Foul Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foul Language

Tonight I had a very disturbing experience. One of the players in a public server started using extremely foul language over the voice control. It increased in severity over the next few minutes. I'm no prude, but I finally typed to the guy to clean it up - I don't want my family hearing any of that.

My question is, what can be done about that type of behaviour? I mean, if it was typed into the console, I could deal with it or turn off the voice to speech feature. But when someone just starts hurling audible obscenities at you, there must be a way to block that person's voice. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Communication-mute player.There u go :up:

Comment

There's an option to ignore all speach fum a person in ut i think
      one of the tab in the Esc menu i think

Comment

I have tryed that...They then change there nick and i here them again...But it don't matter to me now cuz my mic is mute since i onnly play mostly dm

Comment

Get some headphones, if your only reason is because your family have virgin ears. get headphones. other than that mute them, vote kick etc.

Comment

Just turn off voice chat man

Comment

hit esc and the roster pops up - right click on their name and "ignore voice chat." The game would be hell nigh unplayable without that feature. It's fast once you get used to doing it. They don't know they're being ignored, so they don't sign on with a different nick to get to your speakers.

Comment

Re: Foul Language

Originally posted by ripcordtech
                Tonight I had a very disturbing experience. One of the players in a public server started using extremely foul language over the voice control. It increased in severity over the next few minutes. I'm no prude, but I finally typed to the guy to clean it up - I don't want my family hearing any of that.

My question is, what can be done about that type of behaviour? I mean, if it was typed into the console, I could deal with it or turn off the voice to speech feature. But when someone just starts hurling audible obscenities at you, there must be a way to block that person's voice. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
                Turn off voice chat. It's useless unless you're playing on a private server with people you know.

Comment

Say nasty, vulgar things right back at 'em... it always makes them stop... usually with a kind apology. :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by SealClubber
                    Just turn off voice chat man
                    is that really that hard to figure?

Comment

The blocking menu in ESC -> Communications blocks based on the players unique ID. Meaning they can't change name to circumvent it.

Even if you come across them a week later, I beleive it works. Not sure about that though. It might run on a per-server hash.

Comment

I'd also suggest contacting the server admin.. Be sure to have details like player name, date, map & etc..

Comment

Theres allways 1 lamer thats spoils the fun, do as .:vVv:.F£ÛFF¥ says and report him to the admin.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the great input - especially Catphile. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Turn your mic up full blast and scream at them to SHUT THE F K UP

Comment

Working...
                              X