No announcement yet.

Some legit thoughts on RO SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread starter Epic didn't make this mod... the commuinty did... you can ask Epic to do anything about it

Comment

Originally posted by meKilgore
      [B]Well, all I can say is that it's ashame you would take what I said above personally.
      What do you mean 'take it personally'? You addressed that part of your post TO THE READER. Beyond that, am I insulted by what you said? Not in the slightest. A naive sweeping statement liek the one you made doesn't insult me, it makes me think you're a bit dumb. That's all.

You're more than free to isolate and comment on whatever point of mine you feel like speaking too.
      Thanks. I'm glad you retracted that previous (very bizarre) retort with this :up:

I guess I was expecting more from forum members like yourself, but unfortunately, it's more about your way of seeing things than mine.
      Lol, gimme a break. 'I expected more from you, Timmy'. Get off your horse and take your head out of your ****.

Comments like this, as well as referring to your opinions as 'legitimate thoughts' (as if everyone elses are somehow not legitimate) demonstrate what a gigantic arrogant crock of crud your posts really are.

It's spelled semantics (goading you only a little ), and I appreciate that you took time to respond as a reader, since I assumed my audience was on the whole the UT community. But although you might have your individual reasons for buying a decent or state-of-the-art graphics card, that reason might not square with everone, myself included. If everone turned out the opinion you did, then there would be little motivation to create new game engines, etc...
      Absolutely. Hence, you made a mistake in phrasing that point 'you'.

Unfortunately, since I started the thread and was the first to make a point, I'm afraid the only person who's confused is you! Your point was Off the Topic from what I wrote to begin with.
      Clearly it wasn't, since you made more than one point in your post and I addressed one of those points.

Are you simple?

Again, I appreciate your perspective on your computer needs for the UT community, but this was not what I was addressing in what I wrote above.
      Then the only advice I can give you is to stop making very naive sweeping statements about people, in an attempt to back up your arguments.

Apparently, you have a difficult time appreciating my P.O.V., so I won't spend any effort on trying to make you understand what I was saying, since it seems to have passed you by!
      And as I've said before, I'm not concerned with the other points you made in your post and am only addressing the one. You seem to hold a rather simple 'you're either with us or against us' mentality whereby I have to agree with you in full, or not at all. The world really isn't that straightforward mate.

Then why did you post to begin with?
      Buh, because you made more than one point in your post (plenty of which didn't even agree with each other) and I addressed one. You really are having trouble with this concept, yes?

Here I must admit I'm confused, since you have not elaborated on why you chose UT2004, and not other games, that have even larger, more active communities!
      That is a good point. The answer is similarity. UT2004 is one of the closer games to Q3, as opposed to, say, counterstrike.

Now your just being nasty! Typical of the people that frequent this forum.
      Yeeeeeees... typical people who disagree with you. They're all the same, and obviously anyone who disagrees doesn't have a point and we can safely lump them in with all the other people who have ever disagreed with me. While we're at it, we'll insult an entire forum of people too!

Heh, another sweeping generalisation. Keep it up, you seem to be the only person who can't spot them a mile away.

This quote is particularly sad,
      Sadenning, you're dissapointed in me, I'm not what you expected (small violin plays).

Your statement relies on the very arrogant assumpion that I have to live up to your expectations.

because it's what I expect to see from someone speaking from their bum hole.
      It's true. Even my **** has the linguistic prowess to point out what a completely pathetic thread this is.

"I'll make you understand me even if I have to insult your intelligence and make an *** out of you in front of the forum.
      You really didn't need my replies to accomplish that. Just posting a fetid **** of a (legit!!!) thread like this sufficed.

Such childish mentality circulates through all forums; a fact I suppose I need to except and move on
      Yeah, bye! :up:

but the likes of you will never be capable of handling an intelligent discussion with me, not even discussing shop over UT2004!
      OOOoh, you're too intellectually superior to us and we'll never be able to hold a discussion with you. That's what it is!

Fair enough, cya on www.mensa.com/forums

Small minded, arrogant... pffffffft, I'm bored. Finish the rest off yourselves.

Comment

QUOTE]Originally posted by STANGFRIIK
        If you did search the RO site, you would have read over and over again that practice mode has had almost no work done. The only reason it is even in RO is b/c it comes with UT2004. This will be improved upon in later versions but not until MP is perfected so don't look for it for a while.

There will NEVER EVER be crosshairs. Again, if you searched like you said, you would have read that.

A spade or small shovel was the weapon of choice for melee combat on the Eastern Front. This will be added eventually.

If you're running through ammo so quick that you have to scramble to find more, you must be spraying and praying b/c I rarely ever run out of ammo before dying. And if I happen to run low on ammo, I make sure I kill an enemy so I can get their weapon and ammo. This was based on realism and something that will not be changed just to make the game easier.

Again, realism takes precedence over a HUD that tells you where your teammates are. We may add a map showing where you are but never your teammates. That's what voicecomm or teamchat is for. We're also working on a way to better inform you of the location of objectives. If it was my choice, it wouldn't be added b/c people are too lazy to walk the map a few times in practice mode to learn it.

Out of your huge post, the only rational suggestion you had was regarding the melee weapon. All the other "stuff" could have been easily found by searching as you say you did.
        [/QUOTE]

I appreciate that you took a moment to respond to my post! I really do!

Your point that RO is intended as a realistic depiction of WW11 would be legitimate if other aspects of the game were also realistic, which it is not!

I can live without the crosshair, and I actually do enjoy the weapon animation when I use Iron sights. In fact, when I shoot from the sight and not the hip, I rarely run out of ammo. But I still maintain that it's a mistake to exclude a crosshair from the weapons, even if it's contary to the intentions of those that created the MOD. I also believe it's a mistake not to include some ammo in the map! Such as a cartridge laying on a table in one of the buildings. Not a lot of ammo, but a little! However, those points are minor to my main criticism. The bots in RO are a problem.

I believe I implied I was interested in RO, and saw that the game has potential, or did you miss that part? I would never buy this game if it went entirely MP! Something to keep in mind. What I was suggesting is that the game has the potential to be a great single player FPS, as well, only if more work is put into the A.I. I think I'm being fair here, and the suggestion is not ridicules. Work on the bots, and the game will rock! I don't always feel like playing online.

I can play online with a console, you know that right! So, PC games do not hold a monoply on MP FPS!

Comment

You should post this in the RO forumson their site. That's where the developers and beta testers are so you'll be tmore exposure

Comment

Did you assume you would have the last word, :haha:

I suggest removing the bug up your "you know what" and reread my posts. Mood can influence preception and comprehension. What you don't understand is that I'm not intimidated by you in the least! This forum is as anonymous as you can get, so I rest assured that your misplaced hostility has found no home, but I'm such a sport for these kinds of arguments, I just can't help myself.

Originally posted by TheGreatFoo
            What do you mean 'take it personally'? You addressed that part of your post TO THE READER. Beyond that, am I insulted by what you said? Not in the slightest. A naive sweeping statement liek the one you made doesn't insult me, it makes me think you're a bit dumb. That's all.
            Oh boy... does not know how to read his own posts!

"I didn't realise I wasn't free to reply to an individual point you made, without being required to tackle your post in full."

You see the hostility! You assumed I was jumping on your back because you did not address what I thought would have been an ideal reply. Then to respond to my question with the above is just venting pretended fustration. "without being required to tackle your post in full." "Tackle", interesting verb use, as if my post needed your expertise and brutality! There's arrogance for you folks!

Also interesting that you were the first to hand out insults!

"Making me restate my case over and over in various different ways is something I'm only willing to do for you a few times, before I give up and decide you're too simple to engage in even the most basic dialogue."

You want to know why I reponded to your post, because you wrote this:

"But lets get one thing straight: I dont do it for the eye candy. Visuals are nice and I do enjoy exploring custom maps with the graphics cranked up. But the bulk of my gaming is done with the lowest settings I can hit."

It's the" "But lets get one thing straight" that did not sit well with me! It's as if you approached my thread with utter loathing and disgust before hearing what I had to say, and then proceeded to take whatever I wrote as somehow directed at you personally, for where else does the "But lets get one thing straight," come from?

Thanks. I'm glad you retracted that previous (very bizarre) retort with this :up:
            See for comprehesion!

lol, gimme a break. 'I expected more from you, Timmy'. Get off your horse and take your head out of your ****.
            Well that would be somekind of sight if I could dismount from a horse with my head up my ****! Not very clever are you? Mixed metaphors have you ?

Comments like this, as well as referring to your opinions as 'legitimate thoughts' (as if everyone elses are somehow not legitimate) demonstrate what a gigantic arrogant crock of crud your posts really are.
            Yes, you were just in the right frame-of-mind to read it that way!

Here I will concede the possibility that people will interpret my use of the word legit in the context you specified, but that's not how intended to use it!. My use of the word legit implied a reasonable ground to make criticisms or complaint's. It was specifically addressed to people like Discord or Stangfriik who I knew ahead of time would dismiss my post as irrelevent or redundant, or the rantings of a misguided fool (as my post and I might be, but I thought I would emphasize this so my P.O.V. would not be belittled, as it happened to be anyways).

Absolutely. Hence, you made a mistake in phrasing that point 'you'.
            Riiiiggghhht! Whatever! As if I had you literally in mind! As if you could use such a pathetic point to badger me into silence! Grow up!

Clearly it wasn't, since you made more than one point in your post and I addressed one of those points.

Are you simple?
            Is this your adopted manner in offending people so you will not earn WLs. It is lame! As if I care what opinion you have of me, particularly when you don't know me. Frankly, based on your vocabulary and style of writing I would finger you for someone not well educated. Also, calling me Timmy is over my head, since any demeaning suggestions this nickname implies are culturally biased. Otherwise, I have no idea why you would call me Timmy, unless you want me for a lover...I don't know...?

Then the only advice I can give you is to stop making very naive sweeping statements about people, in an attempt to back up your arguments.
            What naive sweeping statements? That a majority of people buy graphics card so they can enjoy the eye candy? Well, that's the only generalization I made, and honestly, it makes sense, otherwise ATI or Nvidia would not manufacture newer cards, or the gaming industry would not produce new engines. You don't seem to get this! You seem to suggest that the playablity of new games is somehow separate from the eye candy, and I'm here to tell you that that's far from the case. You're either living in denial or in the past. Wake Up!

And as I've said before, I'm not concerned with the other points you made in your post and am only addressing the one. You seem to hold a rather simple 'you're either with us or against us' mentality whereby I have to agree with you in full, or not at all. The world really isn't that straightforward mate.
            Here, sir, is where you begin to get carried away!

Nothing in my thread or replys suggested I had a "you're with me or you're against me" attitude. I would have excepted your initial criticism without comment had you actually commented on the main topic of my thread.

Buh, because you made more than one point in your post (plenty of which didn't even agree with each other) and I addressed one. You really are having trouble with this concept, yes?
            If you really knew how to read (seeing you do not know how to write), you would'nt have found contradictory statements in my posts. If there are any, please...by all means....let me know?

That is a good point. The answer is similarity. UT2004 is one of the closer games to Q3, as opposed to, say, counterstrike.
            It's a good question, not a good point! Do you speak English?

Not much of an answer really? Wonder why?

Yeeeeeees... typical people who disagree with you. They're all the same, and obviously anyone who disagrees doesn't have a point and we can safely lump them in with all the other people who have ever disagreed with me. While we're at it, we'll insult an entire forum of people too!

So everone one in the forum disagrees with me and you can safely speak for everyone?

Sir, you are a moron! Next time someone doubts the veracity or gravity of your comments, don't be so trigger happy and try to frag them with your dwarfed intellect. Instead, approach with a little more discretion and maturity, and useless posts like these can be avoided, but if you're still looking to "duke it out", I'm always game. How badly do you want the last word? The rest of what you stated below is simply beneath me to comment on, since it's such an expression of a childish outburst. I'll simply quote it:

Heh, another sweeping generalisation. Keep it up, you seem to be the only person who can't spot them a mile away.

Sadenning, you're dissapointed in me, I'm not what you expected (small violin plays).

Your statement relies on the very arrogant assumpion that I have to live up to your expectations.

It's true. Even my **** has the linguistic prowess to point out what a completely pathetic thread this is.

You really didn't need my replies to accomplish that. Just posting a fetid **** of a (legit!!!) thread like this sufficed.

Yeah, bye! :up:

OOOoh, you're too intellectually superior to us and we'll never be able to hold a discussion with you. That's what it is!

Fair enough, cya on www.mensa.com/forums

Small minded, arrogant... pffffffft, I'm bored. Finish the rest off yourselves.

Comment

:haha: :haha:

This is funny. RO fanboys = CS fanboys...

1) RO is still in beta - therefore, not only critiques are warranted (they always are), but they are NEEDED!! Using a beta state as an excuse for somthing sucky or unfinished just shows a lack of maturity.
              2) The lack of SP/bot support sucks. The fact that it was intentionally overlooked by the dev team doesn't make it not suck. If the fanboys want to play online only, good for them. The rest of us might not...

Comment

For a 'Realistic Mod' I find it strange that most buildings aren't enterable.

Last time I checked, most buildings in my area have rooms, that you can enter, and walk through. I haven't been in most of them... but I assume the doors will open and there will be space inside.

In otherwords; If you want a realistic game, have realistic maps.

Comment

I made a song:

RO RO RO your boat
                  gently down the stream
                  Please go back and play CS
                  Cause bots are but a dream.

/me bows

Comment

Working...
                  X