Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New announcer for UT2004

From Gamesdomain's UT2004 preview

"Complementing the rough-and-tumble feel of the game is the new announcer. Sounding a lot meaner than his 2003 incarnation, the commentary provided is laced with just the right touch of sarcasm."

Really am liking the sound of UT2004 even more (pardon the pun.) Hope he's more like the UT one hehe.

That's good to hear. I do think I am still in the minority when it comes to liking UT2k3's default announced, I've heard them all, the new ones, the one from UC .... but I really think the one that shipped default with UT2k3 is the best. It keeps me going, the other ones don't have this power enough to keep me moving.

Anyway, don't want to chnge the subject. I wouldn't mind this announcer.

Comment

Evil

It's probably just the Evil announcer from the UT2003 BP.

Comment

I also like the default one best. But if the new one will be good i will use that one (ofcourse).

Comment

I eagerly await the dual assault rifles....oh and the vehicles

Comment

I like the "evil" and "female" (not the horny one) voices. The british accent on the female announcer is great

Comment

the announcer in 2004 was just plain awfull
              .... sounded like an american football commentator or summit to me ..... plus it was too arcadey

Comment

The female voice which give objectives in Assault map would make a good Announcer.
                It was the same kind of voice that the early UT2003 videos had and that many people liked better than Tony the Tiger.

The female from the BP is sounding a bit too mean (for example in the "Flak Monkey" anouncement).

I prefer custom announcer Helena over it. It's a bit whacky and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ^vs^Bazza
                  the announcer in 2004 was just plain awfull
                  .... sounded like an american football commentator or summit to me ..... plus it was too arcadey
                  Summit, a word that could be replaced by apogee, another (rather an older) name for 3D Realms, a company that uses the Unreal engine to create their game Duke Nukem Forever, I think... if they still are...
                  Uhm, no, I don't think it's a pun after all, or at least I can't figure it out.

Anyway, the announcer was supposed to sound like an American football announcer.
                  At the time Epic thought it was cool to have that whole sports theme in their game, but because not many people liked it, they're making UT2004 a bit more like UT instead.
                  I think I like the Female one best, but I change announcers every now and again.

Comment

Re: Evil

Originally posted by RetodonIIX
                    It's probably just the Evil announcer from the UT2003 BP.
                    No, it is a new recording that I personally sat in on to make sure it was dead on this time.

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                      The female voice which give objectives in Assault map would make a good Announcer.
                      It was the same kind of voice that the early UT2003 videos had and that many people liked better than Tony the Tiger.

The female from the BP is sounding a bit too mean (for example in the "Flak Monkey" anouncement).

I prefer custom announcer Helena over it. It's a bit whacky and fun.
                      never heard of custom announcer helena. where you got it from ? thx.

Comment

Re: Re: Evil

Originally posted by CliffyB
                        No, it is a new recording that I personally sat in on to make sure it was dead on this time.

Cliff
                        Just hope the evil voice this time dont have errors in the log file?
                        As i get loads off errors in my log file,only with the evil voice though??

Here is an example.
                        Warning: Failed to load 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.Speed': Failed to find object 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.Speed'
                        Warning: Failed to load 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.Play': Failed to find object 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.Play'
                        Warning: Failed to load 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.Red_Team_takes_the_lead': Failed to find object 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.Red_Team_takes_the_lead'
                        Warning: Failed to load 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.MegaKill': Failed to find object 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.MegaKill'
                        Warning: Failed to load 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.LudicrousKill_F': Failed to find object 'Sound AnnouncerEvil.uax.LudicrousKill_F'
                        :down:

Comment

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=286059

If only she was an unreal announcer....

Comment

OMG I love sarcasm. w00t to sarcasm. I cannot wait for the new phrases. I hope you get made fun of if you suck. ( just a little)

Comment

Re: Re: Evil

Originally posted by CliffyB

Cliff
                              excellent, I think the new announcer will be awesome

:up:

Comment

Working...
                              X