GPFs and no official word from Atari?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPFs and no official word from Atari?

Thousands of people are getting GPFs due to an OFFICIAL patch and still no word from Atari/Epic? WTH?

Atari are marketing, if you want to talk about technical side of things, turn to Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
      Atari are marketing, if you want to talk about technical side of things, turn to Epic.
      Well, there is no word from eihter of them.

Comment

OMG ATARI PLZ FIX!

but yea, i'm sure epic is working on a patch or something. Would you rather them come here and answer all our petty little questions, or them work on the patch and leave us alone?

Comment

Originally posted by cAm
          OMG ATARI PLZ FIX!

but yea, i'm sure epic is working on a patch or something. Would you rather them come here and answer all our petty little questions, or them work on the patch and leave us alone?
          It takes 2 minutes to come here, say "We're working on a patch to fix GPFs" and leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Yourself
            It takes 2 minutes to come here, say "We're working on a patch to fix GPFs" and leave.
            Epic has NEVER ignored the community though, so we have no reason to think that they are not working on it. if they DID come here to announce that they were working on it, then the community would harass them wanting to know how long it will be b4 the patch comes, this would put pressure on epic, and chances are much better that they would make a mistake in the next patch because they were put under so much pressure from the community.

Comment

Originally posted by cAm
              Epic has NEVER ignored the community though, so we have no reason to think that they are not working on it. if they DID come here to announce that they were working on it, then the community would harass them wanting to know how long it will be b4 the patch comes, this would put pressure on epic, and chances are much better that they would make a mistake in the next patch because they were put under so much pressure from the community.

cheblakaw!!!

good job adult!!!

Comment

There has been on the ut2004mods mailing list. The GPF's are apparently fixed for the next patch, the first beta of which should be out soon.

Comment

Re: GPFs and no official word from Atari?

I have posted this before, but I'll post it again since it must be lost in the plethora of patch posts:
                  Originally posted by Steve Polge
                  ...We're working hard on a second patch to address the two big issues in
                  3204 - the "intersect function" crash, and the spurious speed hack
                  detection problems. We're also fixing a host of other issues...

Comment

Probably because they're already working on it. In the mean time, try comparing your hardware with others who are having the problem. It's possible that the problem can be fixed by reinstaling your drivers, directx, windows, or the game.

You can *greatly* help the community by helping to pinpoint the circumstances that cause the crash.

Other than that, you may find other people to comiserate with, but that won't solve your problem. But, fear not, since the bug seems to have been introduced in the patch, I'm sure epic is reviewing all the code-changes they made between the release, and 3204. Rest assured, they *will* find it.

I run the linux version myself. Which, by the way, had a nasty crash-to-desktop bug that happened about once every 20 minutes. That bug had been plaguing linux users since day one. (It only got fixed with 3204) So, believe me... I know your pain, and I sympathize.

This too, shall pass.

Comment

Re: GPFs and no official word from Atari?

Thousands of people are getting GPFs due to an OFFICIAL patch and still no word from Atari/Epic? WTH?
                      you just haven't heard apparently... doesn't mean it hasn't been addressed

Comment

Originally posted by |DECEP|^oMIkron
                        cheblakaw!!!

good job adult!!!

i honestly have no idea what to make of that.

Comment

Working...
                        X