Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"pre-loading" weapons.. bug or intended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"pre-loading" weapons.. bug or intended?

I seem to always accidentally come across bugs/glitches in games, I don't think this was intended.. but would like to find out. Let's say you have bio rifle and flak cannon in your weapon inventory: you charge bio to full and move highlighter over on top of flak(while still having bio held).. Then you pick up another flak cannon(not ammo, another same weapon as the one you have highlighted) then it automatically switches to that weapon instantly while you still have bio 'charged'.. So you could be fighting someone with flak then switch to bio real fast and boom it shoots a full load. Is this a bug and why hasn't it been fixed? This also works for shield cannon & rockets(any wep that is 'chargable'). Could give players a big advantage if they abused it. Running around with lg while having 3 rockets preloaded is pretty bad =\

yep, i get that to, it could be used to gain an advantage.

Comment

IMO, it's a bug... or at least not preferrable.

It should automatically release whatever goo or rockets you have loaded, when you switch to a different weapon.

Comment

if its a bug it shouldnt switch your weps while youre still holding the button.

Comment

i dont like the thought of having a loaded Bio/RL in my pants

i mean what if it goes of? :weird:

}iD{ & >ID< lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Krille
            }iD{ & >ID< lol..
            OMG - fakenickers!!111!one! I'm gonna tell Reap on you chaeters >:(

Comment

It's defenitly a bug, and it should either be removed, or enabled for people that have automatic weapon switching off. (that option is for idjits that don't know how to switch, anyway)

Comment

I never use autoswitch (does anyone?), so I can't see this bug, but I know I read about this bug a long time ago. The bug is that autoswitch should ofcourse not switch weapon if bFire or bAltFire is toggled on (i.e. you are pressing fire or altfire).

/Kronon

Comment

editted b/c im an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Kronon
                    I never use autoswitch (does anyone?), so I can't see this bug

/Kronon
                    I dont use autoswitch, but I always use the "charged-bio-in-tha-pocket" trick all the time. This trick works exactly as the thread owner described, but it doesn't work on every server. I did not try to figure out why but there must be a reason. It doesn't seem to be a "weaponstay on/off" problem since I do the bio-trick with both settings.

So Kronon, you CAN see this bug even if you play with autoswitch off (as we all do)

1. Charge bio
                    2. "Switch" (it wont switch, it will as soon as you release the altfire) to a weapon you own without releasing altfire
                    3. Walk over the weapon you "switched to".
                    4. Now you have a charged bio in your pocket, and the freedom to use every weapon in your inventory. As soon as you switch to bio again, the big goo ball will fire.

If anyone can figure out why it doesnt work on some servers, let me know.

Merkaba

oh, another goo bug on UT-1 :
                    1. load bio
                    2. feign death (without releasing altfire)
                    3. switch to minigun / pulse (dont release altfire!)
                    4. get up (keep the altfire pressed)

you will spray bullets like crazy, then when you release the altfire, a bio ball will fire out of your minigun/pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by BOGServer2003
                      IT'S NOT A FREAKIN BUG...

It's what raised the bar from UT1 > UT2k3 among other things.... the fast weapon switching is an art to get down pat.

I don't use piped-binds are any scripts to pull my weapons but if it wasn't for QUEUEING the weapons, UT2k3 would feel sluggish in weaponery... especially considering alot of the weapons are nerfed -- the combo kills using multiple weapons is f@#kin' awesome.

christ....

comb0KING
                      :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                        It's defenitly a bug, and it should either be removed, or enabled for people that have automatic weapon switching off. (that option is for idjits that don't know how to switch, anyway)
                        I dont use auto switch for my self and i can use that switch *bug* . because i have bind my weapons to keys try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                          Not really, it's for lazy people like me who don't wanna press another button when they pick up a better weapon

EDIT: Although it can mess me up sometimes, if I'm in the middle of a fight and I have an sr, and I pick up a flak cannon on accident it ruins my flow

Comment

Originally posted by BOGServer2003
                            IT'S NOT A FREAKIN BUG...

It's what raised the bar from UT1 > UT2k3 among other things.... the fast weapon switching is an art to get down pat.

I don't use piped-binds are any scripts to pull my weapons but if it wasn't for QUEUEING the weapons, UT2k3 would feel sluggish in weaponery... especially considering alot of the weapons are nerfed -- the combo kills using multiple weapons is f@#kin' awesome.

christ....

comb0KING
                            Congratulations! You just completely missed the point!

Comment

Its a bug, was reported a few months ago and vogel said it was fixed for the next patch most likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X