Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

I have 1 month left

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have 1 month left

I'm not sure how many people here really know me much or care, but I figure there's maybe a few so I thought I'd post.

I've been playing this game since early 2000. I've been involved with beyondunreal ever since then posting on the forum (tho it was planetunreal back then). I played through ut1, was really involved clanning in ut2k3, and still play regularly. You've probably seen me post, especally if you goto beyondunreal.com

Well all that is soon comming to an end. I'm mormon and one of the things that mormon guys my age do is go on missions. I get to walk door to door and ask people if they want to learn things about my religion. That's all I will be doing for the next two years - reading scriptures and teaching people. No TV, no computers, only communication I'll have with my friends/family will be through mail. All personal matters I have to leave behind. I'll also have to fork out a lot of money to do this (like 12 thousand or something like that).

What does that mean? I won't be around. No UT2k4, no forums, no testing mods or talking to people in IRC. I'm leaving for independance, missouri on July 7th. One month left. You probably won't hear a thing of me untill 2006. Hopefully I'll be back before epic releases their next game

yo, what up? didn't know there were very many other mormons on here, go figure, but just think of all the cool new games you'll get to play all at once when you get back

Comment

I dont see the sence in it myself, but either way, good luck. I hope you have safe travels and enjoy yourself :up:

Comment

And I thought parents forcing me to goto church every sunday morning was bad enough.

Comment

Re: I have 1 month left

Originally posted by TWD
          I'm not sure how many people here really know me much or care, but I figure there's maybe a few so I thought I'd post.

I've been playing this game since early 2000. I've been involved with beyondunreal ever since then posting on the forum (tho it was planetunreal back then). I played through ut1, was really involved clanning in ut2k3, and still play regularly. You've probably seen me post, especally if you goto beyondunreal.com

Well all that is soon comming to an end. I'm mormon and one of the things that mormon guys my age do is go on missions. I get to walk door to door and ask people if they want to learn things about my religion. That's all I will be doing for the next two years - reading scriptures and teaching people. No TV, no computers, only communication I'll have with my friends/family will be through mail. All personal matters I have to leave behind. I'll also have to fork out a lot of money to do this (like 12 thousand or something like that).

What does that mean? I won't be around. No UT2k4, no forums, no testing mods or talking to people in IRC. I'm leaving for independance, missouri on July 7th. One month left. You probably won't hear a thing of me untill 2006. Hopefully I'll be back before epic releases their next game
          humm why are you doing this if your calling your self a moreon :P not very logicail if your doing it its cause your want to and you shouldnt call your self anything and not care is other spam and flam you about it..... Do what you trhink it the good thing

No tv!!! and No Computer!!!?? hope you dont knock at my door ill through you a brick :P :PP

good luck with your thing

Comment

I´m so total unreligious,but if it´s your will then do it for your religion.I wish u good luck with it.I´ll meet you again in 2 years =) :up:

Comment

At times like those, it makes me glad im of no denomination. I dont agree with doing things because a god will disaprove if i didnt do a certain thing or w/e. Its just silly. Also, please dont come to my house. Good luck living without UT and forums though.

Comment

Good luck!

I'm also gonna be away for 2 years, as of ~July 3rd. I'll still have computer/net access etc though.

Comment

I'm seriously considering about making a lame remark about mormons and martial arts.

Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to do anything like that. I wish you the best of luck with it though.

Comment

eh...
                    *thankful he's not mormon*

No offence but I seriously don't see how one could enjoy that religion... I'm sure there's a heck of a lot more to it, but (to me) it sounds like you're paying $12G to have doors slammed in your face? ... no thanks.

Mind you I'd be wrong to assume I'm right on the money, because I'm sure there's a lot more going on then that...it sounded to me like you're giving that $$$ to whoever it is who's running your local parish, but i'm sure it's something more reasonable like plane tickets + other stuff, or something... anyway, feel free to ignore my post if you want

geez, I reread my rambling and it looks as though I'm calling mormonism a cult, yes I know it's a religion!

opinion aside, good luck on whatever it is you'll be doing :up:

*lets the flaming of himself begin*

Comment

sell your computer before leaving for teh crusade, then buy a new one when you get back to gaming again.

pssst, bring a Gameboy with you in secret.

Comment

good luck ! enjoy the views

Comment

Originally posted by duskboy
                          sell your computer brefore leaving for teh crusade, then buy a new one when you get back to gaming again.

pssst, bring a Gameboy with you in secret.
                          screw that! bring a PSP! (casually gloats that a friend of his is on one of the Sony dev teams for the upcoming PSP).

Comment

Adeos :/

The only thing I see wrong at that is the expenditure of so much cash, but that is life.

It's a shame that these "missions" cann't be brought up to date, but they haven't, so see ya in two years

Comment

Religeon is not really my bag, not in an organised sense anyway.
                              I can see that good comes as a result of peoples faith as well as bad though.
                              So in summary, if you believe in what you're doing and you're sure it will not encroach on other peoples right to believe what they want, then go for it!

2 years is a long time though, sounds like the sort of thing you need to be really certain about.
                              I mean, religeon is supposed to be a set of rules to live your life by - its not meant to be your life to the exclusion of all else, even if it is only for 2 years.

I have a good friend whose family are Mormons. They're great people. However, out of 9 children, only my friend and one brother chose not to follow the religeous beliefs of his family.
                              They didn't suffer from it as far as I can tell. They are both great family men with good jobs, loving families etc.
                              My friend described it as "I just didn't feel I needed it to do the right thing."
                              He invariably does do the right thing, so I tend to agree.

But I digress. If its for you, you'll already know in your own mind. Make the right choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X