Current Standard Server Whitelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I believe the monster pack will not be added to the whitelist because it actually changes the gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump 2:sour:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump 1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I will keep pushing for this because it is really important.

Why can't Satores Monster Pack be added to this list? THis is actually pretty frustrating. Sudreal is the best invasion server on the net, and the only reason it didn't use Satore to begin with was because of this little list, making it harder to get new players and more people playing if they didn't know about the standard server box at the bottom of their screen. Now the best Invasion server is contemplating taking this awesome mutator out just because it needs more players. Please Please Please just put this mutator on the list.

I asked a question in the patch changelog forums about why Satore was not a default invasion setting...after all, the more monsters the better right? And why play invasion with Skaarj and not titans? The official Epic response I got was that it would take TOO much coding to make this mutator a standard option and "with a great mutator out there that does the work already what's the point?" Well, The point is to make it available to all players, not just the ones skilled enough to understand that the game comes with a filter to block out all mutators unless you check the box at the bottom. There is a Reason why we asked for this.

Look, I know that invasion is not the most popular gametype, but Epic made it part of the game. They "Sometimes" listen to the suggestions from the DM community on how to make that gametype better so why not listen to us now. I'll bet that there is not one invasion player that will disagree with me. Since waves are configurable, having this mutator means you have only the ability to gain and nothing to lose. If you don't like these monsters, you don't have to use them, but at least you have the "option" of using them if you want, and for us Invasion players who loved U1, the experience just isn't the same without the queen/titan/Merc. Remember that the Satore monster pack ONLY adds monsters that were in Unreal 1 but left out of Invasion. Just please put the Satore monster pack on the whitelist, and if you decide not to please explain to me with well warranted arguments why you will not. Then we can have a discussion. I will continue to bump this thread until I get a response.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sourcexx
    ... i'm now using fm2 and was never that happy before - default listing everywhere. we should all start using it .. maybe epic will finally wake up and remove the default server blabla.

rgds
    marc'O
    yes..fm2 is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by frogger187
    i think uadminmod by design has always hid itself..
    Well OLStats also "hides" itself, but the latest patch makes that hack not work anymore.

Oh, *smacks self* I'm not running the latest version on my server, so that's why it's still showing up as standard. So uhh, disregard my last post, because it's not relevant to people running the latest version..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ... i'm now using fm2 and was never that happy before - default listing everywhere. we should all start using it .. maybe epic will finally wake up and remove the default server blabla.

rgds
    marc'O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The big Head Mutator Made it But Satore Monster Pack didn't...Come on...:sour:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverloadUT
    I have a server up running OLStats and it appears on the standard list, so it looks like OLStats is now whitelisted.

Also, I am running UAdminMod, so perhaps that is now whitelisted as well?
    i think uadminmod by design has always hid itself..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a server up running OLStats and it appears on the standard list, so it looks like OLStats is now whitelisted.

Also, I am running UAdminMod, so perhaps that is now whitelisted as well?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    olstats whitelisted? don't think so ... got two servers running with latest olstats and still not showing up in the standart server list.

rgds
    marc'O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why isnt slomo corpses on that list ???? :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So low grav / quad jump / instagib with floaty corpses and bonus combos just isn't considered "standard" anymore? You guys are too conservative.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fyi..

added UTAN, OLStats and an IRC reporter bot to the white list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Current Standard Server Whitelist

Originally posted by Tropic
    what the hell? lol.
    Am I the only one who thinks this should not be on the list?

A server with Big Head is not what I call vanilla.
    Agreed.
    It's definitly not standard.

I vote for TTM being added to that list, as you can join a TTM server without ever noticing it's running TTM. (you're not playing at a disadvantage either as increased player brightness is on by default. You can't see the difference unless you're looking for it, or compare screenshots tho')

Leave a comment:

Working...
X