Current Standard Server Whitelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Included is UTExtra, which adds these back, but makes server non-standard.
    Well, isnt' that handy! I was wondering about support for the non-standard folks out there. Glad to see its still around! :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by groovyjoker
    UT2Vote Lite added back....
    Actually UT2Vote Lite is something different...it will be a simple voting interface only. UT2Vote 46 has all features, minus skins,hitsounds, and weaponshake... Included is UTExtra, which adds these back, but makes server non-standard.

but i agree 100% that without 'non-standard' servers, i'd never play this game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ut2vote added back
    UT2Vote Lite added back....

Why cant we get this or that added to the standard servers list? Because, as someome said earlier, Epic developers want newbies to experience the game as they created it, on standard servers, unmodified, clean, pristine (cough cough, like the demo)....

Now, one cannot help but wonder where this game would be without "nonstandard" servers and their nonstandard mods.

So, you have a choice. Experience it the way Epic wants you to play it, or, or, not.

Which way do you think the game should be played? Freedom of choice. You are the consumer. You bought the game. YOU have the power. :noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The power core volume mutator is on the whitelist. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Frogger
    that one for sure won't be. It was specifically mentioned as so..
    ya sucks. if bighead can be in, i see no problem with green skins that you can actually see. the devs feel differently however. if server admins would just enable the "use teamcolors" option then it would be a 100% better imo. and the other big issue they have is hitsounds. I think at least line of sight hitsound should be fine, it doesn't really change gameplay, just gives you more feedback about how much damage you're doing, what's wrong with that? I mean are you really supposed to guess? Lag can be a tricky thing, I don't think guessing should be required.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ut2vote added back

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ECE Bonus Pack Vehicles Replacer on whitelist?

Any chance that this http://ataricommunity.com/forums/sho...hreadid=414912 Mutator (ECE Bonus Pack Vehicles Replacer) makes it on the whitelist? It works much better then the EPIC Bonus Pack Vehicles Replacer and it can add the new bonus vehicles to custom maps as well (and not only to the Epic Standard maps).

Bye,

Blacky

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why the hell are Big Heads, No Adrenaline and No Superweapons on the whitelist .... those all change core gameplay. (rule #1)

Oh wait - its 1 set of rules for epic, and another for everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by supernewbie
    zound ?
    NO! OH GOD NO!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MG-Ganwick
    :up:
    :up: :heart:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Current Standard Server Whitelist

Originally posted by joepjens
    Because the core of the game is still the same, the hitbox is the same iirc.

utcomp changes a few things, like bs, hitsounds and force model. So they change the core of the game, the weapon balance is different with utcomp. So it's not on the whitelist.
    Yeah, the hitbox is the same with Big Head - but there's no longer any correlation between the hitbox and its graphical representation. That's way non-standard in my book. UTComp may add brightskins and hitsounds, for example, but it retains the coordination of the hitbox with the onscreen character model; Big Head totally decouples the two.

I see the reasons for not including UTComp, though I'm not in agreement. I really don't see how Big Head can be justified, though. It's at least as serious a change as UTComp brightskins, and unlike brightskins it actually interferes with play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What? UT2Vote was removed? Are you sure?

I know UT2VoteMulti was never whitelisted, which I find really annoying, but I don't see why they would remove UT2Vote from the whitelist...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Current Standard Server Whitelist

Originally posted by Tropic
    what the hell? lol.
    Am I the only one who thinks this should not be on the list?

A server with Big Head is not what I call vanilla.
    How the hell is Big Head standard but utcomp is only noob flame fodder? No reason not to add utcomp

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Satore Monster Pack rocks. I came across it by accident and the Titans scared the life out of me when they appeared. It makes normal weapon Invasion really really hard

I'm happy to say that the PowerCoreVolumeControl mutator has made the white list - which is great news.

Where is the definitive list? I'd have thought it would be available somewhere but I've not found it yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by supernewbie
    why isnt slomo corpses on that list ???? :bulb:
    Bleh. I hate slomo corpses, I'm always dodging around a corner and wasting a lightning shot directly in to a corpse. Very annoying.

However, I can see that you would have an argument for it since BigHead made the list...which I also don't think should be considered "standard".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X