[OT] Serious problem in AIM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Serious problem in AIM!

Ok, I got a major problem that won't go away... I recently installed Jailbreak and got rid of some spyware using SpyBot Search and Destroy, and now, when using AOL Instant Messenger, I can't type! All I get is the error sound, and no amount of restarts will fix it! Any suggestions?

Tried reinstalling it?

Comment

Hey how are you doing?

It depends on what "Jailbreak" you are refering to.

If you are refering to the Assault mission just delete it and reinstall it.

However, if you are refering to the gametype Jailbreak, when I downloaded it there was an error something along the lines of incompatable software, well anyway, I kept on causing errors until I deleted it from my hardrive however I don't have AIM so I don't really know if that might just be an internal error not involving the Jailbreak program or not sorry.

Comment

AIM uses WildTangent in its newest version, which is known spyware detected by spybot and ad-aware. Deleting it causes some buggy after-effects. Reinstall AIM, or, better yet, use another version like DeadAIM, or scrap that client altogether and use Trillian for your AIM needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbidity
          AIM uses WildTangent in its newest version, which is known spyware detected by spybot and ad-aware. Deleting it causes some buggy after-effects. Reinstall AIM, or, better yet, use another version like DeadAIM, or scrap that client altogether and use Trillian for your AIM needs.
          Yea, that.
          I'd also say dig around Spybot, it usually keeps a backup of stuff that gets removed, so you might be able to recover wildtangent.

If you do reinstall reg AIM, use a firewall to block wildtangent from accessing the net

Comment

Working...
          X