please.

*)For me it's still a vechile, vehicles are for n00bs
    ya... i am ALWAYS lookin for people that have the link gun equipped... i think its perhaps one of the least used, but vital tools in the game... (linkin up for primary OR alt)... granted, yo usee people link at charging nodes, but it seems, too often, people think thats the only thing the gun is used for...

Comment

yeah its used in tdm a lot, useful down straight corridors

Comment

I have yet to have someone link with me for primary fire, but I actually got a "4" on my link icon while charging a node on a pub the other day, so people are definitely catching on. (the node was charged so quickly, I didn't have the chance to get a screenie.)

Comment

Originally posted by catphile
          I have yet to have someone link with me for primary fire, but I actually got a "4" on my link icon while charging a node on a pub the other day, so people are definitely catching on. (the node was charged so quickly, I didn't have the chance to get a screenie.)
          Now if people will cecognize that you can link primary too this game is getting better...

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
            Now if people will cecognize that you can link primary too this game is getting better...
            they probably do, but the link score system doesn´t help...

Comment

Even though it's a team game a lot of people care about their personal score. I think you'd see a lot more linking if the linker got to share in points when someone is killed or a node is built. The same goes for repairing turrets in AS. The MVP may be the guy sitting there linking the whole time, but at the end has a score of like 3.

Comment

Link Gun is more powerful than the mini gun, which is higher than it!

Link gun can kill in (i think) 4 hits on a person with 100 health

Comment

Originally posted by Chain-Lei
                  they probably do, but the link score system doesn´t help...
                  Yeah, too many players care for their personal score, but unfortunately DrSiN said that scoring for linking up players wouldn't be easy to do...

I will say it in the words of Heinrich Himmler*:

"You tell me you don't want to link that node? You are a murderer of our own people and of our own blood..."

*) No I am not right-winged at all, don't start politics here, I was just making a little fun.

Comment

A chained up linkgun primary is THE MOST powerful tool on Primeval.

Nuff said.

Comment

In every teamgame, I use the LinkGun in most situations and when a teammate has the LinkGun too, I'll stick with him/her...

Comment

Coupled with knowing that you can milk every weapon locker for 130 ammo instead of just 70, by dropping your link gun before walking over it...

The link gun = best weapon in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Foo
                          Coupled with knowing that you can milk every weapon locker for 130 ammo instead of just 70, by dropping your link gun before walking over it...

The link gun = best weapon in the game.
                          Agreed, good to hear that EPIC will get rid of the "catch own dropped weapon" bug/glitch/feature, since I throw it just the moment I walk over the locker and in very intense hectic games I catched several times loosing valuable seconds.

Comment

I think most people don't use their link guns to take down a node because they need to save that ammo for building it up.

Comment

You know, if linking TO a player didn't spend ammo, I don't think it would unbalance the game at all.

Since the penalty for linking to a player would be being unable to shoot yourself.

IMO that would be a nice tweak to the link.

Comment

Working...
                              X