DX9 in 2k4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DX9 in 2k4

i dont like the idea of losing the dx9 feature in the next patch.
    although id agree the improvements are little. i have found
    with this its easier to see some of the skins. having switched
    from default skins to normal skins after the latest patch.

just wondered how others viewed this ???

well the beta version lost a frame in performance on my system, can anyone actually come up with a success story where the dx9 dll was some how better then the dx8??

Comment

the DX9 renderer does NOTHING because the game doesnt have any DX9 features. Keep it loose it i dont care, it's a waste of hard disk space.

Comment

If you don't want to lose it, I see no reason why you can't keep the dll from the previous patch.

Comment

my vid card cant support dx9 so..... i dont care lol

Comment

If you install the new patch, it's still there. The new patch doesn't delete it (at least the Beta version doesn't).

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
              the DX9 renderer does NOTHING because the game doesnt have any DX9 features. Keep it loose it i dont care, it's a waste of hard disk space.
              Ohh it does something ie prevents threads like:
              "Epic where are the shader 3.0"
              "Why no DX9 support"
              "OMG WTF EPIC PLZ FIX"
              "Shader 3.0 soon?"
              "Got my FX5200, unsupported?"

and instead giving us threads like:
              "OMG new DX9 renderer is awesome"
              "Thank you Epic, works perfect"
              "Enabled the new renderer on my GeForce2 MX and got great performance boost and nicer image"
              "Wow impressive DX9 image quality, look at those 2 pixels"

imo second couple of threads are better, so definitely keep it Epic

Comment

the 5200 needs to burn in hell. atleast the other craptastic budget cards had MX in the name. People are fooled into buying this piece o **** thinking its only a little less powerfull then the other 5x00 when infact its buttloads slower, another WORLD slower.

Comment

Oh... *sob*....

Couldn't they add some of the DX9 features insted? :bulb:

Comment

How about an option "My card doesn't support dx9"

Comment

on my mates comp who has a geforce fx5700 and he noticed alot of **** in the detailing of shaders with the dx9 renderer, such as the ones on the geothermal pipes for instance. the dx9 renderer is a load of **** to be honest, and epic may release a later version of it once this is all fixed i think

Comment

Originally posted by Zimeon
                        How about an option "My card doesn't support dx9"
                        Low-end computer

Comment

Tried it with my Radeon 9600XT. Worked decently. Might've had an small hit or performance increase, i'm not sure. Water effect needs to be fixed though, cause it really is a pain to not see water until you're standing in it. I guess when that gets fixed the UDamage look will be fixed (but I don't mind the way it looks).

Comment

you don''t need a dx9 card to use it, dx9 is just a way of rendering things, it has nothing to do with your card, the only way your card is dx9 supported that it has been optimized for dx9, I got a dx8 card, and the game runs better on dx9.

Comment

dx9 made my FPS drop by 20%, so I can happily do without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X